PDA

View Full Version : Last year it was "D-Wade cant do it alone, get him some help"

imhere4tehlulz
03-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Add LEBRON JAMES. Now its: "Wade and James cant do it alone, get them some help". Really?

You have the 2 best players on the floor night in and night out that you have to depend on your veteran minimum salary making role players to win games? The truth is that the bench is not to blame. Maybe we have to come to the realization that these 2 players cannot play together and win. They're the exact same player. They pound the ball and beat their man off the dribble. Thats what they do best. Now they're on the same team and we expect them to come off screens and make jump shots and get other players involved. Its not working.

Wade and Lebron are gonna go for 60 between both of them on most nights. Factor in Bosh as a 15 point contributor and that only leaves about 15- 20 points to come from the rest of the team. Its gonna be hard for any of those players go get touches with Wade and Lebron dominating the ball like they do.

As crazy as this sounds, entertain me: Who could you get for Lebron or Wade in a trade, and what would the Heat roster look like at that point. Would it be more balanced, and a better overall TEAM if they were to trade one of their superstars?

ChadDawson
03-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Heat first half v magic were unplayable

mcbizkit02
03-09-2011, 07:18 AM
At least the Mike Bibby thing has worked out well.

Bobby1291
03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
The truth is that the bench is not to blame.

Actually they are.

Look at Miami's bench points last night. They were outscored 40-8. So yeah, they don't need starters, they need a decent bench.

Lasers1
03-09-2011, 07:59 AM
No, OP you're wrong

The built-in excuse this year is Coach Spo

(o)./^\.(o)
03-09-2011, 08:02 AM
As much as I despise the Heat and love watching them lose, the fact of the matter is NO two players can win games alone. It's obvious Wade and Lebron are two of probably the top 3 players in the world. They combined for 69 (lol, combined for 69) last night and still lost by 9 points. That's pretty unreal.

They have zero support and zero coaching.

itsame
03-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Lebron + wade = 69pts, 17rb, 13A, 26/41 shooting

Rest of the team = 27 pts, 14rb, 7A, 11/31

If u don't see the problem....

Lasers1
03-09-2011, 08:14 AM

I'm sorry, but when you have 2 Top 5 players on the same team, it shouldn't be hard for them to get the rest of the team easy shots. Lebron and Wade simply aren't doing that, they are going out and playing 1v1 everytime.

GetBigyo
03-09-2011, 08:14 AM
LeBron and Wade don't need each other.

Both of them just need to be the guy and have a solid 2 option.

Ideal situation for both would have been LeBron and Bosh/Amare in NY and Wade and Bosh/Amare in Miami.

itsame
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry, but when you have 2 Top 5 players on the same team, it shouldn't be hard for them to get the rest of the team easy shots. Lebron and Wade simply aren't doing that, they are going out and playing 1v1 everytime.

I guessed you missed the 10 footers Bosh was bricking all night. Or maybe millers multiple wide open 3 misses. Wade and Bron wouldn't have 60% of the teams assists if they werent creating shots. Idont even know why I try in this section, Ppls blind hate and illogical reasonings are out of this world.

Lasers1
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
I guessed you missed the 10 footers Bosh was bricking all night. Or maybe millers multiple wide open 3 misses. Wade and Bron wouldn't have 60% of the teams assists if they werent creating shots. Idont even know why I try in this section, Ppls blind hate and illogical reasonings are out of this world.

I'm not talking about just last night. I'm talking about the entire season. And of course Bron and Wade will have most of the assists, they handle the ball 90% of the time.

dmoneythegoat
03-09-2011, 10:05 AM

They have 60% of the assists because they have the ball 90% of the time.

edit: lol didn't read last post^

_Translucency
03-09-2011, 10:28 AM

You have two guys who need to have the ball in their hand to be effective.

I'm not necessarily blaming it on the bench or the two of them but it's a combination of all factors - lack of touches for the bench and supporting cast, ineffective coaching and lack of a quality offensive system, LeBron and Wade's unwillingness to play off the ball, etc.

It's hard asking a guy like Mike Miller to take five shots a game and be effective when he was used to taking ten or fifteen. You ask Mike Bibby to be a complimentary player when he's been a leader on the floor since his days in college. It takes time to adjust and they thought they were going to get a bunch of pieces, put them together, and waltz to an NBA Championship.

gottk2x
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM
MIKE MILLERRRRR WITH THE 3!!!!!!

jk, he missed.