PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 weeks bulk then one week cut?

waqas11
04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
hello, im starting to plan my first time bulk, i will be starting in two weeks after my holiday. So i just wanted to ask is it ok if i do 3-4weeks bulk followed by a week of cut? i dont want to gain any inches on my waist, i love my jeans. I will be doing a slow 200-300 over maintaince bulk. Workout will be 4 days split. MON,WED,THURS,FRI

thanks

mannydawg
04-03-2011, 02:44 PM
hello, im starting to plan my first time bulk, i will be starting in two weeks after my holiday. So i just wanted to ask is it ok if i do 3-4weeks bulk followed by a week of cut? i dont want to gain any inches on my waist, i love my jeans. I will be doing a slow 200-300 over maintaince bulk. Workout will be 4 days split. MON,WED,THURS,FRI

thanks

just bulk slowly and you will be ok because your fairly new to this

waqas11
04-03-2011, 02:45 PM
just bulk slowly and you will be ok because your fairly new to this

thanks, so is it ok 3-4 weeks bulk then one week cut??

thanks

REALDEAL012
04-03-2011, 02:46 PM

thanks

If you are worried about gaining too much fat, bulk at a surplus of about 250 calories and that will put on about 2 pounds in a month.. Bulk for about 6 weeks to put on about 3 pounds, then for 2 weeks you could do a very minimal cut.. Maybe like a 300 calorie deficit. You will lose a little bit of fat that way, and if done right, after those 2 months, your gains SHOULD be 100% lean..

Now realize, this is under optimal conditions.. This does not mean that you will not gain any fat, its just an idea

mannydawg
04-03-2011, 02:47 PM
thanks, so is it ok 3-4 weeks bulk then one week cut??

thanks

nothing wrong with it but not going to make a difference if your bulking. If anything its just going to prolong the bulk. You will gain weight regardless of what you do if your bulking its just not worth wasting a week of your bulk by cutting.

waqas11
04-03-2011, 04:05 PM
If you are worried about gaining too much fat, bulk at a surplus of about 250 calories and that will put on about 2 pounds in a month.. Bulk for about 6 weeks to put on about 3 pounds, then for 2 weeks you could do a very minimal cut.. Maybe like a 300 calorie deficit. You will lose a little bit of fat that way, and if done right, after those 2 months, your gains SHOULD be 100% lean..

Now realize, this is under optimal conditions.. This does not mean that you will not gain any fat, its just an idea

yes i might go with that.

thanks for the help.

nothing wrong with it but not going to make a difference if your bulking. If anything its just going to prolong the bulk. You will gain weight regardless of what you do if your bulking its just not worth wasting a week of your bulk by cutting.

but if i cut along side of it, it will avoid waist size gain right?

thanks

mannydawg
04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
yes i might go with that.

thanks for the help.

but if i cut along side of it, it will avoid waist size gain right?

thanks

no it will just prolong it. you will still gain weight over time. If you want to gain muscle you need to be able to put up with some fat gain

waqas11
04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
no it will just prolong it. you will still gain weight over time. If you want to gain muscle you need to be able to put up with some fat gain

orite, so im just better off gaining it all at once then cutting right.

thanks for the help

REALDEAL012
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM

False..

Look up in the nutrition logs, Feeding The Moose..

He averages about 0.4 pounds of weight gain per week and about 1.5 per month..

With a good amount of protein, fat at 0.45g per pound of bodyweight, and occasional LISS cardio, gains will be as close to 100% lean as possible..

mannydawg
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
orite, so im just better off gaining it all at once then cutting right.

thanks for the help

yea but just aim for a small surplus and you will gain minimal fat especially because your are new to this

mannydawg
04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
False..

Look up in the nutrition logs, Feeding The Moose..

He averages about 0.4 pounds of weight gain per week and about 1.5 per month..

With a good amount of protein, fat at 0.45g per pound of bodyweight, and occasional LISS cardio, gains will be as close to 100% lean as possible..

that does not mean fat gain did not occur disregard this OP and realdeal yes I know nothing

the number of threads you have made clearly show how much you know and how much I DONT

waqas11
04-03-2011, 04:19 PM
that does not mean fat gain did not occur disregard this OP and realdeal yes I know nothing

the number of threads you have made clearly show how much you know and how much I DONT

thanks mannydawg your feedback will definetly be put into action! bulking starts two weeks from now.

JustinRideout
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM

thanks

Yes it's ok but :

1. 3-4 weeks won't make a big difference , building muscle takes time

But that slow of a bulk really won't make you fat (like you wanted)