PDA

View Full Version : Need help on my diet w/ p90x

ving320
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Let me start by saying i am on my fourth week of p90x and have decided that the diet plan given is pretty much garbage for me. The way it is built, I find it very hard to maintain the amount of grams of protein I wish to eat. I weigh around 210lbs, and want to eat atleast 270+ grams per day, at the minimum. This is my basic daily diet:

Breakfast: 2 scoop protein shake + oatmeal
9 am: 15g protein bar
11 am: pbnj on rye or wheat
lunch: usually a grilled chicken breast sandwhich + 2 servings of milk
after school (3pmish): 2 scoop protein shake
dinner: all the meat / protein i can get

It is hard for me to get big meals in during the day, other than lunch, so I guess I was really wondering what I can do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PWOGasMan
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
The best help I got for ya is to read the stickies - which you have not done.

Aim for 1-1.5g of Protein per LB of LBM
Aim for .4-1g of Fat per LB

Reps for realizing their diet program sucks.

foodandfitness
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
The best help I got for ya is to read the stickies - which you have not done.

Aim for 1-1.5g of Protein per LB of LBM
Aim for .4-1g of Fat per LB

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

braggable
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Let me start by saying i am on my fourth week of p90x and have decided that the diet plan given is pretty much garbage for me. The way it is built, I find it very hard to maintain the amount of grams of protein I wish to eat. I weigh around 210lbs, and want to eat atleast 270+ grams per day, at the minimum. This is my basic daily diet:

It is hard for me to get big meals in during the day, other than lunch, so I guess I was really wondering what I can do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P90X diet plan is trash. Glad to see you came to that realization. Read the stickies to calculate your daily cal/macro needs, and fill them with foods you enjoy. Eat whenever is most convenient for you, don't worry about meal timing.

jsalazar92
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM

eat your meat as fajitas,
1 pound of nicely seasoned chicken fajitas goes by as nothing to me..... yet it gives me about 90g of protein,

pound of chicken for lunch, another one of sirloin for dinner, plus PWO shake, there you have over 200g .
plenty of protein...

sawoobley
04-04-2011, 04:32 PM

The plan has two main goals. To have you increase your calories to where they should be and to change your eating habits so you start eating a balanced diet. Most people get off the phase 1 diet early especially if they are already in shape. It's way too much protein anyways but people see early results with water loss and are motivated to stick with the program.

That being said following the ratio of macros isn't necessary. All of the phases will put you within the recommended amount of protein and fats that you find in the sticky. The benefit of go through it or experimenting on your own is you'll find out what works best for you. Most people seem to feel better increasing their carbs as they become more fit.

If you go to the stickies you'll be able to calculate the minimum amount of fat and protein you need for maximum results and it will help you not get OCD about the food you eat.

If your wanting to loose weight then its going to be a calorie game. Don't eat enough and you won't loose weight. Eat too much and your progress will be too slow. A 400-700 calorie deficit is where you want to be.

ving320
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
thank you everyone for the replies. i currently think i am sitting at around 16-17% bf, but that is just what a few people agreed upon from 4-5 pictures i had taken. I am not looking to get down to an insane 6-7% bf, I am perfectly content with 10-12% bf. I don't like the extra lean look anyway. I'll definitely check out the stickies. You guys think if I just eat smart and up my protein to 250ish grams of protein a day, I can still cut with the use of p90x + the gym?

Just a note, I absolutely hate running. It bores me to death and I want to quit after the first mile to two miles of running. I was thinking, could I do a 3 day split with p90x's plyos and core synergistics on my off days and be able to get down to around 12-13% bf in two months?