PDA

View Full Version : G6PD Deficiency

Fitness_Lover
02-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Hi everyone,

As this is the 1st post from me then let me say Hello for every member in this great forum, and I hope that everybody has decided what goals he wanna achieve to achieve them successfully, wishing you all the best luck.

Well, here I have a question about the G6PD Deficiency and when I search in the internet about it I found interesting things made me pose this topic here since I'm suffering from mild G6PD Deficiency.

Some aspects:
1)Deficiency of G6PD in the alternative pathway causes the build up of glucose and thus there is an increase of advanced glycation endproducts (AGE)

2)The deficiency also causes a reduction of NADPH which is necessary for the formation of Nitric Oxide (NO).

3)G6PD deficiency reduces energy available to maintain the integrity of the red cell membrane, which shortens RBC survival.

My questions are:

1) Does G6PD deficiency reduce the efficiency in performing weight training or cardio training?

2) Does it affect the process of building muscles and losing fat?

3) Vitamine C is well known in making muscles not fatigued quickly, So what about taking it prior to the workout by whom suffering from G6PD deficiency?

4) Is drinking green tea can reduce the effect of G6PD deficiency?

Hopefully, somebody would answer these questions clearly.

Best Regards
Fitness_Lover

Fitness_Lover
02-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Is there anyone could answer these questions for me, please?

At least say what you think about this issue?

ali459
02-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Is there anyone could answer these questions for me, please?

At least say what you think about this issue?

Hi,
Just to answer a few things. I suffer with G6PD myself, and find that I hit the wall very quickly. Green tea is full of antioxidants, this helps protect cells from free radicals and prevent cell damage. Pomegranate is another good source and many others. The more antioxidants the better. I found that alkaline water helped alot. Avoid food packed with additives and
e-numbers and eat wheat products, avoid white bread, rice and any heavily processed foods.
I have a book with food recipes if interested.

Al

Joseph1990
02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Looks like a post for the advanced section.

spicyprice
02-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Just read a little about this and so im interested to see what comes of it.

A lot of what I see online doesnt really go into carbohydrate metabolism in how it related to energy.

I take it you are in Fe and Folic acid?

spicyprice
02-19-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16888458

As far as oxidative stress you should be fine but would just need to test your tolerance.

High antioxidant foods are never a bad thing to have in your diet.

Interesting case study of an endurance athlete

http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/cgi/content/full/113/9/2118

All I can really find unless you are symptomatic.

Do you find ourself fatiguing easily during a workout?

ali459
02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
very interesting,
it helps to know

thanks

kkodd
07-09-2012, 04:58 PM
i need any mass gainer that can be used by people who have the G6PD Deficiency, since without any supli it would take years to gain anything.