PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know.....

YuMadThough
02-03-2007, 08:22 AM
That eating dairy products with meals reduces the amount of fat your body absorbs?

Tae23
02-03-2007, 09:46 AM
no never knew that where did u read that

YuMadThough
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
See it on a nutrition tv program the other day.

They done an experiment on 2 people, both of them had the same stats and were given the exact same diet for a week except one was given more dairy products to eat daily then the other.

Over a period of a week their poop was sampled daily by a series of lab test to determine how much fat content was in each stool.
At the end of the test the guy who ate lots of dairy foods with his meals ended up having like 7 bars of fat overall collected from his stools and the guy who didnt eat dairy products with his meals had only about 3.
The results concluded that eating dairy products reduce the amount of fat content your body absorbs in the food that you eat and passes more of the fat straight through your digestive tracts into your poop.

Ill try n find somethin on the net about it:-......

Ledfut
02-03-2007, 10:22 AM
uhhhh...wouldn't it make more sense that because one was having more dairy (i.e. more fat) that they would have more fat in their stool? or was the other diet supplemented with an equal amount of non-dairy fat?

corple
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
uhhh i drink alot of milk regardless. but that sounds retarded to me.

YuMadThough
02-03-2007, 10:48 AM
uhhhh...wouldn't it make more sense that because one was having more dairy (i.e. more fat) that they would have more fat in their stool? or was the other diet supplemented with an equal amount of non-dairy fat?

Lol yeah sorry man my bad.

I think it was actually calcium that they was focused on so it may of been calcium supplements or very low fat dairy foods to give the same effect of intaking lots of calcium.

I should of said that intaking lots of calcium reduces the amount of fat your body absorbs:-

'The second proposed mechanism by which calcium may impact body weight is that increased dietary calcium seems to bind more fatty acids in the colon, thereby inhibiting fat absorption.'
- http://japan.medscape.com/viewarticle/504951_4

http://jds.fass.org/cgi/content/abstract/81/8/2173

Its all pretty technical but basicly high calcium levels reduce the amount of fat the body digests so more fat content comes out in your poop

:D

mc4_a
02-03-2007, 12:27 PM
2 people? That's a huge study it must be true.

KryptoKnight
02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah you can't base a fact off of a study dealt with 2 people...

msundi83
02-03-2007, 01:16 PM
i just checked my poop and i have plenty of fat in it. i must be eating enough dairy...wooohooo!

BlueFenix13S
02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I've heard that too. It's the calcium that comes from dairy products, among other foods, so you'd get the same results from taking a calcium supplement. It is true that, in the long run, it blocks some fat from being stored. Just don't interpret that as "Ok, ice cream is dairy, so I'll go have a hot fudge sundae." Any food that contains calcium will produce that effect.