PDA

View Full Version : Good In Between Meal Snacks

Topbod
04-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Post em up! what do you guys eat in between meals for snacks? i have been starting to eat 2 per day Big 100's protein bars but the sugar and saturated fat is making me not want them! so i'm looking for a high end calorie food snack that is actually healthy for me. Anyway What do you guys eat that is healthy and high in calories in between meals?

braggable
04-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Post em up! what do you guys eat in between meals for snacks? i have been starting to eat 2 per day Big 100's protein bars but the sugar and saturated fat is making me not want them! so i'm looking for a high end calorie food snack that is actually healthy for me. Anyway What do you guys eat that is healthy and high in calories in between meals?

Sat fats and sugars are not evil.

On a completely unrelated issue, I much prefer to eat solid foods for meals or snacks. Proats are incredible!

To each their own though.

defury
04-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Beef jerky, mainly because I am always low on protein to begin with.

PS: Saturated fat IS healthy for you.

eappleton1
04-05-2011, 08:13 AM
greek yogurt, beef jerky, greek yogurt

t1ger
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/33d9jsl.png

Topbod
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
To a point it is healthy, and I dont like beef jerky to much sodium, also I always eat a protein bar and nuts, totLl of 900 cals, the only reason im iffy about protein bars is because it doesnt have the best reviews

braggable
04-05-2011, 08:25 AM
To a point it is healthy, and I dont like beef jerky to much sodium, also I always eat a protein bar and nuts, totLl of 900 cals, the only reason im iffy about protein bars is because it doesnt have the best reviews

The thing about protein bars is they are supposed to be a convenient way for you to supplement your cals/protein/whatever. A lot of people think they have magic powers.

Find what is most convenient for you, and tastes best, and eat that.

Im telling you, give Proatmeal a try. Its incredible.

agm1984
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
looking at a big bag of almonds beside me atm

i also drink a cup or 2 of milk as bonus snacks.

besides that i dont really snack. i eat alot of small meals. easier for me to constantly stomach 3400 cal per day that way.

just stopped drinking protein drinks and stuff recently but i used to whip up a shaker bottle and nurse that for a couple hours.

Topbod
04-05-2011, 09:08 AM
looking at a big bag of almonds beside me atm

i also drink a cup or 2 of milk as bonus snacks.

besides that i dont really snack. i eat alot of small meals. easier for me to constantly stomach 3400 cal per day that way.

just stopped drinking protein drinks and stuff recently but i used to whip up a shaker bottle and nurse that for a couple hours.

I only drink i mean only drink protein shakes after workout! i never replace a snack with a protein shake ever! I try to consume 4,000 to 5,000 cals a day. try to make them all good calls but hey i'm not on a bulk phase if i don't gain a little extra fat. And yeah protein bars taste good to me and i've never herd of that proatmeal stuff your talking about.

PhiSig2298
04-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Golden Flakes Sweet Heat BBQ pork skins

VincentiT
04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Ice cream (srs) in between my two big ass meals at night. Not every night but at least twice a week. Skinny cow ftw

TheRagingboxer
04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
The thing about protein bars is they are supposed to be a convenient way for you to supplement your cals/protein/whatever. A lot of people think they have magic powers.

Find what is most convenient for you, and tastes best, and eat that.

Im telling you, give Proatmeal a try. Its incredible.

HAHA I remember when I was likfe 15 or 16 I would chow on protein bars expecting to look like Arnold within 3 months. Strong fail on my part. Good stuff.

Topbod
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
HAHA I remember when I was likfe 15 or 16 I would chow on protein bars expecting to look like Arnold within 3 months. Strong fail on my part. Good stuff.

haha, but they are a decent source of calls, some of them at least. and not bad tasting, i'm debating to give up protein bars though, and just put canned chicken and some fruit in it's place.

Christiffer
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM

Damn good BBQ beef jerky- very low sodium. That combined with some blue diamond almonds= win!

braggable
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM

Yup. I think we've all been there at one point or another, lol.

Ice cream (srs) in between my two big ass meals at night. Not every night but at least twice a week. Skinny cow ftw

Bro, I finally tried the Skinny Cow PB & Choc ice cream sandwiches. They were gone in two days, srs. IF FTW!

VincentiT
04-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Bro, I finally tried the Skinny Cow PB & Choc ice cream sandwiches. They were gone in two days, srs. IF FTW!

I saw those in some ad and I was like fuuuuu I gotta try that but haven't been able to find them anywhere. Only seen the vanilla & choc :(

I'm almost done with a box of the mint truffle bars.. I make a bowl of oats, and then just throw a bar on top and let it melt in.. WIN

Topbod
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I saw those in some ad and I was like fuuuuu I gotta try that but haven't been able to find them anywhere. Only seen the vanilla & choc :(

I'm almost done with a box of the mint truffle bars.. I make a bowl of oats, and then just throw a bar on top and let it melt in.. WIN

That doesn't sound to bad! might have to try it, anyone else? how much protein do you guys try to consume... not including protein shakes.