PDA

View Full Version : Desparate need of bulking diet help!!

Justang
06-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Ok I got this for my bulking diet, its cheap but im having a hard time understanding the servings and such, they say there are 16 servings in a gallon of milk, but I only get 14 glasses out of it. so if there is 8 g of protein and 16 servings that would be 128 g of protein in a gallon of milk?

1 gallon of milk = 128 g protein (8 grams 16 servings? This right!?)
1 can of tuna= 30 g protien
2 eggs in an egg sandwhich= 14 g protien
wal-mart mini pizza= 19 g protien (2 servings but 6 in bag?)

191 g protien

Calories
Gallon Milk= 2400
2eggs in egg sandwhich= 360
1 can tuna= 150 or so (don't have can to look at)
1 wal-mart pizza= 510

3300 calories

Fat
150+ grams

I wieght 130 and im a so called "hardgainer" and could someone please help me out, im desperate to get bigger even if its fat, i can burn that off later. Is this accurate?

Justang
06-05-2003, 09:18 PM
I really need help. Does this sound accurate?

NWP
06-06-2003, 12:09 AM
is that your entire diet? You drink a gallon of milk a day? Your calories and protein are right, but you have to rethink your bulking diet.

One eye pimp
06-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Go here and read the article

http://t-mag.com/html/body_92getbig.html

7000rpmisheaven
06-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Justang
I wieght 130 and im a so called "hardgainer" and could someone please help me out, im desperate to get bigger even if its fat, i can burn that off later. Is this accurate?

I just want to say that this is not a good idea. I am a hardgainer and I can relate to the thought of wanting to get bigger no matter what you put on. Let me tell you that it is going to get annoying when you still have tiny arms and legs and a tire starts to form around your waist.

You probably expect that you are going to put on muscle and take on fat with it. You seem to have the idea that you are not as concerned about getting fat. Because you are a hargainer it is going to be just as hard to keep the muscle on as it is to put it on in the first place. The point is that the muscle you put on while bulking isn't going to just go on and stay on. You may find that when it comes time to get rid of the tire you have trouble keeping the gains you made. And then you are back to where you started.

This actually happened to me. I spent a while bulking and gained alot of weight. I was bigger than I had ever been, both stronger and fatter than ever. When wanted to get rid of the fat I didn't didn't understand how difficult it was going to be to keep the muscle. I did a handful of things wrong and ended up losing everything.

Concentrate on lean gains. Eat right. Even as a hardgainer you still want to build muscle while taking on as little fat as possible.

Justang
06-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Ok so everything is right expect the fat % of grams right? So I need to get in 3000 calories but without all the fat? Maybe lower the fat grams to 60-70?

Justang
06-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah I drink a gallon of milk everyday, its only 4 big mcdonald cups, (the super size ones). I don't see how I wouldnget get any muscle, it has more protien than i need and carbs also. The fat is pretty high so I dunno.

Justang
06-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Well I was thinking I get mostly fat and few muscle but couldn't I burn it off while gaining muscle. My plan was to eat food like tuna for about 180 g of protien while burning off the fat. Getting almost 0 fat every day eating alot of tuna would mean I would turn that fat into lean muscle right? I can't bulk up the smart way, I don't get that kind of income.

7000rpmisheaven
06-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Let me say it before someone jumps down your throat. Fat doesn't turn into muscle and muscle does not turn into fat. Fat is broken down in the body and used as a short term energy source amoung other things. Muscle tissue is made up mostly of protein. There is no direct conversion between the two.

Your body needs fat. It doesn't need all kinds of fat. There is good and bad fat. You would be holding yourself back by not giving your body the fat it needs. To create the ideal anabolic environment you need to have a steady surplus in all categories fat, carbs, and protein. You have to give your body enough nutrients to build muscle and you just have to accept that some of whats left over is going to be stored.

massive member
06-11-2003, 02:11 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79491

LordNeon
06-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Justang
Yeah I drink a gallon of milk everyday, its only 4 big mcdonald cups, (the super size ones). I don't see how I wouldnget get any muscle, it has more protien than i need and carbs also. The fat is pretty high so I dunno.

You could go for skim milk instead. Or try substituting with some plain nonfat yogurt, if you're OK with that.