PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Weekly rips Cam Newton

WheyneNewton
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

lol

Jamarcus V2

gottk2x
03-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Sounds like Pro Football Weekly knows whats up

magicmatt
03-30-2011, 08:01 AM
do not want if any of this is true. i did always think he was putting on an act and this proves my feelings

Liangtastic
03-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Once I heard him refer to himself in the third person I knew what was up. Can't stand that sh*t.

-=Zeus=-!
03-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Panthers better be listening to this...

gottk2x
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm a gift from God, no matter how much I sin.

shady fuk

batman15
03-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Lol wow.

LikeAMachine
03-30-2011, 08:57 AM
While I like Cam as a prospect, I absolutely agree.

No WAY would I draft a guy who has been a KNOWN cheater, and fuk a KNOWN theif as the leader and franchise player of my football team.

No fuking way and the Browns better not even be thinking about it.

fly4navy117
03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
We'll see who buys it and who doesn't on draft day. I promise you 100% of people drafting players into the NFL don't give a crap about an article like this because they have met Cam and worked with Cam. They will have formed their own opinions.

LiftHeavy85
03-30-2011, 09:06 AM
im pretty sure they care more about that Lombardi trophy then the personality of a player.

batman15
03-30-2011, 09:06 AM
We'll see who buys it and who doesn't on draft day. I promise you 100% of people drafting players into the NFL don't give a crap about an article like this because they have met Cam and worked with Cam. They will have formed their own opinions.

But they won't draft mallett because of articles?

F that. You're a blind homer. You mad I pissed on your trees to soak the poison in?

Djalo
03-30-2011, 09:26 AM
QB is the most important position in Football. He is the face of the organization and takes much of the responsibility for a win or loss. I would not want Cam Newton as my franchise QB. He has bust written all over him.

If the 49ers draft this dickhead, I might just quit on this team. I'm srs.

cor030
03-30-2011, 09:33 AM
doesn't surprise me at all

you folks would be surprised at how many Panther fans want this guy. they're ignoring all negatives and just saying "he's a winner! he'll put fans in the seats! we'll finally have plays on sportscenter top 10! you're a racist if you don't want Cam!"

I might legit cry if they draft this ****ing cheater. It would effectively guarantee the Panthers a top 5 pick for the next 3-4 years until they inevitably release him.

gottk2x
03-30-2011, 09:37 AM
im pretty sure they care more about that Lombardi trophy then the personality of a player.

You'd be surprised how much someone's personality can affect their career, like Vince Young for example.

the-truth
03-30-2011, 09:39 AM

auburn football fans. how delusional can you get

ChefPhalBignuts
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
He met with the Boys the other day :(

Something's going to be on fire if Jerry thinks this is a good idea

Hadouken91
03-30-2011, 09:43 AM

Funny you say that this year when the Packers win the SB, a team who put a huge emphasis on drafting character.

Liangtastic
03-30-2011, 09:53 AM

you folks would be surprised at how many Panther fans want this guy. they're ignoring all negatives and just saying "he's a winner! he'll put fans in the seats! we'll finally have plays on sportscenter top 10! you're a racist if you don't want Cam!"

I might legit cry if they draft this ****ing cheater. It would effectively guarantee the Panthers a top 5 pick for the next 3-4 years until they inevitably release him.

This year's draft is a wash. If they are smart they would draft Dareus or Fairley. The highest QB should be late 1st round.

Hadouken91
03-30-2011, 10:04 AM
This year's draft is a wash. If they are smart they would draft Dareus or Fairley. The highest QB should be late 1st round.

I disagree. I think Gabbert can easily be a Matt Ryan type and Ryan was drafted in the top 5 and people think it was a great selection.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Panthers take him first overall.

caj
03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Won't be one bit surprised if Al Davis learns nothing from JaMarcus Russell and drafts Cam Newton with the Raiders first pick.

97srad750
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM

I may abandon them if they draft him. It was hard enough having to pull for Clausen.

magicmatt
03-30-2011, 10:45 AM

do you get to hold a lombardi trophy with players who have attitudes like cams?

ezmac31
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
inb4 he's 295 lbs sippin on some sizzurp unemployed.

batman15
03-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Colin Cowherd is going to discuss this article with Rich McKay in just a few minutes on his show.* Like within the next five minutes the way it sounds.

cor030
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Colin Cowherd is going to discuss this article with Rich McKay in just a few minutes on his show.* Like within the next five minutes the way it sounds.

Radio show or is it on TV? if it's on the radio post some cliffs of it when it's finished please!

Budly69
03-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Won't be one bit surprised if Al Davis learns nothing from JaMarcus Russell and drafts Cam Newton with the Raiders first pick.

Well they already have one project QB, and they dont have a pick until the middle of the 2nd round and I just can't see Cam Newton falling that far. While my opinion is that Cam Newton shouldn't logically go until the late 2nd, early 3rd. By the time the Raiders pick comes round I look for them to draft Stefen Wisniewski.

His dad was a stud for the Raiders back in the day and is now a coach for them as well, I know this doesnt translate into his son being a great player but the kid has the pedigree and the background to flourish. That being said I am hoping and praying for Mike Pouncey to do something that will greatly damage his character image therefore allowing him to fall to the Raiders.

Does anybody else see the possibility of Cam Newton eventually end up playing tight end?

5x10
03-30-2011, 01:07 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing newton show up on draft day, wait back stage, and get passed up on all day

AxiomEK
03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
In before people accuse him of being racist against blacks.

DanzigFTW
03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
this just in!

cam newton still smiling at haters!

http://anysportanytime.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cam-newton-opy0-8624.jpg

batman15
03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
^^^ $Cam has a fuked up vagina.

fly4navy117
03-30-2011, 01:43 PM
But they won't draft mallett because of articles?

F that. You're a blind homer. You mad I pissed on your trees to soak the poison in?I begrudgingly said positive things about what I thought about the Mallet rumors in another thread and obviously no one is getting their draft spot moved by random articles. The way Mallet handles the media might affect his draft spot, but that's his behavior being evaluated by people who come to their own conclusions.

Quit being such a nancy.

Tes45
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
lol

Jamarcus V2

Except Jamarcus wasn't even good in college.

bigcc
03-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I hate that ****in grin Newton is always wearing, glad I'm not the only one who sees it as fake

DanzigFTW
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I hate that ****in grin Newton is always wearing, glad I'm not the only one who sees it as fake

and thats why he keeps smiling :)

Budly69
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
In before people accuse him of being racist against blacks.

inb4 Jamele Hill

GolfPants
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM

This x1000. How any team is willing to invest a 1st rounder in this guy, I have no idea.

chapelthrill62
03-30-2011, 05:52 PM
itt I come to the sad realization that the panthers will some how find a way to pick him. shoot me in the face...

Nolan78
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
brb not drafting a player with great talent because he has a "fake smile"

i think way too much is going in to the draft process if someone would really grade his smile

anyone it seems like a win-win for him because he is going to get drafted pretty high, if he bombs everyone will say it was expected and if he does well not a single phuck was given

GolfPants
03-30-2011, 06:08 PM
brb not drafting a player with great talent because he has a "fake smile"

i think way too much is going in to the draft process if someone would really grade his smile

Brb all that was said was he had a fake smile. Not that he's disengenuous, has a me-first attitude, has a sense of entitlement, no accountability, not hard worker, issues with authority, etc.

Not the kind of guy that I want leading my team at all, but hey, I hope he gets drafted high. One more good player to fall to my team.

Nolan78
03-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Brb all that was said was he had a fake smile. Not that he's disengenuous, has a me-first attitude, has a sense of entitlement, no accountability, not hard worker, issues with authority, etc.

Not the kind of guy that I want leading my team at all, but hey, I hope he gets drafted high. One more good player to fall to my team.

yeah i can read

i would love to have a player on my team that everyone hates, then on sunday goes out and kicks every teams ass

do u think all those teams who passed up randy moss in his draft wish they had drafted him? well maybe the cols were happy with their pick in that draft

AriGhold
03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
yeah i can read

i would love to have a player on my team that everyone hates, then on sunday goes out and kicks every teams ass

do u think all those teams who passed up randy moss in his draft wish they had drafted him? well maybe the cols were happy with their pick in that draft

there is a difference between everyone hating a player and their own team hating a player. weird how randy moss doesn't have a super bowl ring.

GolfPants
03-30-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah i can read

Well despite his hall of fame talent, Moss has been passed around to 4 different teams (5 if you count the vikes twice). And he doesn't even have ring to show for it. Teams don't want a pain in the ass on their roster. Ryan Leaf had incredible talent too.

Nolan78
03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
there is a difference between everyone hating a player and their own team hating a player. weird how randy moss doesn't have a super bowl ring.

so what he doesnt have a ring
Trent Dilfer has a ring, that makes him better than Dan Marino amirite?

GolfPants
03-30-2011, 06:40 PM

Lol strong straw man argument that gets beaten to death on this forum. No, Marino >>>> Dilfer.

Back on topic, IMO, Newton does not possess the intangibles to play QB at a high level in the NFL. Agree to disagree.

AriGhold
03-30-2011, 06:43 PM

i forgot how dan marino played on 5 different teams because he was a locker room cancer. don't underestimate how much one players attitude can affect a team.

Masstastic
03-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Lol strong straw man argument that gets beaten to death on this forum. No, Marino >>>> Dilfer.

Back on topic, IMO, Newton does not possess the intangibles to play QB at a high level in the NFL. Agree to disagree.

I can understand judging a player by what you see in regards to their talent, but now you are telling people about a guys intangibles to play a position. As if you actually know.

If this were so easy, you should be a NFL scout building a dynasty.

Masstastic
03-30-2011, 06:52 PM
i forgot how dan marino played on 5 different teams because he was a locker room cancer. don't underestimate how much one players attitude can affect a team.

There is a difference between the value of a receiver to a Franchise and a QB.

If a QB had the same attitude as Moss with elite talent, he never would've been traded.

AriGhold
03-30-2011, 07:05 PM
There is a difference between the value of a receiver to a Franchise and a QB.

If a QB had the same attitude as Moss with elite talent, he never would've been traded.

says who? especially in the current era, owners don't feel like putting up with anything. i feel like there are a lack of QBs with attitude issues with elite talent to begin with. moss's game has an on and off switch. if a QB phoned in a stretch of games or a season i'm sure they would be sent packing just like a WR.

SpiderSense
03-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Different sport but I remember this one guy who used to always refer to himself in the third person, what was his name?

Oh yeah, Rickey Henderson.

And all you ***gots would take him on your team in a heartbeat.

But OMG such a ****ty personality :rolleyes:

STFU

DanzigFTW
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
and thats why he keeps smiling :)

lol batman actually got offended by that comment^

Masstastic
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
says who? especially in the current era, owners don't feel like putting up with anything. i feel like there are a lack of QBs with attitude issues with elite talent to begin with. moss's game has an on and off switch. if a QB phoned in a stretch of games or a season i'm sure they would be sent packing just like a WR.

Carson Palmer has done it for several years now.

SwagMorris
03-30-2011, 07:19 PM
They could have just said he's a ******. No racist. But seriously, that's basically what they said.

If the Panthers draft him, I will not watch them or support them until he is gone.

AriGhold
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Carson Palmer has done it for several years now.

playing like **** is different than phoning it in. i'm sure having to deal with both TO and Ocho probably has a lot to do with why he wants out.

Tim080
03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
NFL wise, I still that Mallett will be a much better quarterback than Newton in the long run

GolfPants
03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I can understand judging a player by what you see in regards to their talent, but now you are telling people about a guys intangibles to play a position. As if you actually know.

If this were so easy, you should be a NFL scout building a dynasty.

Funny you say that because I'm not at all sold on his talent either. He ran that gimmick offense, and as impressed as I was with his running ability, I was mostly underwhelmed by his passing. I don't believe he's any more accurate than Locker.

But you are completely right, I don't know at all. I am not a scout, nor do I pretend to be. I just came in to say that I share the opinion of the article posted in the OP based on what I have seen. Scouts get to meet with him and talk to him so obviously they'll have a better idea as to what he's all about.

NFL wise, I still that Mallett will be a much better quarterback than Newton in the long run

This.

Goby
03-30-2011, 08:20 PM
While I like Cam as a prospect, I absolutely agree.

No WAY would I draft a guy who has been a KNOWN cheater, and fuk a KNOWN theif as the leader and franchise player of my football team.

No fuking way and the Browns better not even be thinking about it.

Why would we? We have Colt McJesus.

BFast55
03-31-2011, 05:27 AM
LOL give 'em a break, they just won their 1st NC.

http://www.airbornegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/troll-face-funny.png

fly4navy117
03-31-2011, 05:35 AM

What exactly is delusional about that? You think NFL GM's sit back and just read the newspapers and "Pro football weekly" to research their multi million dollar draft deal? LOL. Lettuce be real for a second. If a team doesn't draft Cam they either didn't need a QB or they didn't like him when they met with him. That's all I said.