PDA

View Full Version : How much could I lose by May

kc2006
02-09-2002, 06:27 PM
Ok I weigh 235, at 5'8" my bodyfat is over 20% most of my fat is around my waist and on butt and quads. Now I'm an endomorph with the big structure, but I also have alittle bit of genetics on my side. I can workout for two weeks and see big results. I'm starting a keto diet on monday and wanted to know if it would be possible to lose 30-40 pounds by the first of May(about 12 weeks). If any of the keto guys could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Guy
02-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Yes it is possible.But you have to be very strict with your diet and cardio.

DO NOT CHEAT!

I hope for you that everything goes well.

Blindfaith
02-10-2002, 03:20 PM
well personally the keto diet is absolutely one of the worst diets u could do!! U need carbohydrates peroid!!! U will lose the weight in a month if u wanted to with the keto diet but the only problem is that its mostly water and the very second u introduce carbs back into your diet u will gain all the weight back 2x faster than u lost it and your metabolism will be so slow that it will take u alot more effort to lose the weight again!!!....i see too many of my clients do this diet and always the same thing happens!!!! Trust me!

I really recommend the Body For Life diet! i have seen hundreds of people make the best results with this diet....its awesome and yes u will lose the 30lbs by may if u bust your ass doing cardio everyday and making sure u eat right!

Anyways thats my advice....hope it helps! Peace!

kappadonna
02-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Blindfaith
well personally the keto diet is absolutely one of the worst diets u could do!! U need carbohydrates peroid!!! U will lose the weight in a month if u wanted to with the keto diet but the only problem is that its mostly water and the very second u introduce carbs back into your diet u will gain all the weight back 2x faster than u lost it and your metabolism will be so slow that it will take u alot more effort to lose the weight again!!!....i see too many of my clients do this diet and always the same thing happens!!!! Trust me!

I really recommend the Body For Life diet! i have seen hundreds of people make the best results with this diet....its awesome and yes u will lose the 30lbs by may if u bust your ass doing cardio everyday and making sure u eat right!

Prepare to get flamed!

Original Poster
02-11-2002, 10:17 AM

FLAME-FLAME-FLAME :( :( :(

What a bunch of BS. Have you done a keto diet ? Why should he trust you ? Because you read somewhere that that is the way it is. I and many can attest to the effectiveness of a keto diet. Iv'e used keto off and on for a few years now and when I go back to normal (NORMAL not GLUTANUS carb eating), an I have gained almost nothing back. Many, I mean Many people who are serious about health and bodybuilding have used keto with great LASTING results. For people looking for a quick fix, I beleive, keto is not for most, because when they finish, they will probably go back to the bad habits that made them fat to begin with. IE.. NOTHING LEARNED. But for a serious health minded individual who is constantly learning about the body and training. I say KETO ROCKS !!!

It's not just your weight that matters, it is the amount of fat you are carrying (ie%BF) IMHO.

Body for life is a good plan. But don't Knock keto unless you tried it.

I think your name say's it all.....

Blindfaith...........

Yeah believe you WHY ?????? LOL

:)BURN BABY BURN :)

Blindfaith
02-11-2002, 01:16 PM
i have actually tried a keto diet on about 4 different occasions and found it to be totally unhealthy......your brain needs carbohydrates to be able to function at a normal rate! I have done some studies on this.....I have a sports med degree and i am going fo my masters in exercise physiology in september of this year...thats why i said "trust me" i know my ****.....scientifically that is.

I know lots of body builders who do this diet religously all the time because it produces the quickest results in the shortest time.....but is it healthy??? IMO no....IYO yes

I have done it....lost stupid amounts of weight from it BUT now my metabolism is so ****ed up from it i cannot burn calories as effieciently as before i tried the ketogenics diet. I do agree with u on the fact that this diet can work! But is it a diet that u would want to do forever and ever amen??? Hells no! IMO!

People's bodies react differently to these kind of diets....some people lose the weight some people dont lose a pound....some people keep their gains after the diet some people gain it all back and more......i was just giving him an alternative.....i have seen two totally different sides to this diet.....and i strongly believe in a total overall healty lifestyle combining the right proteins/fats/and carbohydrates will make u see great results without having to goto a high fat/med-high protein/no carb (im sorry under 30grams) diet.

You can take my advice or leave it.....its totally up to u! If the keto diet is for u than by all means giver ****! But im also letting others away of what is good and what might not be good for what they want to accomplish!

Peace!

kappadonna
02-11-2002, 04:12 PM
i have actually tried a keto diet on about 4 different occasions and found it to be totally unhealthy......your brain needs carbohydrates to be able to function at a normal rate! I have done some studies on this.....I have a sports med degree and i am going fo my masters in exercise physiology in september of this year...thats why i said "trust me" i know my ****.....scientifically that is.

I know lots of body builders who do this diet religously all the time because it produces the quickest results in the shortest time.....but is it healthy??? IMO no....IYO yes

I have done it....lost stupid amounts of weight from it BUT now my metabolism is so ****ed up from it i cannot burn calories as effieciently as before i tried the ketogenics diet. I do agree with u on the fact that this diet can work! But is it a diet that u would want to do forever and ever amen??? Hells no! IMO!

People's bodies react differently to these kind of diets....some people lose the weight some people dont lose a pound....some people keep their gains after the diet some people gain it all back and more......i was just giving him an alternative.....i have seen two totally different sides to this diet.....and i strongly believe in a total overall healty lifestyle combining the right proteins/fats/and carbohydrates will make u see great results without having to goto a high fat/med-high protein/no carb (im sorry under 30grams) diet.

You can take my advice or leave it.....its totally up to u! If the keto diet is for u than by all means giver ****! But im also letting others away of what is good and what might not be good for what they want to accomplish!

Peace!

Have to disagree with u, Your brains main source of energy is FAT!

Blindfaith
02-11-2002, 04:28 PM
well then we agree to disagree....thats cool! I think the keto diet is great for bodybuilders who want to lose weight before a contest but as far as your normal "joe" wanting to drop a few pounds and get in shape....no i dont think it would be a good diet to do for a long term basis...IMO! Peace!

CyberGod
02-11-2002, 04:45 PM
First of all, Brain's fuel isn't fat, its glucose.

well BlindFaith, what kind of diet do you suggest to lose weight?? You said Body for Life, but what's the calorie intake of it, protein/carb/fat ratios??? I'm planning to diet after my summer, so I'm packing the more mass as I can (I'm not a kind of guy who wants to look good for the girls during summer, my selfesteem isn't affected by women).

kappadonna
02-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by CyberGod

well BlindFaith, what kind of diet do you suggest to lose weight?? You said Body for Life, but what's the calorie intake of it, protein/carb/fat ratios??? I'm planning to diet after my summer, so I'm packing the more mass as I can (I'm not a kind of guy who wants to look good for the girls during summer, my selfesteem isn't affected by women).

Dip****, run a search before u open your trap, 10 to 20% of the brain is composed of cholesterol, containing 40 times more cholesterol than muscles, and 7 to 10 times more than the liver, where cholesterol is produced. Some neurotransmitters in the brain are composed of fatty acids, like oleamide (6), erucamide (7), cis-9,10-Octadecenamide (8) and arachidonic acid (9). Arachidonic acid for example, supports acetylcholine secretion (10), enhancing cognitive abilities. Oleamide helps you fall asleep at night, influencing serotonine-receptors. (11)
Also, fat is the main source of energy for the colon and the heart.
Brainfood is clean, pure food that contains all the nutrients the brain (and the body) needs, but does not contain any substance interfering with the normal action of neurotransmitters in the brain. Brainfood is raw- and easy-to digest food ; fruits , vegetables sashimi (and other fresh raw animal food) and raw nuts (like unshelled brazil-, -hazel- or -walnuts, not -peanuts), because these foods contain no opioid peptides neither whatever heterocyclic amines causing concentration lapses, apathy, aggression, stress, brain-damage etcetera. Humans have only recently been introduced to starchy carbs recently in the past 2000 years, thats when all the problems started occuring! Yes the brain does need some form of glucose daily, if not this can lead to depression and other disorders, but the keto diet agian is NOT 0 CARBS. You eat 80g a day and its low gi carbs like vegetables, salad, etc. This is not a flame so dont flame me!

CyberGod
02-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Ok tough guy...My reply wasn't suppose to be a "flame", no need to call me Dip****.
Also, I'm planning to try a keto diet during summer, no need to get all defensive. I'm not flaming you, nor the Keto-diet, i just want to inform myself before starting something...nothing wrong with that, I hope.

The reason why I said Brain's fuel is mostly glucose; well I learned it in college and have many books that back it up.

Chill out.

Blindfaith
02-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by kappadonna

Dip****, run a search before u open your trap, 10 to 20% of the brain is composed of cholesterol, containing 40 times more cholesterol than muscles, and 7 to 10 times more than the liver, where cholesterol is produced. Some neurotransmitters in the brain are composed of fatty acids, like oleamide (6), erucamide (7), cis-9,10-Octadecenamide (8) and arachidonic acid (9). Arachidonic acid for example, supports acetylcholine secretion (10), enhancing cognitive abilities. Oleamide helps you fall asleep at night, influencing serotonine-receptors. (11)
Also, fat is the main source of energy for the colon and the heart.
Brainfood is clean, pure food that contains all the nutrients the brain (and the body) needs, but does not contain any substance interfering with the normal action of neurotransmitters in the brain. Brainfood is raw- and easy-to digest food ; fruits , vegetables sashimi (and other fresh raw animal food) and raw nuts (like unshelled brazil-, -hazel- or -walnuts, not -peanuts), because these foods contain no opioid peptides neither whatever heterocyclic amines causing concentration lapses, apathy, aggression, stress, brain-damage etcetera. Humans have only recently been introduced to starchy carbs recently in the past 2000 years, thats when all the problems started occuring! Yes the brain does need some form of glucose daily, if not this can lead to depression and other disorders, but the keto diet agian is NOT 0 CARBS. You eat 80g a day and its low gi carbs like vegetables, salad, etc. This is not a flame so dont flame me!

thanks for the info.....i would like to know the source of your reference if u dont mind!

Blindfaith
02-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by CyberGod

I answered this question in I believe the Nutrition section called "Body for Life" i think....i layed it all out for everyone to read...if u got any ??? about it drop me a PM and i will explain it a bit further!

everyone has their favorite diets that they do for dropping unwanted Bodyfat. dont take it as a flame for the fact that i personally dont like the diet and the reason why i dont like it.....to each his own right??? There are pros and cons to every diet out there....its up to u to find out what works best with your body.....Hell i say try them all...that will be the only way to know for sure which is the right one. Peace!

WHOSYOURDADDY02
02-11-2002, 07:23 PM
I personally think the keto diet is the only one that actually makes sense to me. I always saw it like this...if your body HAS carbs to burn..be it simple or complex...it will always take priority...and if you dont burn that existing intake, then you will not burn fat.... Thus, if you deprive urself of carbs..and supplement extra fat, the body will use fat as a fuel source...
Someone feel free to explain the science to me here.....T

The keto diet , so far, is not unreasonable..im not really hungry at all...i give it a thumbs up....6 more weeks and I will post before and after pics to display results.... I need to do more cardio however :)

Original Poster
02-12-2002, 05:40 AM
Blindfaith,
Points well taking. I respect your timely response. I definately don't agree with you on this one. KETO is great IMO. I definately agree with kappadonna on the brain food thing. Well said Kappadonna. Could you post your source ?

WHOSYOURDADDY02, I agree as you well know.

I think this guy blindfaith, doesn't have all of his facts straight. IMHO (not a flame) Good KETO is not just reading and following the atkins diet. IMHO I think it needs to be tweaked quite a bit to be a healthy longer term, often usable diet. Maybe blindfaith is just referring to Atkins and not really abodybuilder's KETO. I'm not sure hea knows the difference.

PEACE FELLOW KETOer's.

Welcome keto newbies.

Wish education for KETO knockers. (not the female knockers)

kappadonna
02-12-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Chi_town
Blindfaith,
Points well taking. I respect your timely response. I definately don't agree with you on this one. KETO is great IMO. I definately agree with kappadonna on the brain food thing. Well said Kappadonna. Could you post your source ?

WHOSYOURDADDY02, I agree as you well know.

I think this guy blindfaith, doesn't have all of his facts straight. IMHO (not a flame) Good KETO is not just reading and following the atkins diet. IMHO I think it needs to be tweaked quite a bit to be a healthy longer term, often usable diet. Maybe blindfaith is just referring to Atkins and not really abodybuilder's KETO. I'm not sure hea knows the difference.

PEACE FELLOW KETOer's.

Welcome keto newbies.

Wish education for KETO knockers. (not the female knockers)

IMO The atkins diet is quite different from the keto diet! The reason i like the keto is its simplicity as well as you can eat lots of green foods. good Fat, protein, and greens are the foods of 2000 years ago! Breads, cereals, sugar, etc. were just recently introduced to humans and they are what is causing all the health problems in this world! Cavemens diets consisted 95% fat/protein, the other 5% was the rare finds of certain shrubs that grew in the jagged cold rocks.

Edutk
02-14-2002, 07:34 AM
I am a triathlete and I did try the keto. It is not the thing to do for triathlete's or endurance athletes in my opinion. Fat does not burn fast enough to give you the quick energy you need. It is also hard to consume enough calories of protein and fat to fuel me (I require around 4500-6000 calories a day training for a triathlon even though I only weigh 165). Fitnessman helped me a lot which I am very thankful for, but I just couldn't last on the keto. I was "hitting the wall" as soon as I started my cycling or running workouts, which is the last thing a triathlete wants to do. Basically my workouts went to ****. I know this is a bodybuilder board, so this info. doesn't really apply to many of you though. For bodybuilders this is probably a really good diet. Listen to fitnessman especially. He knows his ****.

Kappadonna, about the caveman comment. How many cavemen were ripped? I doubt very many. If they were they did not live long. If they were true predators (which I'm not totally sure they were) they never knew when they would eat again, so they would gorge themselves at one sitting causing them to store fat in case of famine. None of this 6 meals per day stuff. This is how our fat storing metabolism evolved. Also cavemen had an extremely short lifespan.

Original Poster
02-14-2002, 08:23 AM
Edutk,

Your not the first Triathlete that didn't like keto.
Most endurance sport people can't do keto. They need their complex carbs. Oh well. Every diet is not for everyone.

Peace :)