PDA

View Full Version : anything wrong with my diet? is it good enough if my only concern is STRENGTH INCREAS

Subfuse
03-16-2011, 10:04 PM
i want to get stronger, gain some mass.. i dont cant if i get fat. .. my diet should be good enough to gain muscle right? since im getting more than enough calories and protein?

Ok here is a sample of my diet today, i am 5 foot 10 and 157 pounds. I am curious how my diet is. I am doing what I need to get my calories in... I dont care about fat gains, I just want to increase my weight and strength, i will worry about cutting later on. Is my diet ok to increase my strength weekly?

This is a sample which is very similar of how i eat on most days..

MEAL 1 -

Cheerios with whole milk, and some grapes, and 3/4 scoop of whey protein powder with orange juice and some sugar added to my cereal... with OPTI MEN multi vitamin.

500 calories, 30 G protein, and i dont count carbs. i dont care, as long as i meet my calorie goal and protein goal at end of day.

MEAL 2 - like 3-4 tablespoons of Olive oil, 1 tilpia , 1.5 cups of white rice, and butter added to my white rice.

total calories is around 700, and about 22 G protein.

MEAL 3 (pre workout) - 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, some grapes, and 2 scoops of jacked.

8 protein and 200 G calories

MEAL 4 (post workout) - 3 scoops of whey protein, and 200 calories worth of dextrose. = 500 calories, and 75 G protein.

MEAL 5 - Weight gainer shake, serious mass... 3 cups of whole milk... 1600 calories and 70 G protein.

TOTAL CALORIES PER DAY
3400-3,500 calories.
180 G of protein
CARBS - I dont know, but its like 400-500 CARBS.
And fats? i have no clue.

Am i cutting myself short? I always do a rep or 2 more per exercise and im gaining weight. So whats the problem with my diet? is there a problem? or only problem is fat gain possibility?

other than that, my diet should be ok to gain strength and weight, right?

and i dont need veggies, i get my vitamins and nutrients from optimin multi vitamin....

i know people who dont even use a multi and have veggies in every meal. and guess what? my multi still has more vitamins than they have per day. so what is the problem? etc.

tanikR32
03-17-2011, 01:21 AM
veggies are good for you, you should have at least one meal with veggies in it...preferably more than one

mike201011
03-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Personally I like to eat my calories but whatever floats your boat is up to you. Diet looks ok but kinda boring imo.

TBU720
03-17-2011, 03:18 AM
i know people who dont even use a multi and have veggies in every meal. and guess what? my multi still has more vitamins than they have per day. so what is the problem? etc.

The problem is that most of those nutrients in your vitamin come out in your piss.

abdees
03-17-2011, 04:10 AM
Be sure to have enough fat in your diet 0.5 to 1.0g per body weight... To ensure hormonal productivitie and good overall health.

adamg8504
03-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Should be adequate enough. I would make sure you are getting enough fat though. If I was your weight/height and eating 3500 kcals/day, I'd be getting at a very MINIMUM, 80 grams of fat every day.