PDA

View Full Version : what about your CHEAT DAY !!!!

richiecolgan
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
just wondering whats yous would eat,,

how often would have a cheat day not meal day?

and how many calories youd take in ?

what your goals?
do u believe they are good or bad ,,

just like to see people opinions on this thanks

pros + cons

Shrederator
03-15-2011, 02:30 PM
TBH... after I got on board with IIFYM, every day is a "cheat day."

I never feel the need to binge out on stuff because I always make stuff I want to eat fit into my macros. If it doesn't fit for that particular day... I don't eat it and I'll plan the next day accordingly.

MikeK46
03-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I have a calorie controlled refeed every Saturday where I hit maintenance or slightly above, and allow myself to eat whatever I want that I don't normally consume.

This past Saturday my preworkout meal was a bag of Snyder's Peanut Butter sandwiches with a bag of Flipz chocolate covered pretezels. My postworkout meal was ice cream. I ate peanut butter on french toast sandwiches and whatever else I pleased, cereal soaked in maple syrup, and whatever else I pleased.

PBateman2
03-15-2011, 02:44 PM
I have an all out sushi session followed by a huge ass piece of cheesecake once a week. Comes out to like maybe 2,500-3,000 cals.

I like it. :D

braggable
03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
TBH... after I got on board with IIFYM, every day is a "cheat day."

I never feel the need to binge out on stuff because I always make stuff I want to eat fit into my macros. If it doesn't fit for that particular day... I don't eat it and I'll plan the next day accordingly.

^This.
Except every other Weekend or so the lady and I will go to a Sushi place and I will put down massive amounts. No counting cals (would'nt be a cheat in my book if I counted and fit it in, just my opinion).

I still get my macros filled for that day, but don't count the cheat meal. Probably end up close to 6,000 cals that day. My next day's workout is phenomenal!

braggable
03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I have an all out sushi session followed by a huge ass piece of cheesecake once a week. Comes out to like maybe 2,500-3,000 cals.

I like it. :D

Hahaha, I think we posted the EXACT same answer at the same time, haha.

AlwaysTryin
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
What's with all the cheat day threads??

Shrederator
03-15-2011, 02:57 PM

They got tired of making "When should I eat my carbs" threads.

braggable
03-15-2011, 02:57 PM

No clue... Lent?

[Chocohol Crew] - I ain't even scared.

BLEED TIME KREW - BTK! It's about leaving ego at the door, and blood on the floor (c)

B.S. in Molecular and Cellular Biology
Currently working in Cancer Research

The following users WILL receive reps when I'm off my spread / recharge:
VincentiT, PBateman2, Cumulonimbus, lovingit, waqas11

richiecolgan
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
just wanted to see, what every1 else does,,

i dont cheat often like once a month,, when i do,,
my hole day is fill of crap,, its all or nothing with me :(
thats why i dont cheat often,,

like i would put away 9k calories i say,, i tend to eat pizza ice cream,, and cookies i have bit sweet tooth :(

braggable
03-15-2011, 03:02 PM
like i would put away 9k calories i say,, i tend to eat pizza ice cream,, and cookies i have bit sweet tooth :(

Dude, 9k cals is a good amount.

Care to take the Alpha Challange(c):
You and I will eat 9k cals of food in one day (vid/photos for proof), lol. U down?

BLEED TIME KREW - BTK! It's about leaving ego at the door, and blood on the floor (c)

tygeruppercut
03-15-2011, 03:20 PM
If it fits your macros, EVERYDAY'S A CHEAT DAY!!! :-)

tygeruppercut
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM

You and I will eat 9k cals of food in one day (vid/photos for proof), lol. U down?

9k??? O_o

braggable
03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
9k??? O_o

Haha. Yeah, I just don't know if I can do 9K in my 8 hour feeding window.

What I would seriously like to try soon is doing 2 days worth of cals (around 7.5K) and fast for 24 hours and record any changes seen. I would do it for 2-3 weeks (eat one day, fast 24hrs) and see what the outcome is.

I am all about scientific discovery... And eating a ton of food.

Cnty10
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM

9k cals isnt too bad. Just expensive! That and I'd probably feel like crap the next day now.

The vids/pics for proof would be something to see tho.

braggable
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
9k cals isnt too bad. Just expensive! That and I'd probably feel like crap the next day now.

The vids/pics for proof would be something to see tho.

True, but after writing that I realized that pics/vids of that can be faked way too easily.

richiecolgan
03-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Haha. Yeah, I just don't know if I can do 9K in my 8 hour feeding window.

What I would seriously like to try soon is doing 2 days worth of cals (around 7.5K) and fast for 24 hours and record any changes seen. I would do it for 2-3 weeks (eat one day, fast 24hrs) and see what the outcome is.

I am all about scientific discovery... And eating a ton of food.

haha 9k calories on a cut not great hahah,,,,

but ye last cheat meal this what i ate ,,,not going list times just all the food and portion :)
12 subway cookes,
1 large tub ben and jerrys ,, fairly nuts :) rude not to :)
12 inch pizza
6inch garlic bread both from a takeaway
1 l of fanta( never normal drink fizzy drink)
4 pink glazed donuts
2 large white bread rolls with alot peanut butter,,
1 large bag of chillie dorettos,
protein shake( post workout ha )
1 more roll with peanut butter
packet moltessers large
3 slices brown bread with more peanut butter,, ha
think thats about it

9k challenge with pics sounds intresting :)

AlwaysTryin
03-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I meant the OP's multiple cheat day threads the last 2 days

Rosssi
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
In with the all out sushi session

REALDEAL012
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Had a refeed, that turned into a complete cheat..

I do not know how.. But I had 4 boxes of Cinnamon Harvest Kashi Cereal w/ 2 gallons of Whole Milk at one sitting..

Then had 2 Large Resses Blizzards to wash it down..

Next day = 9 pounds heavier

braggable
03-15-2011, 03:41 PM
haha 9k calories on a cut not great hahah,,,,

but ye last cheat meal this what i ate ,,,not going list times just all the food and portion :)
12 subway cookes,
1 large tub ben and jerrys ,, fairly nuts :) rude not to :)
12 inch pizza
6inch garlic bread both from a takeaway
1 l of fanta( never normal drink fizzy drink)
4 pink glazed donuts
2 large white bread rolls with alot peanut butter,,
1 large bag of chillie dorettos,
protein shake( post workout ha )
1 more roll with peanut butter
packet moltessers large
3 slices brown bread with more peanut butter,, ha
think thats about it

9k challenge with pics sounds intresting :)

Yeah, but Im telling you, I think the "double-up on the cals on one day followed by a 24 hour fast" approach might be key. I honestly think Im gonna do it for a couple of weeks.

I meant the OP's multiple cheat day threads the last 2 days

Haha, who knows. Maybe he's a foodie at heart. I know I am def a fan of grubbing down.

REALDEAL012
03-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, but Im telling you, I think the "double-up on the cals on one day followed by a 24 hour fast" approach might be key. I honestly think Im gonna do it for a couple of weeks.

I is interested..

richiecolgan
03-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Haha, who knows. Maybe he's a foodie at heart. I know I am def a fan of grubbing down.

ye i fasted the day after,, i ate like 500cal i say the day after just felt stuffed from day before,, my work out the day after was unreal,, some strength,, must been from all the carbs,,
its been 3 weeks since last cheat day,, i need another 1,, im tempted 2 drink this week,, as its PADDYS DAY,, and im IRISH :) HAHAHAH

i do think the high amounts of fat and carbs does help,, well i think i like 2 belive it does anyways hahaha,,, its not a good idea 2 have a cheat day after going out drinking night before hand??? like i no they say alcohol shuts down ur testosterone and any food eating in 24 hour turns 2 fat,, this is probably myth

braggable
03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
I is interested..

I might start in April or May if I do this. I will put up a Nutrition Log following my cal intake, strength/weight gain/loss progress, etc. If I do this, I am going to do it right.

REALDEAL012
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I might start in April or May if I do this. I will put up a Nutrition Log following my cal intake, strength/weight gain/loss progress, etc. If I do this, I am going to do it right.

Sounds interesting.. repped for giving me an idea!

richiecolgan
03-15-2011, 03:53 PM

love the commitment,, we should have a thread that we do dates of cheat and there has be pics of all the days food haha

i do remember after last day when i ate 9k cal if not 10k i felt pregnant and soooo sick hah a:(

eyes are bigger then my stomach haha

braggable
03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Sounds interesting.. repped for giving me an idea!

Thats why were here bro!

love the commitment,, we should have a thread that we do dates of cheat and there has be pics of all the days food haha

i do remember after last day when i ate 9k cal if not 10k i felt pregnant and soooo sick hah a:(

eyes are bigger then my stomach haha

There is a thread called "Meals Eating Now" (MEN) that is sort of like that. Check it out.

richiecolgan
03-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Thats why were here bro!

There is a thread called "Meals Eating Now" (MEN) that is sort of like that. Check it out.

ill look it up now,,
never really used the forums before trying get ust 2 it all,,

do any of yous drink on a cheat day ?

i find it hard 2 drink in my mind,, even a cheat day has good to it,, like nutrition and all,, but drinking they say is like drinking lard i believe i heard be4

bilaba70
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
just wondering whats yous would eat,,

how often would have a cheat day not meal day?

and how many calories youd take in ?

what your goals?
do u believe they are good or bad ,,

just like to see people opinions on this thanks

pros + cons

Used to do this (after reading Tomothy Ferris's 'The 4-Hour body') every saturday. I regetted doing this though. Weekly cheatdays stalled my progress a lot. After learning about the IIFYM method, it easier not to succomb to those binge-urges. Intake was approx. 5-7K calories during cheat/bingedays. I was having those days during my cutting-period.

Pro's:
- You get an awesome energyboost (when you're having your next workout)
- You get to eat what you like

Con's:
- It can stall your progress (your effort becomes futile)
- Lots of diarhea
- You indulge in a temporary feast that can put you way off track