PDA

View Full Version : (reps) Currently doin cut, EC, might be constipated?

Old Man Big
03-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Im about 4 weeks into my cut and all is going smooth except for the bathroom. Is it normal to be constipated on a lower cal/carb diet along with an EC stack? Im trying to get my fiber in with veggies and my morning oatmeal but I dont believe its working too good lol

Any help/ideas?

almightyares
03-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Not sure about the EC, but the low cal and low carb, it pretty much sets you up to be constipated unless you do the right things.

With low carbs, its hard to get sufficient fiber. Make sure you are chowing down on veggies (spinach, green beans, etc), and add in some benefiber or fiber supplement.

How constipated are you btw?

Old Man Big
03-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Not sure about the EC, but the low cal and low carb, it pretty much sets you up to be constipated unless you do the right things.

With low carbs, its hard to get sufficient fiber. Make sure you are chowing down on veggies (spinach, green beans, etc), and add in some benefiber or fiber supplement.

How constipated are you btw?

Not sure if im constipated technically but my bowl movements are certainly not normal or as frequent lately. Mabye once a day and not feeling great nom sayin??

Umm i usually add veggies to 2 to my daily meals and about 40grams of carbs in the morning and thats about it..... too little??

Should I supplement some fiber? Flaxseeds?

reps, thanks brah

BigBert44
03-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Definitely keep eating the veggies and fruit. I would personally look into a fiber supplement like metamucil to help you get that extra fiber in. Drink alot of water aswel.

Newbiewar
03-16-2011, 12:39 AM
I know I'm not regular as it is... but when I'm cutting... twice or three times a week turns into once a week... when the carb up days come, its 3 or 4 times a day...

Old Man Big
03-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Definitely keep eating the veggies and fruit. I would personally look into a fiber supplement like metamucil to help you get that extra fiber in. Drink alot of water aswel.

I think I will, i dont believe I even get 15grams of fiber in a day as it stands right now, hopefully that will help

Thank you, reps

I know I'm not regular as it is... but when I'm cutting... twice or three times a week turns into once a week... when the carb up days come, its 3 or 4 times a day...

Haha! Im glad then im not the only one! Usually im 3x a day because I never cut so this is all new to me.

Thanks, reps

almightyares
03-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Not sure if im constipated technically but my bowl movements are certainly not normal or as frequent lately. Mabye once a day and not feeling great nom sayin??

Umm i usually add veggies to 2 to my daily meals and about 40grams of carbs in the morning and thats about it..... too little??

Should I supplement some fiber? Flaxseeds?

reps, thanks brah

Well, for comparison, yesterday (like any other day) I ate 200g green beans, 100g carrots, and 150g brussel sprouts for my veggies that day. Its a lot of veggies, but it adds a good amount of fiber, and very filling. So if you are adding veggies to your meals, add more lol. I say this because when people say they eat veggies, I find that its like 1/2cup of broccoli and maybe 1/4cup carrots...not much. So add more. BTW, I just bought like 25 bags of green beans from walmart, they are frozen and they were on special for around 85 cents a bag, so check around.

I would get around 20g fiber a day, minimum. I normally get around 28-35 with minimal grains, all veggies and maybe some benefiber.

Old Man Big
03-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Well, for comparison, yesterday (like any other day) I ate 200g green beans, 100g carrots, and 150g brussel sprouts for my veggies that day. Its a lot of veggies, but it adds a good amount of fiber, and very filling. So if you are adding veggies to your meals, add more lol. I say this because when people say they eat veggies, I find that its like 1/2cup of broccoli and maybe 1/4cup carrots...not much. So add more. BTW, I just bought like 25 bags of green beans from walmart, they are frozen and they were on special for around 85 cents a bag, so check around.

I would get around 20g fiber a day, minimum. I normally get around 28-35 with minimal grains, all veggies and maybe some benefiber.

Very informative brother, im going to go stock up on frozen and fresh veggies/fruit this week and add in a fiber supplement once a day to see if that helps.

Which veggies and fruits contain the highest amounts of fiber that would benefit a cut the most?

Also STRONG join date to rep ratio, you should have much higher reps for how helpful you are ( as well as everyone else)

JOE_EDGE
03-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Very informative brother, im going to go stock up on frozen and fresh veggies/fruit this week and add in a fiber supplement once a day to see if that helps.

Which veggies and fruits contain the highest amounts of fiber that would benefit a cut the most?

Also STRONG join date to rep ratio, you should have much higher reps for how helpful you are ( as well as everyone else)

A cup of strawberries will get you about 3 grams of fiber
Half cup of raspberries have over 4 grams per serving.
3 dried figs equal 10 1/2 grams of fiber
One medium apple has 4 grams of fiber in the form of pectin

Hope some of that helps.

oats_addict
03-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Broccoli, spinach and green beans are the most fibrous vegs and I easily eat ~600g a day of them and I still have certain bowel complications. I'm on keto btw.
Just shows your body is using them as fuel as opposed to them being excreted... I think/ hope

everphilski
03-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah, it's not the EC it's the fiber. When I'm cutting I try and eat big leafy salads for lunch (like half a head of lettuce) with whatever toppings fill my macros. Carrots make good snacks. Get in lots of veggies and you'll be more regular.

iversonmourning
03-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Your body primarily uses fiber for aid in digestion, it never uses them for fuel. It's unable to break it down which is how it aids it in the first place. I try and get in 40-50 grams a day to be regular. Anything less I am constipated and anything more I get constipated. I aim for 10 or so of those to be insoluble( usually from kashi go lean) make sure u drink plenty of water btw!

B-ryminD09
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
if you're not already, have a cup of coffe for your c in the morning, and eat more fiber.

insomniac0
03-16-2011, 07:16 AM
I am for 2-3lbs veggies daily when on keto. Keeps me regular lol

Old Man Big
03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the replys,

anyone I havent repped yet, ill get you soon.

thanks

VinGonWrong85
09-01-2011, 02:04 AM
I've been having this problem for days now. Doubled my intake. This sucks.

Schlangemann
09-01-2011, 02:17 AM
metamucil = psyllium husks = actual name of ingredient that you can buy much cheaper in bulk without all the fancy flavouring. I mix some into my protein shake everyday, it already tastes like crap so adding more stuff to it doesn't really matter =\

licorice, dates, prune juice, but mostly lots of vegies (steamed is good) - they are low cal and lots of awesome micros + fiber