PDA

View Full Version : ITT nfl players that will go bankrupt if their is a lockout

Cheezerman
03-11-2011, 06:24 PM
antonio cromartie is a given, who knows big ben might too.

JBevan
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't have a valid source, but I've heard that a good amount of NFL players live paycheck to paycheck. Might see some foreclosed homes if there's an extended lockout.

Beasly3333
03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
The punters, kickers and quarterbacks will be okay.

AriGhold
03-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Don't have a valid source, but I've heard that a good amount of NFL players live paycheck to paycheck. Might see some foreclosed homes if there's an extended lockout.

yeah i have heard that before.

yes players make a ton of money, but it is a little deceiving. from their huge paycheck their agent takes a cut, their publicist (some players) takes a cut, financial advisor, child support, cleaning lady, supporting friends that tag along everywhere and don't have an education or a job.

now add the extravagant lifestyle and that many average players live outside of their means because they see the superstars on the team with the $200,000 car and $5 million house. also, a lot of players have a home/condo in the city they play in and a larger home where they live when they have time off. these players make a ton but their money is stretched so thin.

ocho cinco would be broke if he didn't play it smart (surprisingly)

he has had two tv shows, has a successful app, and might even get paid for his tweets. he also has endorsements obviously

but he has at least two homes, flies to miami almost every week during the season, and routinely buys dinner for his fans. tonight he took out 100 of his twitter followers for dinner at a seafood restaurant. he does this almost weekly during the football season and all he asks is that the guests leave the tip. he probably has several kids and would be broke if he didn't have money coming in from other sources.

homicidal_misc
03-11-2011, 07:29 PM

that's racist

iamgenus
03-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Some guys piss me off with their comments on twitter. Seems like it's a big joke to them. Bunch of them are laughing about being "unemployed" and having to look for other jobs.

I'm sure if they were making the average salary in the US as opposed to millions of dollars a year they'd be a little more concerned.

And yea, I'm sure there are plenty of guys who don't spend their money wisely but I think most guys are learning from others. I know they have several speakers come in at the combine where guys mention the importance of investing properly and not going crazy with your money.

I don't really side with either NFLPA or the NFL but I do want them to work this sh*t out. It's difficult to feel bad for either the billionaires or the millionaires. I just want my f*cking game back and I don't want my team's season to be f*cked over because with a new HC and a system change it's vital that training camp and all that crap starts on time.

Not to mention not having regular free agency and trading sucks ass.

Get it done phaggots!

Hardcore_D00d
03-11-2011, 07:40 PM
brb living paycheck to paycheck and rich as fuh

AriGhold
03-11-2011, 07:40 PM
And yea, I'm sure there are plenty of guys who don't spend their money wisely but I think most guys are learning from others. I know they have several speakers come in at the combine where guys mention the importance of investing properly and not going crazy with your money.

the problem is that they only started to consider this being an issue at the start of the season. and some guys didn't even worry about a strike until the last few months. even if you curb your spending it is hard to eliminate house payments and child support.

iamgenus
03-11-2011, 07:57 PM
the problem is that they only started to consider this being an issue at the start of the season. and some guys didn't even worry about a strike until the last few months. even if you curb your spending it is hard to eliminate house payments and child support.

I know it may be stereotyping a bit but I'm sure most guys that have to worry about extensive child support payments, most likely aren't that responsible to begin with.

The house payments you're probably right about but considering the average career is like 2-3 years anyone who buys a house so luxurious where they have to have that weekly check to pay for it, is an idiot.

Big7Ben86
03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
cromartie

AriGhold
03-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I know it may be stereotyping a bit but I'm sure most guys that have to worry about extensive child support payments, most likely aren't that responsible to begin with.

The house payments you're probably right about but considering the average career is like 2-3 years anyone who buys a house so luxurious where they have to have that weekly check to pay for it, is an idiot.

i completely agree. i'm only saying that even the teams bringing in guys to speak about financial responsibility, it is a last ditch effort to solve a problem that is way, way bigger.

GPx
03-11-2011, 08:02 PM

that's racist

lol'd

cncman
03-11-2011, 08:02 PM

that's racist

I ****in lold

beaten to it by gpx in the same minute fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Coolface
03-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Not sure about Mike Vick or Vince Young...

joedirt87
03-11-2011, 08:21 PM

The NFLPA has been warning players since the Owners opted out of the contract 3 years ago. This is nothing new that a lockout could be on the horizon, it has only hit players as a reality in the recent months, but they have been told to save for a rainy day for a couple years now. It is their fault if the failed to listen/spend money like it was never going to run out.

Hard to say which players will go bankrupt besides some of the more obvious names due to circumstances like Cromartie. A lot of guys who could go bankrupt are 1 or 2 year guys who just broke into the league and spent most of their income on dumb crap in their rookie season like a house and 3-4 cars. Hard to say without knowing these players.

Masstastic
03-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Not sure about Mike Vick or Vince Young...

Negged.

BeastReturns
03-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Stupid as phuck decision.

captain_marvel
03-11-2011, 08:31 PM
if they go broke they deserve it

I could take the average NFL income, play 3 years and make it stretch a lifetime.

I could take the big name stars salary of only one year and make it stretch a lifetime

Ive known people that made only 40k all their life until retirement and are living comfortable just because they knew how to manage it right

could not care less about NFL f4ggots going broke.

lovebbing
03-11-2011, 08:33 PM

I could take the average NFL income, play 3 years and make it stretch a lifetime.

I could take the big name stars salary of only one year and make it stretch a lifetime

Ive known people that made only 40k all their life until retirement and are living comfortable just because they knew how to manage it right

this x10000

sups31
03-11-2011, 08:52 PM

lmao fukking this

89FoxBody
03-11-2011, 09:11 PM

This times infinity.

Madsen89
03-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Vince Young, Desean Jackson, Randy Moss, James Harrison.

AmazinJason
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Jamarcus Russell... oh wait.

dtbrehm
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Nah, not Randy Moss. He's a pretty chill dude. Just smokes and fishes.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TCdErEO7OCM/Sb-xQfTOgqI/AAAAAAAABJ0/4a4QjT1gWtw/s400/moss.jpg

thebestrbevr21
03-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Why is it automatically assumed that every black person in the NFL has multiple kids? You guys are ridiculous

Madsen89
03-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Why is it automatically assumed that every black person in the NFL has multiple kids? You guys are ridiculous

Actually, we just assume they have terrible financial discipline.

AgRyan
03-11-2011, 11:39 PM
No sympathy for any NFL player that goes broke.

bbacn123
03-12-2011, 12:29 AM
List would be shorter if we started one for players that won't go bankrupt.

SteezeFactory
03-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Wouldn't be surprised of Chris johnson was on the list.

And I hope a lot of these phaggots have to get a real job to pay the bills. Make them a little more thankful for how lucky they are to make $500k a year riding the bench in a job that revolves around catching a fukking ball. Welcome to the real world bitch, I bet that communications degree (for the guys that actually graduated) will get you far, lolz.

jcant
03-12-2011, 02:01 AM

ZpSwaVclOgU

ChefPhalBignuts
03-12-2011, 02:09 AM

Goddell will still probably find a way to fine Harrison still too

FatWhiteKid
03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Goddell will still probably find a way to fine Harrison still too

Lmao