PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else stopped watching sportscenter?

squirrell751
03-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I've just about had it with sportscenter, they've really turned on that phaggy time and trolling to the max. Some of their topics are alright but their content is not entertaining anymore. On top of that, with march madness I am not listening to that annoying crap having to hear everyones brackets.

50scent
03-15-2011, 08:10 AM
I never watch Espn this time of year. College baskeball is boring as fuk.

DanzigFTW
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM
lol u guys think you have it bad? try watching canadian sports centre. they will dedicate a whole segment to a 4th line center getting traded for the 8th time in his career. hockey is like crack to them its rediculous. tsn is brutal lol.

squirrell751
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM

This. College football is one thing, college basketball is a whole other thing.

FatWhiteKid
03-15-2011, 09:03 AM
March Madness is awesome.

koh19
03-15-2011, 09:09 AM
lol u guys think you have it bad? try watching canadian sports centre. they will dedicate a whole segment to a 4th line center getting traded for the 8th time in his career. hockey is like crack to them its rediculous. tsn is brutal lol.

Yeah. You guys should watch TSN on trade deadline day, I've never seen anything quite like it. They have 5x more guys as usual, have twenty five hundred segments, analysis on the most trivial facts, guys running around with their blackberrys waiting for the latest rumor, have former coaches, players come in to talk, have talkshows in between trades.

All this is all nice and neat but when you've had the majority of players traded 1 to 5 weeks before, doing all of this for 5 trades or so is weird.

cor030
03-15-2011, 09:23 AM
nah unfortunately I haven't. I have early morning classes so I'm home most of the day and there is nothing on TV. usually have sportscenter on while miscing/doing homework/etc.

I should though, ESPN is for the most part garbage. I have to say though, I am VERY impressed with them not mentioning Favre in weeks/months. First year in a WHILE where there isn't a Favre watch segment on every 10 minutes :D

folly412
03-15-2011, 10:13 AM

So Barry Melrose actually isn't the only hockey person employed by the Worldwide Leader? Mind=blown

Basic_wonder
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
The only time to watch sportscenter is during football season, it is horrible the rest of the year .....

magicmatt
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
about 2 years ago i gave up espn except for watching the actual games. i only listen to local shiit now. occasionally will watch pti or rome but thats it

the local boston guys refer to espn as "the 4 letter network"

rumpsicle
03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
It's usually just background noise for me at school. At home I have MLB and NFL Network so I don't have to watch ESPN.

Murph0408
03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
only espn stuff i watch is baseball tonight sometimes or sunday NFL countdown. i've never really been one of those daily sportscenter guys, just don't care enough about the overall sports world to immerse myself in it that much. i do know plenty of guys who watch it like twice a day but i just don't get it

pedobearu_aware
03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
I stopped watching SportsCenter when they started hiring more female anchors.

eljobber
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
It is a great program to get updated on the major US sports in 1 hour. As far as just reporting scores and highlights, its good. I do not really care for the analysis portion they do, but other than that its useful.

snakehips31
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
i stopped watching once they started showing Dancing with the Stars results.

PumpAndGrow
03-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh man how bad is it gonna be after the nba finals? fuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Masstastic
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Oh man how bad is it gonna be after the nba finals? fuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Its already bad.

They have to cave into the vast minority of Women and promote Womens college basketball.

Most Women dont even care about it.

nugget5
03-15-2011, 12:18 PM

agreed.

dasfeuer
03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
I stopped watching SportsCenter when they started hiring more female anchors.

I like the black chick, she is fine as hell but I don't get why the other ones are on there cause they are all ugly

evilsteve02
03-15-2011, 02:00 PM
I've just about had it with sportscenter, they've really turned on that phaggy time and trolling to the max. Some of their topics are alright but their content is not entertaining anymore. On top of that, with march madness I am not listening to that annoying crap having to hear everyones brackets.

i stopped almost 4 years ago. I am from Akron and i honestly got sick of all the LeBron, yankees vs red sox, Chris Brussard and, mark schlereth not knowing wtf they are talking about.

deeezyyy
03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
espn is on 24/7 in my room idk why