PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chalk Cakewalk

EMAW
03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Boston U, Illinois, Richmond, then VCU/Florida State en route to the Final Four

I mean JFC

Be_Easy_25
03-20-2011, 10:57 PM
what a tangled web we weave, when we try to get to the final four through sh*tty seeds.

brb_ballin
03-21-2011, 04:35 AM
dont blame kansas.. blame Louisville, Georgetown.. even ND for that egg last night

Florida state's defense could give Kansas problems.

Shinya-Aoki
03-21-2011, 04:47 AM
not our fault the good seeds decided to play like **** and lose.

hatersgonnahate.gif

bbacn123
03-21-2011, 05:31 AM
In b4 FSU/Richmond Elite 8 game

Iczer
03-21-2011, 07:59 AM
mad K-State fan is mad

The tourney is rigged

tmc.
03-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Richmond is one of the 10 best teams in the tournament.

scotyg
03-21-2011, 08:34 AM
mad K-State fan is mad

The tourney is rigged

I'm actually fine with KU doing well in the tourny, i loved KU basketball growing up. i just can't stand their fans.

MT1979
03-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm actually fine with KU doing well in the tourny, i loved KU basketball growing up. i just can't stand their fans.

I have no problem with KU grads. The "fans" that give them a bad name are the douches that think because they went to Johnson County CC and bought a shirt, they can say we. They talk more **** and have never given KU a dime. Just like their football fans from '08. Where are they now? Bandwagon phaggots.

Goomoonryung
03-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Nothing to add so here.

http://www.whatthechrist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/flat_kansas.jpg

EMAW
03-21-2011, 11:29 PM
I have no problem with KU grads. The "fans" that give them a bad name are the douches that think because they went to Johnson County CC and bought a shirt, they can say we. They talk more **** and have never given KU a dime. Just like their football fans from '08. Where are they now? Bandwagon phaggots.

This.

scotyg
03-22-2011, 12:20 AM

very true, with a few exceptions most of the ku students i know are pretty reasonable, my sister and brother-in-law are went there and theyll give me some good natured rubbing about bball and ill do the same for football. the biggest KU fans i know go to JCCC or (more often) KCKCC and its pretty pathetic

MT1979
03-22-2011, 06:07 AM
very true, with a few exceptions most of the ku students i know are pretty reasonable, my sister and brother-in-law are went there and theyll give me some good natured rubbing about bball and ill do the same for football. the biggest KU fans i know go to JCCC or (more often) KCKCC and its pretty pathetic

Exactly. My dad, grandfather, 2 uncles and my aunt went there, but you get busboys at restaurants talking about how KSU will never have the tradition "they" have.

ZMan45
03-22-2011, 07:41 AM
I thought Louisville, Purdue, and Notre Dame was supposed to be the cakewalk.

http://images.memegenerator.net/Trollface-dot-jpeg/File/18799/Trollface-dot-jpeg.jpg (kinda srs)

Iczer
03-22-2011, 08:32 AM
So this turned into rules of being a fan? So it's fair to say in your opinions that if you didn't go to the school you're not allowed to root for them?

matiemcgee123
03-22-2011, 08:33 AM
not our fault the good seeds decided to play like **** and lose.

hatersgonnahate.gif

OSU has the hardest run of the ones, u jelly

scotyg
03-22-2011, 09:07 AM
So this turned into rules of being a fan? So it's fair to say in your opinions that if you didn't go to the school you're not allowed to root for them?

its no problem to root for them, ill even root for them every once in a while, what we're saying is the the people that have never even set foot on campus are bigger homers then people that actually go to the school.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
its no problem to root for them, ill even root for them every once in a while, what we're saying is the the people that have never even set foot on campus are bigger homers then people that actually go to the school.

Yeah, there's douchebags in every fanbase

EMAW
03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, there's douchebags in every fanbase

where did you attend, Iczer?

Gamebreaker3233
03-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Clever title

MT1979
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM

I didn't say that. If you didn't go to school there, don't say we, as you are not and never were a part of the university. I own shirts from and root for multiple college teams, but would never say we when talking about any team, except KSU.

gbkxbb
03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I just don't understand why people become such big fans of a school they never actually attended...I guess maybe if your parents went there and took you to games as a kid or something....I don't think there's a problem watching KU, but how do you become a die hard fan of something by just picking a team?

I didn't like MU until my sister went there, then I also attended and became a big fan...now as an alum I continue to follow...The only other school I even care about watching is OU because I'm now attend grad school there..

ryan36_1
03-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I just don't understand why people become such big fans of a school they never actually attended...I guess maybe if your parents went there and took you to games as a kid or something....I don't think there's a problem watching KU, but how do you become a die hard fan of something by just picking a team?

I didn't like MU until my sister went there, then I also attended and became a big fan...now as an alum I continue to follow...The only other school I even care about watching is OU because I'm now attend grad school there..

Probably because most of us picked a team to root for long before we were in college. Also, most people know that picking a college is kind of a big deal and going to a school only because 'the football team is awsomez' isn't the best decision.

I don't understand how people can become such big fans of NFL/NBA teams when they haven't stepped foot on the field/court

Iczer
03-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Probably because most of us picked a team to root for long before we were in college. Also, most people know that picking a college is kind of a big deal and going to a school only because 'the football team is awsomez' isn't the best decision.

I don't understand how people can become such big fans of NFL/NBA teams when they haven't stepped foot on the field/court

x10000

I grew up in Kansas watching KU play basketball. I don't need to attend college at KU to be a true fan. I'll say we as much as I want b/c contrary to some people's belief, they don't make the rules to being a fan.

gbkxbb
03-22-2011, 01:32 PM

That's my point...how do you just pick a team? So you grew up in Kansas, and you picked KU over K-State because they have a storied basketball program, oh some fan you are...

Growing up, I always enjoyed basketball, but being from Kansas City and having no real ties to any basketball program pro or college, I just used to watch. Sure, each year I might say I want the Bulls to win, or say I want Ohio St because they were in my bracket, but I never went nuts over a team just to pick a team...

Seems an odd way to become a fan...If you went to JCCC, be a fan of JCCC sports. If you went to Benedictine, be a fan of Benedictine sports.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
That's my point...how do you just pick a team? So you grew up in Kansas, and you picked KU over K-State because they have a storied basketball program, oh some fan you are...

Growing up, I always enjoyed basketball, but being from Kansas City and having no real ties to any basketball program pro or college, I just used to watch. Sure, each year I might say I want the Bulls to win, or say I want Ohio St because they were in my bracket, but I never went nuts over a team just to pick a team...

Seems an odd way to become a fan...If you went to JCCC, be a fan of JCCC sports. If you went to Benedictine, be a fan of Benedictine sports.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I lived in Overland Park and Lawrence was a whole 35 miles away from me. So they were what I saw on TV growing up and I've watched them since then and I planned on attending KU until I joined the Marines, so plans changed. Needless to say, I still follow KU basketball, probably more closely than most students\alumni at KU even do.

But pretty much what you're saying is to be a fan of college teams, you have to attend them. If you didn't attend college you're screwed?

Just to make sure, is it ok for me to say I'm a Chiefs fan? Are there some stipulations I should be worried about there too? Like amounts of games I have to attend to be considered a fan, or how many Chiefs t-shirts I own?

EMAW
03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I lived in Overland Park and Lawrence was a whole 35 miles away from me. So they were what I saw on TV growing up and I've watched them since then and I planned on attending KU until I joined the Marines, so plans changed. Needless to say, I still follow KU basketball, probably more closely than most students\alumni at KU even do.

But pretty much what you're saying is to be a fan of college teams, you have to attend them. If you didn't attend college you're screwed?

but what about KU football? You're exactly the kind of fan we're talking about.

EMAW
03-22-2011, 01:51 PM

I think that is the only time Benedictine will ever be called out on a major sports forum lawlz.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 01:55 PM

I thought we were talking about Basketball, wasn't your thread commenting on KU's cakewalk tourney schedule? Am I a bad person b/c I didn't watch the KC Blades b/c I don't enjoy hockey?

I watch KU football, but there's not much to keep up with since Mangino left. There aren't 5 star recruits itching to visit KU to play football.

It's funny that I didn't know K-State had basketball fans before Beasely a few years ago.

But to be perfectly honest, I've never been into college football growing up or now. I really care about it when the draft comes to see players the Chiefs might be interested in.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Are you a fan of K-state womens golf? Equestrian? Rowing? You're a hypocrite.

EMAW
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Are women's golf, equestrian and rowing on tv every time they play? Do they even have tickets to their events?

You and everyone else at JuCo/UMKC/William Jewell claim to be diehard fans and don't give a **** about football.

KC2892
03-22-2011, 02:31 PM
I've always been a K-State fan, my entire family went to KU however. All of my dads side of the family are KU fans as well. I'll cheer for KU every now and then, like right now I wish them the best in the tourney, and I hope they win it as well now that K-State is out :(. I actually do plan on attending K-State too. I always get **** from some of my JCCC friends that are these "we" fans of KU that this thread talks about, the **** gets on my nerves as well. IMO its fine if your a fan, but don't say we as you aren't a part of the school, nor have you ever been.

MT1979
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I thought we were talking about Basketball, wasn't your thread commenting on KU's cakewalk tourney schedule? Am I a bad person b/c I didn't watch the KC Blades b/c I don't enjoy hockey?

I watch KU football, but there's not much to keep up with since Mangino left. There aren't 5 star recruits itching to visit KU to play football.

It's funny that I didn't know K-State had basketball fans before Beasely a few years ago.

But to be perfectly honest, I've never been into college football growing up or now. I really care about it when the draft comes to see players the Chiefs might be interested in.

So, since the football team sucks ass now, you're not a fan. I'd imagine in '08, you thought they were awesome. A real diehard fan here.

This is the kind of douche we were referring to. Wants to pretend he's a part of something, but isn't. Funny that the bandwagon fans who went to juco or less pick KU, an elitist fan base, who makes fun of people like that. Once you've paid tuition and donated money, then you're a part of the university. Until then, you're a wannabe. Plus, they'd make fun of you b/c you live in Missouri.

scotyg
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM

funny you mention that, my sister was on the equestrian team when we she went here and i've been to a couple of their events. so yes I am a fan. i also banged a girl on the equestrian team last year so that made me an even bigger fan.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
So, since the football team sucks ass now, you're not a fan. I'd imagine in '08, you thought they were awesome. A real diehard fan here.

This is the kind of douche we were referring to. Wants to pretend he's a part of something, but isn't. Funny that the bandwagon fans who went to juco or less pick KU, an elitist fan base, who makes fun of people like that. Once you've paid tuition and donated money, then you're a part of the university. Until then, you're a wannabe. Plus, they'd make fun of you b/c you live in Missouri.

I guess you missed the part where I said I've never been into college football? I've always watched ku basketball my whole life and ill say we as much as I want. I know you k-state alumni feel obligated to be fans since you attended k-state but get over it.

Go KU

Did any of you know k-state had a basketball team 5 years ago? Or how about that youve only beaten KU twice on your home court since it opened?

Hater gon hate, jealous ones always envy

EMAW
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I guess you missed the part where I said I've never been into college football? I've always watched ku basketball my whole life and ill say we as much as I want. I know you k-state alumni feel obligated to be fans since you attended k-state but get over it.

Go KU

Did any of you know k-state had a basketball team 5 years ago? Or how about that youve only beaten KU twice on your home court since it opened?

Yes, people did know. Hence the final four appearances. We had a down period, it happens. And the "I dont lyke f00tball" squawk talking point is exactly we you're a ****ty fan. Every bandwagon fan says that.

gbkxbb
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Go KU

My new favorite teams are Auburn, the SF Giants and the GB Packers...its so nice just getting to hand pick the teams I'm a die hard fan of...looool...

scotyg
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM

Go KU

k-state was a basketball school until snyder got here, but then we had a down period and started destroying people in football for a decade or so

MT1979
03-22-2011, 03:25 PM

No. I saw the part where you said you're not a fan anymore b/c they suck.

Keep wishing you were a part of something. Sorry your ACT scores weren't good enough to go to college.

KC2892
03-22-2011, 03:25 PM

Go KU

Bandwagoners gunna bandwagon. Seriously how can you even talk **** if you aren't a part of something? Plz go.

EMAW
03-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Bandwagoners gunna bandwagon. Seriously how can you even talk **** if you aren't a part of something? Plz go.

hey man, those JCCC Crusaders have a salty bball team. Maybe that was the natty title he was talking about?

MT1979
03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
hey man, those JCCC Crusaders have a salty bball team. Maybe that was the natty title he was talking about?
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/cmalone_03/ballin-2.gif

Shinya-Aoki
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm a fan of the KU debate team. I never miss a debate tourney. I'm so loyal

Shinya-Aoki
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
OSU has the hardest run of the ones, u jelly

Why would I be jelly that a team has a higher % of losing than mine?

EMAW
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Why would I be jelly that a team has a higher % of losing than mine?

what are you majoring in at ku?

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh here we go, sorry you are one of the sheep who put yourself in debt to pursue the American dream. I make 65k a year and still have yet to use my GI bill. By your standards you are not American bc you haven't done **** for your country. Keep talking like you've actually done anything.

Go KU

Shinya-Aoki
03-22-2011, 04:04 PM
what are you majoring in at ku?

how to be a CEO 10k/day

MT1979
03-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh here we go, sorry you are one of the sheep who put yourself in debt to pursue the American dream. I make 65k a year and still have yet to use my GI bill. By your standards you are not American bc you haven't done **** for your country. Keep talking like you've actually done anything.

GI KU

No debt. Funny you say sheep, being a KU supporter. My dad and grandfather were in the military, and I played with GI Joe as a kid. So, according to you, I'm a vet. Quick, name the Kansas school that dedicates a day to the military and gives soldiers free football tickets. Hint : not KU.

EMAW
03-22-2011, 04:24 PM

GI KU

65k is going to be my base salary my first year out of college. My whole life has been the American dream.

how to be a CEO 10k/day

aka taking classes at jccc. I went to Aquinas, just up the hill. Beautiful campus isn't it?

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:27 PM
No. I saw the part where you said you're not a fan anymore b/c they suck.

Keep wishing you were a part of something. Sorry your ACT scores weren't good enough to go to college.

I've been a part of more than you'll ever dream of, you can have your K-state almuni status rofl

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
No debt. Funny you say sheep, being a KU supporter. My dad and grandfather were in the military, and I played with GI Joe as a kid. So, according to you, I'm a vet. Quick, name the Kansas school that dedicates a day to the military and gives soldiers free football tickets. Hint : not KU.

Sorry you've still done jack **** to consider yourself a American citizen by your sense of entitlement by attending K-state. Sorry it doesn't work both ways.

Good for K-state, I have nothing against them.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
65k is going to be my base salary my first year out of college. My whole life has been the American dream.

aka taking classes at jccc. I went to Aquinas, just up the hill. Beautiful campus isn't it?

That's what most kids think they're going to be making straight out of college, until they start job hunting. What's your major? But good on you if you manage to do that.

MT1979
03-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I've been a part of more than you'll ever dream of, you can have your K-state almuni status rofl

Part of the select 2.5 million. What are admission requirements?

EMAW
03-22-2011, 04:32 PM
That's what most kids think they're going to be making straight out of college, until they start job hunting. What's your major? But good on you if you manage to do that.

dual majored, finance/accounting. And it's all about who you know.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Part of the select 2.5 million. What are admission requirements?

It doesn't matter, you'll never be a part of it. You'll never have earned the title Marine. I'll take that over your degree.

and lawl at your comment on how hard it is to get into college, especially an instate college? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Btw I scored a 21 on my practice ACT on my junior year, the requirements to get into a public school like K-state or lawl worthy. Not knocking on the school, but acting like you go through some rigorous tests to get in.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:36 PM
dual majored, finance/accounting. And it's all about who you know.

Nice, hope it works out for you. I definately agree on it being about who you know. Having military background is a huge plus and ultimately got me my job today.

MT1979
03-22-2011, 04:39 PM
So, no answer. The point is, don't claim to be something you're not.

Iczer
03-22-2011, 04:42 PM
So, no answer. The point is, don't claim to be something you're not.

I'm a KU fan, you seem very mad over this

MT1979
03-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm a KU fan, you seem very mad over this

I said from the beginning, being a fan is one thing, identifying yourself as part of the university is another. To get the thread back on track, I have no problem with KU having an easy path to the Final 4. They can only play the teams they're given.

Shinya-Aoki
03-22-2011, 04:56 PM

Keep grasping at straws there big guy

MT1979
03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Keep grasping at straws there big guy

Why don't you just answer the question then?

Shinya-Aoki
03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Why don't you just answer the question then?

I did

EMAW
03-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I did

actually, you didn't.

m0neymike
03-25-2011, 06:40 PM
??????????????????????????????????

EMAW
03-25-2011, 08:43 PM
??????????????????????????????????

are you implying that this wasn't a cakewalk game?

Be_Easy_25
03-27-2011, 01:46 PM
what a tangled web we weave, when we try to get to the final four through sh*tty seeds.

LMAO!

everything went better than expected.

JTrain306
03-27-2011, 01:47 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rcqzrUkDL.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w4NIY02U_so/TQuPLHVOXHI/AAAAAAAAA6k/DVhFsrOmwl4/s1600/stan-the-wizard-and-the-magic-mushrooms-ii-j-w-baker.jpg

edit:

LMAO!

everything went better than expected.

Lol I was replying to this post as you bumped it... double wizard

EMAW
03-27-2011, 02:03 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/20fdtuv.gif