PDA

View Full Version : No change

UK88
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Alright guys/girls! I've been admiring this forum for a while now and decided in Jan to do something about my weight. I basically topped out at 17st 5lbs in Jan and thought enough is enough. Since then I have reduced my weight to 16st 4lbs. The only problem at the minute is there has been physically no difference in my body shape whatsoever. I look exactly the same now as I did at my heaviest (Jan this year)? I can't understand why there hasn't been a change. I'm by no means looking for the quick route to weight loss and intend to see this out for the long haul but it is slightly discouraging seeing no "physical" difference. I mean I feel better within my self, I feel fitter, feel more alert and have loads of new found energy.

I've cut out all bad foods, no alcohol, fast food, crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks etc etc. I eat a high Fibre cereal for breakfast, Chicken/Turkey/Steak/Fish with boiled potatoes and plenty of veg for lunch, 2 Protein shakes throughout the day (1 before workout, 1 after) and again Chicken/Turkey/Steak with plenty of veg for tea and at least 2L of water a day as well.

I also hit the Gym 3 times a week and lift weights.

Is there any possibility I am doing something wrong? By no means do I expect to see a 6 pack forming within 2 and a half months or anything daft like that, I'm just basically asking for some advice/help/

Cheers guys/girls :)

ppardee
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
If you've dropped 15lbs, your body has changed. The problem is with your body image, not your body. That will take time to change. I've lost 3 inches off my waist since I've started measuring, but I can't SEE a difference.

You're probably on the right track. The content of your diet looks healthy enough, just keep the calories/macros in line and you'll see progress eventually.

Paul

KingBeezi
03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Alright guys/girls! I've been admiring this forum for a while now and decided in Jan to do something about my weight. I basically topped out at 17st 5lbs in Jan and thought enough is enough. Since then I have reduced my weight to 16st 4lbs. The only problem at the minute is there has been physically no difference in my body shape whatsoever. I look exactly the same now as I did at my heaviest (Jan this year)? I can't understand why there hasn't been a change. I'm by no means looking for the quick route to weight loss and intend to see this out for the long haul but it is slightly discouraging seeing no "physical" difference. I mean I feel better within my self, I feel fitter, feel more alert and have loads of new found energy.

I've cut out all bad foods, no alcohol, fast food, crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks etc etc. I eat a high Fibre cereal for breakfast, Chicken/Turkey/Steak/Fish with boiled potatoes and plenty of veg for lunch, 2 Protein shakes throughout the day (1 before workout, 1 after) and again Chicken/Turkey/Steak with plenty of veg for tea and at least 2L of water a day as well.

I also hit the Gym 3 times a week and lift weights.

Is there any possibility I am doing something wrong? By no means do I expect to see a 6 pack forming within 2 and a half months or anything daft like that, I'm just basically asking for some advice/help/

Cheers guys/girls :)

its harder to see progress by looking at yourself. take pictures every 2 weeks for comparisons. how are your clothes fitting? things like that will show you your progress. you see yourself every day, you wont notice the changes by looking in the mirror.

richiep1032
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day bro, if you're already feeling stronger, fitter more energy then sure that Is a positive?

Stay motivated and keep up the good work.

Richie.

UK88
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
If you've dropped 15lbs, your body has changed. The problem is with your body image, not your body. That will take time to change. I've lost 3 inches off my waist since I've started measuring, but I can't SEE a difference.

You're probably on the right track. The content of your diet looks healthy enough, just keep the calories/macros in line and you'll see progress eventually.

Paul

The main reason I ask about not seeing a change is I'm doing the diet with a buddy and we pretty much eat the same, workout the same and started the diet on the same day and the difference is unbelievable. Even in the short space of time he and I can both see a difference. I understand everybody is different though. Congrats on the 3 inch loss aswell mate! Appreciate the input.

its harder to see progress by looking at yourself. take pictures every 2 weeks for comparisons. how are your clothes fitting? things like that will show you your progress. you see yourself every day, you wont notice the changes by looking in the mirror.

My clothes are fitting pretty much the same? Maybe slightly looser. I've always been alot heavier set up top. My waist is a 32-34 inch so I doubt I'll see that change. The pictures thing is a great idea man, I'll def do that.

To be honest, my wife, family friends etc are telling me I look smaller, I just don't know if thats just encouragement though. I mean, the above mentioned aren't going to say "no you're still fat" are they lol? I think the problem is me and I'm letting it get to me too much. I'll def reduce the "mirror time", its just a bit hard not to look in a mirror at the gym lol.

Appreciate all the help and advice. Cheers guys.

UK88
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day bro, if you're already feeling stronger, fitter more energy then sure that Is a positive?

Stay motivated and keep up the good work.

Richie.

Def true mate. Appreciate the support.

Cheers.

UK88
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Any other members got any advice/tips on the diet I'm currently on?

I'm currently sticking to Wave Lengths 3 rules.

terafis
03-08-2011, 07:32 PM
What is wave lengths 3 rules?

If it is -

1. Calculate your maintenance calories per day and eat a 500 kcal deficit
2. Eat 1g protein per lb bodyweight, .4g fat per lb body weight and remaining calories carbs
3. Lift heavy every second day, rest in between, drink a lot of water and get lots of sleep. Cardio is optional but if you do it up your calories to keep the 500 deficit

Then it sounds good

Otherwise not so much

UK88
03-08-2011, 07:34 PM
What is wave lengths 3 rules?

If it is -

1. Calculate your maintenance calories per day and eat a 500 kcal deficit
2. Eat 1g protein per lb bodyweight, .4g fat per lb body weight and remaining calories carbs
3. Lift heavy every second day, rest in between, drink a lot of water and get lots of sleep. Cardio is optional but if you do it up your calories to keep the 500 deficit

Then it sounds good

Otherwise not so much

Pretty much the same.

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
- Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Plus plenty of sleep/water etc..

terafis
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
And fats?

I stalled myself after a couple months from low fat intake, kicked my fats up to ~30% daily macro's and everything started rolling again

Joeycamaro
03-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Your losing weight, which is your goal so just go with it. You probably dumped alot of water weight

UK88
03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah some EFA's.

Thanks for the help guys.

gbone74
03-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Dropping a stone is nothing mate come back at 13/14 stone and tell me you look the same then ill worry for you.

I am same between 15 and 13 stone i change incredibly between 15 and 17.5 you can barely tell apart from subtle differences i even wear the same clothes.

I find it this way going down every pound makes more difference than the one before

Annihilate
03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
first like 10lb will be dropping water weight due to sodium, also dropping the water attached to the high amount of carbs (I am assuming) you used to eat.

Ladislau
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
continue and never stop !