PDA

View Full Version : Did Duke finally produce a good NBA player? (post Luol Deng).

DB791
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4617/gamelog;_ylt=Ah62ERg_vWamfiGNv8nv6WCkvLYF

http://coachk.com/duke-basketball/duke-players-in-the-nba/

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gerald+Henderson+Charlotte+Bobcats+v+Chicago+24oma zMKq7pl.jpg

JackedasFuk
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/J._J._Redick.jpg/220px-J._J._Redick.jpg

Backus24
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
in b4 bacon

WheyneNewton
03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
in b4 bacon

this

JTrain306
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p310/lakers_kb24/LTB%20Needs/Kobe-Duke.jpg

?

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Grant Hill
Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer
Elton Brand
Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Chris Duhon
Corey Maggette
JJ Redick
Luol Deng
Gerald Henderson

Yeah I'd say they have a few you phaggot. Add Nolan Smith to the list next year.

WheyneNewton
03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Grant Hill
Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer
Elton Brand
Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Chris Duhon
JJ Redick
Luol Deng
Gerald Henderson

Yeah I'd say they have a few you phaggot. Add Nolan Smith to the list next year.

y u disrespect Shelden Williams?

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 06:00 PM
y u disrespect Shelden Williams?

Sheldon sucks. I notice I forget Maggette though. brb edit.

JamesGatz83
03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Grant Hill
Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer
Elton Brand
Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Chris Duhon
Corey Maggette
JJ Redick
Luol Deng
Gerald Henderson

I'll give you Boozer, Battier, Grant Hill, Brand, Maggette, and Deng, even though some of them failed to live up to the hype coming out of dook. But Dunleavy, Redick, Henderson, and Duhon are good NBA players? Come on. They're average at best.

cor030
03-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Hendo is legit.

edit - and speaking of the Bobcats, even though the Pacers have lost 4 in a row, the Bobcats weren't able gain any ground for the 8th seed after losing 5 in a row.

thanks MJ for trading the best player on the team away!

efoi
03-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I'll give you Boozer, Battier, Grant Hill, Brand, Maggette, and Deng, even though some of them failed to live up to the hype coming out of dook. But Dunleavy, Redick, Henderson, and Duhon are good NBA players? Come on. They're average at best.

redick is the best player on that list

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Duhon was one of the best PGs in the NBA when the Knicks gave him playing time (11 PPG, 7 APG 2 years ago). It's not his fault he's been relegated back to no playing time with the Magic now.

Same goes for Redick. When the Magic play Redick he does well. Instead the Magic would rather watch Jason Richardson or Gilbert Arenas shoot 4/20 every night instead of playing players who are actually respectable.

Dunleavy averages about 15 PPG. He's one of the more underrated NBA players. If you look at his numbers you'd be surprised. Hell I was even surprised when I saw them a few years ago.

Henderson still has to develop more consistently I was just keeping up on the theme of this thread when I included him on my list.

JamesGatz83
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Duhon was one of the best PGs in the NBA when the Knicks gave him playing time (11 PPG, 7 APG 2 years ago). It's not his fault he's been relegated back to no playing time with the Magic now.

Same goes for Redick. When the Magic play Redick he does well. Instead the Magic would rather watch Jason Richardson or Gilbert Arenas shoot 4/20 every night instead of playing players who are actually respectable.

Dunleavy averages about 15 PPG. He's one of the more underrated NBA players. If you look at his numbers you'd be surprised. Hell I was even surprised when I saw them a few years ago.

Henderson still has to develop more consistently I was just keeping up on the theme of this thread when I included him on my list.

Duhon is god awful. 11 ppg and 7 apg is well below average for a PG. He shoots a terrible percentage from the field and is a below average NBA PG.

Redick is a great shooter, but he's an average NBA player. He is by no means a "good NBA player." Great role player, but not a good player. So many holes in his game.

Dunleavy puts up decent numbers (actually 11 ppg, not 15) for a sh*tbag team. He can't defend or rebound, and is unquestionably a below average NBA SF.

DB791
03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Grant Hill
Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer
Elton Brand
Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Chris Duhon
Corey Maggette
JJ Redick
Luol Deng
Gerald Henderson

I said Henderson is the only good player they have produced since Deng. Its been like 6 years.

Alciza
03-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Do you believe this?

b3rtstare
03-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Bacon, why did you leave Christian Laettner off your list?

Trollface.jpg

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I said Henderson is the only good player they have produced since Deng. Its been like 6 years.

Duhon and JJ Redick?

Do you believe this?

Yes

Bacon, why did you leave Christian Laettner off your list?

Trollface.jpg

I was only listing active players

DB791
03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Duhon and Reddick aren't good

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3855/career;_ylt=AudZGYYTS0KrbOiVnHZTRdsOPaB4
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4139/career;_ylt=AudZGYYTS0KrbOiVnHZTRdtdPaB4

Henderon actually has the potential to be 15-5-5

Hoop_Dreams
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Is this real life?

you're better than this bacon.

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Duhon nearly averaged a double double when he got playing time with the Knicks. Is a PG not supposed to distribute? Duhon is a great PG with great defense.

BilbrahBaggins
03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I'd love to have Battier on my team.

tmc.
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Duhon was one of the best PGs in the NBA when the Knicks gave him playing time (11 PPG, 7 APG 2 years ago).

http://www.seniorark.com/Humor/mouse,%20laughing.gif

Hoop_Dreams
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Duhon nearly averaged a double double when he got playing time with the Knicks. Is a PG not supposed to distribute? Duhon is a great PG with great defense.

11/7 as the starting PG in D'Antoni's system is pretty mediocre. Especially for the 36 minutes a game he was getting. Dude has never been a top 10 PG at any point in his career.

That same system made Felton look like an all-star in NY averaging 17/9 before he was dealt to Denver.

lsiberian
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Battier and Bowen are the only 2 guys I've ever seen lock down Kobe. Battier is IMO the best lock down defender in the league. Unfortunately his team basically got injured all the time.

_Translucency
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM

I respect your opinion as you are often spot on but you have it wrong here. You are using the term great too loosely here. D'Antoni's system was a large factor in those numbers. Duhon is an average PG and a quality bench player.

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Besides, Deng left after the 2004 season. Since then Duke had 2 more years with Redick where they were good and then were pretty mediocre for about 3 years until Henderson, Singler, and Smith all came along. So the fact that Duke produced Henderson, Redick, and Duhon post 2004 isn't really that bad when you think about the fact that they were only good for about 4 of those years. Plus Smith and Singler are still in the program because they stayed until they were seniors.

By this time next year we could be saying post Deng Duke has produced Henderson, Redick, Duhon, Singler, Smith, and Irving.

If you dont agree on Duhon, that's fine, but Redick is a good player. And that would be 5 good players in 7 years by next season.

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Honestly the only player who really tanked since Deng came into the league from Duke has been Josh McRoberts and Sheldon Williams

No one else was expected to be any decent anyway.

DB791
03-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Besides, Deng left after the 2004 season. Since then Duke had 2 more years with Redick where they were good and then were pretty mediocre for about 3 years until Henderson, Singler, and Smith all came along. So the fact that Duke produced Henderson, Redick, and Duhon post 2004 isn't really that bad when you think about the fact that they were only good for about 4 of those years. Plus Smith and Singler are still in the program because they stayed until they were seniors.

By this time next year we could be saying post Deng Duke has produced Henderson, Redick, Duhon, Singler, Smith, and Irving.

If you dont agree on Duhon, that's fine, but Redick is a good player. And that would be 5 good players in 7 years by next season.

Redick as averaging 10-1-1 this year. Why are you calling him a good player?

Singler will not be good in the NBA... there is a reason he stayed til his season year.
I think Nolan Smith has the potential to be good, same with Irving.

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Redick as averaging 10-1-1 this year. Why are you calling him a good player?

Singler will not be good in the NBA... there is a reason he stayed til his season year.
I think Nolan Smith has the potential to be good, same with Irving.

Redick is a good player. He gets like 20 MPG.

Gilbert Arenas gets the averages the same amount of time this year, gets the same amount of points, and people consider him a great player. And JJ actually shoots a decent 44% unlike Arenas who shoots 35%

Sorry but if Redick played a full game like he deserves he'd be averaging 18-20 PPG.

It's easy to hate on Redick because you all dismissed him before giving him a chance. It's unfortunate he's been constrained to a bench player because of the stigma attached to him coming out of college. He really is better than that.

jaySWAG
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM

lol

jaySWAG
03-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Gilbert Arenas gets the averages the same amount of time this year, gets the same amount of points, and people consider him a great player. And JJ actually shoots a decent 44% unlike Arenas who shoots 35%

Sorry but if Redick played a full game like he deserves he'd be averaging 18-20 PPG.

It's easy to hate on Redick because you all dismissed him before giving him a chance. It's unfortunate he's been constrained to a bench player because of the stigma attached to him coming out of college. He really is better than that.

redick is a liablity on defense thats why he only gets 20 mins a game. when your the size of a pg and you cant handle the ball your lucky to even be on a nba roster. if he was 6'6-6'8 he would be a starting sg in the nba

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
redick is a liablity on defense thats why he only gets 20 mins a game. when your the size of a pg and you cant handle the ball your lucky to even be on a nba roster. if he was 6'6-6'8 he would be a starting sg in the nba

Redick is a better defender than Reggie Miller ever was and Reggie was a superstar. Fact is no one wants to give Redick a chance because of the stigma attached to him. That's the truth. That's what it comes down to.

jaySWAG
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Redick is a better defender than Reggie Miller ever was and Reggie was a superstar. Fact is no one wants to give Redick a chance because of the stigma attached to him. That's the truth. That's what it comes down to.

reggie miller is 6'7

thats why i said in my orginal post if he was 6'6 or 6'7 he would be a starting sg in the league

hes too short and he cant beat anybody off the dribble, thats a bad combo

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Ray Allen cant play defense either and he has 1 inch on Redick.

Face it JJ isn't being played because coming out of school he was portrayed as an unathletic white kid from Duke. So no one gives him a chance at being more than a bench player

Alciza
03-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Face it JJ isn't being played because coming out of school he was portrayed as an unathletic white kid from Duke. So no one gives him a chance at being more than a bench player

I like JJ Redick, but he would have to fall into the "perfect" situation for him to be treated as anything more than a role player.

_NEMESIS_
03-09-2011, 10:34 PM
god damn bbacn has been doing a lot of crying here recently...getting worse than TexasHeat...

NumberOneStunna
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Wait until Rivers and Curry come out of the program

thefederalist
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM

LOL Ray Allen is one of the GOAT at that position. he was a top flight sg with glen robinson and he still is. you can't compare the two.

oh, and jj IS unathletic.

7ENU7
03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Grant Hill
Shane Battier
Carlos Boozer
Elton Brand
Corey Maggette
JJ Redick
Luol Deng
Gerald Henderson

fixed

and maggette barely makes this list

bbacn123
03-09-2011, 11:14 PM
god damn bbacn has been doing a lot of crying here recently...getting worse than TexasHeat...

"*Gym/Tanning/Laundry ---> Three concepts to live by "

You're officially a complete phaggot now.

Be_Easy_25
03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Ray Allen cant play defense either

?????????????
wat gives

cooli
03-10-2011, 03:28 AM
What could/ should have been.....
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/dukiecollector/Duke%20Blue%20Devils%20eTopps%20Collection/JayWilliams2002eTopps.jpg

7ENU7
03-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Ray Allen cant play defense

ok son plz stop
he isnt the best defender but he can more than hold his own

drudixon
03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Barring injuries, Grant Hill was good, not great, but good.

p0fell0w
03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p310/lakers_kb24/LTB%20Needs/Kobe-Duke.jpg

?

Wtf is that? Kobe already said in an interview that he would've went to UNC not duke

bbacn123
03-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Wtf is that? Kobe already said in an interview that he would've went to UNC not duke

What? This mother f*cker is delusional. You are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1153901

Often times Duke fans wonder if Kobe Bryant had not gone directly to the NBA out of high school if he “maybe” would have attended Duke and been a part of that team.

“There’s no maybe about it,” Bryant says. “Every time I turn on the TV and see Cameron Indoor Stadium, see everybody in Krzyzewskiville and see the Crazies jumping up in down with the intensity and the building almost shaking, I wonder what it would have been like to play there with Corey [Maggette] and Elton [Brand] and all those guys."

Heracles25
03-10-2011, 11:16 AM
What could/ should have been.....
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/dukiecollector/Duke%20Blue%20Devils%20eTopps%20Collection/JayWilliams2002eTopps.jpg

This!! Hands down the best player ever at Duke(UNC fan here and I love this guy).

p0fell0w
03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
What? This mother f*cker is delusional. You are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1153901

On my mobile so can't link..type "kobe bryant unc" first link. Then u click the si.com that is in the forum post. Kobe bryant says and its quoted that he told coach k he would've been a tarheel.
Phaggot

bbacn123
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
On my mobile so can't link..type "kobe bryant unc" first link. Then u click the si.com that is in the forum post. Kobe bryant says and its quoted that he told coach k he would've been a tarheel.
Phaggot

I saw it. And he's said in many many interviews he would have attended Duke.

You can see the complete and utter confusion this has had on most people because of that statement.

http://dukebasketballreport.net/forums/showthread.php?20257-Guess-Kobe-would-have-gone-to-Carolina

Either way it's been known for some time that he would have gone to Duke. Maybe he was kidding and it got lost in translation in that SI excerpt because there's been countless times he's said he would have gone to Duke, not just once when some reporter asked who he thought would win the NCAA tournament.

At this point I think he's just f*cking with both fan bases. Im sticking with the countless statements that he would have attended Duke as the truth though.

SwagMorris
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I saw it. And he's said in many many interviews he would have attended Duke.

You can see the complete and utter confusion this has had on most people because of that statement.

http://dukebasketballreport.net/forums/showthread.php?20257-Guess-Kobe-would-have-gone-to-Carolina

Either way it's been known for some time that he would have gone to Duke. Maybe he was kidding and it got lost in translation in that SI excerpt because there's been countless times he's said he would have gone to Duke, not just once when some reporter asked who he thought would win the NCAA tournament.

At this point I think he's just f*cking with both fan bases. Im sticking with the countless statements that he would have attended Duke as the truth though.

Who cares where he would have gone. He didn't go to either. I would have gone to UNC if I didn't suck at basketball. My statement has just as much weight as Kobe saying he'd go to UNC or Dook if he went to college.

DB791
03-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Just admit that JJ Redick sucks and lets move on..
You can't honestly think he can average 20ppg in the NBA...

dtbrehm
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM

To be fair, Gilbert was a great scorer before he got injured.
g1nriqX5jsI
Dropped 60 on Kobe that year too.

I agree though that Redick is underrated. He really has improved a lot since Duke.

DCocK
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
lol@ duke players in the NBA

daniel102292
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM

So why would the magic waste a lottery pick on him?

(o)./^\.(o)
03-10-2011, 05:26 PM
So why woud the magic waste a lottery pick on him?

and are basically paying 14 mil for him

bbacn123
03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Who cares where he would have gone. He didn't go to either. I would have gone to UNC if I didn't suck at basketball. My statement has just as much weight as Kobe saying he'd go to UNC or Dook if he went to college.

I know it's very silly to even argue it.

I dont really care where he would have gone. I liked Kobe before I ever heard his comment on Duke anyway.