PDA

View Full Version : Lets be reality, the way Blake Griffin is playing will guarantee a major knee injury

Masstastic
03-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah he is an exciting player to watch now but trying to dunk over everyone, trying to do alley oops on every fastbreak, & playing at only 1 speed will eventually hurt him.

Ask Amare, Webber, Kemp, & K-Mart who each eventually destroyed their knees playing such high octane basketball.

Remember Amare Stoudemire played the same way:
ek5UzrP4Ld8

anonymous123
03-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Yup. No doubt his career will be cut short. It's a shame too because the dude has sooooooooooooooo much potential

Be_Easy_25
03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
i know for a fact k-mart's knee problems were because he was carrying too much weight.

but why are you grouping him with power forwards?
all of which, im 90% positive, didnt take care of their body like him.

what about josh smith?
lebron?

similar heights.
similar weights.

Otaman
03-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I gotta agree with OP, too much dunking can be a bad thing too

However, I begin to see Blake playing a lot smarter these days. Settling for jumpers, lay-ups, bank shots

and he is more polished than Amare was when he was a rookie

however look at Dwight, he was a monster and he still keeps dunking every game 3-4 times and he is one of the most injury-free players in the league

Lasers1
03-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I gotta agree with OP, too much dunking can be a bad thing too

However, I begin to see Blake playing a lot smarter these days. Settling for jumpers, lay-ups, bank shots

and he is more polished than Amare was when he was a rookie

however look at Dwight, he was a monster and he still keeps dunking every game 3-4 times and he is one of the most injury-free players in the league

Dwight doesn't try to jump over 3 defenders from >5 feet out on his dunk attempts

Otaman
03-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Dwight doesn't try to jump over 3 defenders from >5 feet out on his dunk attempts

lol wut, Dwight jumps even more than Blake brah. He has way more dunks made this season at age of 25.

Keep in mind all the shots he blocks that are way above the rim, the boards he grabs, the shots he alters.

The guy spends more time in the air then most players on the court.

The key here is constantly staying in shape: gym, yoga, water training, running etc

Lasers1
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
lol wut, Dwight jumps even more than Blake brah. He has way more dunks made this season at age of 25.

Keep in mind all the shots he blocks that are way above the rim, the boards he grabs, the shots he alters.

The guy spends more time in the air then most players on the court.

The key here is constantly staying in shape: gym, yoga, water training, running etc

Yeah, he has his share of dangerous plays. I'm just saying most of his dunks are open/set up by someone else, and he doesn't have to try to jump over defenders like Blake's crazy ass does.

Otaman
03-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, he has his share of dangerous plays. I'm just saying most of his dunks are open/set up by someone else, and he doesn't have to try to jump over defenders like Blake's crazy ass does.

yeah I see what you mean, one day he might come down akwardly on his ankle, knee, elbow etc

hope it doesn't happen though, guy singlehandedly made Clippers interesting

Masstastic
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
yeah I see what you mean, one day he might come down akwardly on his ankle, knee, elbow etc

hope it doesn't happen though, guy singlehandedly made Clippers interesting

Dwight is a power dunker and he isnt trying to go for showtime dunks everytime around the basket. He just slams it down after being set up with a good pass.

Masstastic
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
i know for a fact k-mart's knee problems were because he was carrying too much weight.

what about josh smith?
lebron?

similar heights.
similar weights.

lmfaoooooooo Kenyon Martin was overweight? He has always been in great physical shape.

Webber, Amare, & Kemp were in top notch physical shape and werent overweight before getting hurt. Kemp is the one who got fat actually, Webber & Amare recovered and put together All Star caliber careers after their injuries.

Blake is listed at 6'10 251lbs. Why should I not compare him to guys like Amare & Webber who he had identical height, weight, & physical shape to? Amare was slightly skinnier but more ripped in his muscle definition.

At the same time Josh Smith isnt the same player he was 4 years ago, his athleticism is there but his explosiveness isnt the same.

inb4joindate
03-29-2011, 08:11 PM
lmfaoooooooo Kenyon Martin was overweight? He has always been in great physical shape.

Webber, Amare, & Kemp were in top notch physical shape and werent overweight before getting hurt. Kemp is the one who got fat actually, Webber & Amare recovered and put together All Star caliber careers after their injuries.

Blake is listed at 6'10 251lbs. Why should I not compare him to guys like Amare & Webber who he had identical height, weight, & physical shape to? Amare was slightly skinnier but more ripped in his muscle definition.

At the same time Josh Smith isnt the same player he was 4 years ago, his athleticism is there but his explosiveness isnt the same.

blake is pretty ripped. pretty soon he'll stop trying to dunk on everyone from anywhere on the court, and skying for rebounds and rely more on skill. disappointing either way if he gets hurt. i see no reason he cant do what lebron is doing though (as far as athleticism without injury). amare, webber, and dwight all have much skinnier legs. blakes legs look like they could support 300 lbs

Be_Easy_25
03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Carrying too much weight doesn't mean out of shape.

Lean and looking ripped doesn't mean your core or legs are adequately prepared for a season.

Try again.

sups31
03-29-2011, 09:10 PM

what about josh smith?
lebron?

similar heights.
similar weights.
Because he's a power forward..?

Masstastic
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Carrying too much weight doesn't mean out of shape.

Lean and looking ripped doesn't mean your core or legs are adequately prepared for a season.

Try again.

blake is pretty ripped. pretty soon he'll stop trying to dunk on everyone from anywhere on the court, and skying for rebounds and rely more on skill. disappointing either way if he gets hurt. i see no reason he cant do what lebron is doing though (as far as athleticism without injury). amare, webber, and dwight all have much skinnier legs. blakes legs look like they could support 300 lbs

So we've forgotten he already has suffered a major knee injury before?

Be_Easy_25
03-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Because he's a power forward..?

blake is 6'8" without shoes on.

why cant he be grouped with lebron or josh smith?
guys that are his same height and weight?

my point was that grouping him with ONLY those power forwards helps his case.
but if you add more people of the same height and weight to the discussion it doesnt hold as much water.

isnt that what matters...height, weight and the players being athletic.
not their position right?

problem?

inb4joindate
03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
So we've forgotten he already has suffered a major knee injury before?

good call, completely spaced that. i think most of the issues with his knee were because he tried to come back as fast as he could instead of fixing it completely. i doubt he wouldve missed the whole season if they did surgery on it right away. still, i probably wouldnt have said the same thing if i remembered that.