PDA

View Full Version : Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, Beckett, Dice-K

Nutella!
03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Two weeks 'till opening day and we already have a rotation penciled in. I'd like to see the Yankees try to confirm five starters today. Fat chance. They're watching Kevin Millwood pitch and checking the waiver wire every day. $210m doesn't go as far as it used to.

When the yanks come to town it'll be the Sox heavy lefty line up vs the yanks heavy lefty line up.

AppleCat
03-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm no baseball expert (nor have I followed it all that closely admittedly), but aren't Beckett and Dice-K nearly guaranteed extended time on the DL? I know this is the case for many pitchers/teams, but I'm just curious. Also, people have said the Yankees are out of it for quite a few years now, but they continue to make the playoffs. Will the Rays falter this year?

Ohhhh, we're both off. Toronto is going to win the AL East :cool:

TexasHeat
03-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Lackey,Beckett,Dice-K are garbage

AmazinJason
03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm no baseball expert (nor have I followed it all that closely admittedly), but aren't Beckett and Dice-K nearly guaranteed extended time on the DL? I know this is the case for many pitchers/teams, but I'm just curious. Also, people have said the Yankees are out of it for quite a few years now, but they continue to make the playoffs. Will the Rays falter this year?

Ohhhh, we're both off. Toronto is going to win the AL East :cool:

i wouldn't say beckett. beckett did get hurt last year, but he's been pretty durable the many years before that. on the other hand, dice k.... is a different story.

btw, let's just say i'm not a firm believer in beckett returning to pre-2010 form.

nugget5
03-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Lackey,Beckett,Dice-K are garbage

lackey yes, the fact you put dicek and beckett in there you = idiot. Beckett is one of the better starters in the league (aside from the top notch) and dice k is a solid #2 anywhere in the league pretty much

ezmac31
03-17-2011, 10:34 AM
oh look, another thread where a redsox fan cant talk about his team without mentioning the yankees..this is new.

dan213
03-17-2011, 10:35 AM
aren't you guys trying to trade dice-k? i wouldn't say uou have your rotation "penciled" in when your trying to trade the back end of it.

Be_Easy_25
JUST TBH.

u made a thread talking about your rotation and brought up the yankees.
i never see yankee fans talking about their team and just randomly allude to Boston for some odd reason.

Im not saying this because i think your mind is diluted with yankee hate. Im saying this because you guys have two championships, you should be trying to better yourself to win nowadays...not just top the yankees.

its not 2003

inb4notfrmboston.
inb4yankee fan...which im not.

JM2412
lackey yes, the fact you put dicek and beckett in there you = idiot. Beckett is one of the better starters in the league (aside from the top notch) and dice k is a solid #2 anywhere in the league pretty much

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/07/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

dan213
and dice k is a solid #2 anywhere in the league pretty much

lolwut?

Huse
03-17-2011, 10:39 AM
oh look, another thread where a redsox fan cant talk about his team without mentioning the yankees..this is new.

JUST TBH.

u made a thread talking about your rotation and brought up the yankees.
i never see yankee fans talking about their team and just randomly allude to Boston for some odd reason.

Im not saying this because i think your mind is diluted with yankee hate. Im saying this because you guys have two championships, you should be trying to better yourself to win nowadays...not just top the yankees.

its not 2003

inb4notfrmboston.
inb4yankee fan...which im not.

oh look boston haters going into a thread and nit pick the OP's post because the yankees are mentioned

and lol @ acting like yankee fans never mention the sox in their posts, you are dumb, like really really dumb

2011 sox al east champs

ya'll mad

brb_ballin
03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Sox fan.. Dice-K's done.. he was good but he's a streaky band aid that you can't depend on.. but at #5 he's a great option.. just don't want his contract..

GetBigyo
03-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Lester: Solid....actually a Red Sox I don't mind, amazing pitcher.

Lackey: lulz...overrated as fukk, trip to DL at least once.

Buchholz: Good season last year but still young so not sure.

Beckett: Postseason aside, most overrated pitcher in baseball, DL bound, high ERA

DiceK: Trip to DL and sucks

Sox rotation= lulz

Huse
03-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Beckett: Postseason aside, most overrated pitcher in baseball, DL bound, high ERA

Sox rotation= lulz
sox rotation and lineup > yanks

GetBigyo
03-17-2011, 10:46 AM
sox rotation and lineup > yanks
Yeah i'll obviously agree with Sox rotation is better but.....when healthy and that is most likely not going to happen.

And lulz at your lineup being better. You lost two stud bats and added two bats. Not much of a change.

Yankees lineup>>>Sux lineup

LostOne287
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Lester's the second best pitcher in the AL and Buccholz is top 10. After that, it's shaky. But with their offense it shouldn't matter, they'll just score more runs than they give up.

brb_ballin
03-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Sox rotation= lulz

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6206429/this-guy-serious.jpg

GetBigyo
03-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Lester's the second best pitcher in the AL and Buccholz is top 10. After that, it's shaky. But with their offense it shouldn't matter, they'll just score more runs than they give up.
notsureifsrs

Felix
CC
Price
Lester/Verlander

brb_ballin
03-17-2011, 10:52 AM
notsureifsrs

Felix
CC
Price
Lester/Verlander

Lester>Price

he's 3rd

ezmac31
03-17-2011, 10:56 AM
oh look boston haters going into a thread and nit pick the OP's post because the yankees are mentioned

and lol @ acting like yankee fans never mention the sox in their posts, you are dumb, like really really dumb

2011 sox al east champs

ya'll mad

its not nitpicking..yanks or yankees is mentioned 3 times in a pretty short OP.

my tigers will be in the playoffs after winning the division. boston will be lucky to get a wildcard.

KenStiffyJr
03-17-2011, 10:57 AM
LOL

your not really bragging about John Lackey and Dice-K are you?

Beckett isnt anything near what he used to be, and besides that the yanks have roughed him up lately.

Did you watch Ivan Nova pitch 6 PERFECT innings yesterday? Freddy Garcia will round out the rotation

CC, AJ, Hughes, Nova, Garcia, COME GET SOME.

I am AMPED for baseball. Glad to see the Sox lineup is loaded tho, should make for some great great games.

LostOne287
03-17-2011, 10:57 AM
notsureifsrs

Felix
Lester
CC
Price

Fixed. I'll give you a tie with CC and Lester but no way Price is better.

JM2412
03-17-2011, 11:05 AM
LOL

your not really bragging about John Lackey and Dice-K are you?

Beckett isnt anything near what he used to be, and besides that the yanks have roughed him up lately.

Did you watch Ivan Nova pitch 6 PERFECT innings yesterday? Freddy Garcia will round out the rotation

CC, AJ, Hughes, Nova, Garcia, COME GET SOME.

I am AMPED for baseball. Glad to see the Sox lineup is loaded tho, should make for some great great games.

WOW, stop the presses!!

milkshow11
03-17-2011, 11:06 AM
As a Red Sox fan the rotation looks like an ace(Lester), a great up and coming pitcher(Buchholz), and then three "has beens"(Beckett,Dice-K,Lackey). I wouldn't say it's an excellent rotation yet, still some question marks.

sups31
03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
lmfao @ op.

furthermore, the yankees lineup isn't filled with lefties, there's 3.

ATownDRock
03-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Lester>Price

he's 3rd

this. Lester is better than price because he's done it for more than one year.

In fact, his winning percentage carried over 240 more innings would be 2nd all time behind Spud Chandler

1. Felix
2. CC
3. Jon Lester
4. Verlander
5. Haren
6. Price
7. Weaver

my top 7 from the AL

iliftpesos
03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Two weeks 'till opening day and we already have a rotation penciled in. I'd like to see the Yankees try to confirm five starters today. Fat chance. They're watching Kevin Millwood pitch and checking the waiver wire every day. $210m doesn't go as far as it used to.

When the yanks come to town it'll be the Sox heavy lefty line up vs the yanks heavy lefty line up.

I'm a boston boy and Sox fan. With that said STFU op. NONE of what you said matters until the end of the season and the playoffs. The season is long as hell and anything can happen not to mention the Sox payroll is skyfukin high too. Plz go.

I just hate stupidity and emotional and illogical fans even if they cheer for the same team as me.

ATownDRock
03-17-2011, 11:22 AM
As a Red Sox fan the rotation looks like an ace(Lester), a great up and coming pitcher(Buchholz), and then three "has beens"(Beckett,Dice-K,Lackey). I wouldn't say it's an excellent rotation yet, still some question marks.

And this. Love Lester (would actually have him 2a/2b with CC), Buchholz has some great promise but the rest of those guys are just meh.

1. Zack Greinke
2. Yovani Gallardo
3. Shaun Marcum
4. Randy Wolf
5. Chris Narveson

I'd say the Brewers have a better rotation than the Red Sox. (no homer)

KenStiffyJr
03-17-2011, 11:35 AM
WOW, stop the presses!!

not implying he is great, just saying if the yanks had to pick 5 starters today, they could. The reason they havent is because the guys competing for the remaining spots (Colon, Buenelos, Garcia, Nova) are all pitching WELL

Nutella!
03-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm a boston boy and Sox fan. With that said STFU op. NONE of what you said matters until the end of the season and the playoffs. The season is long as hell and anything can happen not to mention the Sox payroll is skyfukin high too. Plz go.

I just hate stupidity and emotional and illogical fans even if they cheer for the same team as me.

relax guy. The Sox posted the rotation today so I thought I would share it. When I said penciled in I meant as it's still March. You think I don't realize how long the season is.

lol at everyone getting mad. Did I mention the yankees? yes, i did

bustermac
03-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, Beckett, Dice-K

=

Good, Old, Inconsistent, Injury-risk, Bust

White Sox own the MLB's best rotation:

Mark Buehrle
Edwin Jackson
John Danks
Gavin Floyd
Jake Peavy