PDA

View Full Version : 310 to 270 in 2 months

heff79
03-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I started this mission to get back to my high school gradution weight of 215 on Jan first and I'm happy to say it going amazing.....I've lost 48 pounds in 60 days....thought id share how I've done it
Diet.....simple all whole foods nothing prcessed period any thing I want as long as its gone from the farm river lake ocean or ranch to my mouth and nowhere in between....with one exception I. Replace one meal a day with a protien shake with organic skim milk.....I ve even had 3 or 4 nights out with the boys and more then a few drinks on those nights but no drinking in between (beer was one of the major food groups for me before I started lol)

Workout........also very simple 6 days a week .....15 min cardio before.....then 1 hr weight training then ten fifteen min cardio after

Results so far.......I've lost 38 pounds and gained a ton of muscle.....my profile pic is me now kinna embarrassed to post before pic let's be honest profile pic is borderline embarrasing

I've started this thread for 2 reasons .....to motivate any obese guys or girls out there to take this journey with me .....second to keep myself honest and motivated .....I'm putting it out there......ill be 215 again......please add advise and comments cause I'm new to this and want to make it happen thanks

A.S.T.09
03-08-2011, 07:10 PM
What kind of weight training program are you doing?

heff79
03-08-2011, 08:13 PM
i weight train everyday no breaks in between....i know body builders will tell you thats a no no but since my goal is to burn calories over all else i dont see the benefit of taking days off.... i just do two muscle groups a day never the same two days in a row but i like to switch up which groups to do together just cause its more fun for me

this week went like this so far
sunday back and biceps
monday triceps and shoulders
today chest and abs
tomarrow legs biceps

another note i dont take long breaks between exercises or sets try to keep my heart rate up a little at least ....put it this way im sweating profusely

i know cardio should be a bigger part but its so boring and it really tough for me at this point 275 is still tough on the joints....p.s doing my first spinning class tomarrow wish me luck

numix
03-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Results so far.......I've lost 38 pounds and gained a ton of muscle.....my profile pic is me now kinna embarrassed to post before pic let's be honest profile pic is borderline embarrasing

Dude, how is that pic embarrassing........ you're 38 lbs lighter than you were two months back!

310 to 270 lbs is amazing in such a short time and at that pace you'll reach your goal before the summer! I think you started worrying about your weight a little too late but hey! at least you're doing something about it and it works. I really wish my dad had your motivation; he's been eating crap for 48 years and he doesn't have enough will power to actually lose weight. Most people struggle with cardio, if anything, but you're the living proof that even 30 minutes a day will bear great results.

Heck, I lost 35 pounds in three months by walking an hour every day. The hardest part is getting off your butt...

Keep up the awesome work, I'm rooting for you! Looking forward to new progress pics.

BrianLy
03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I need to get to something like this! Summer is coming soon and I am 40lbs more then I want to be.

tpxer
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
great progess brotha, keep it goin..

Fatphobia
03-08-2011, 11:34 PM
i weight train everyday no breaks in between....i know body builders will tell you thats a no no but since my goal is to burn calories over all else i dont see the benefit of taking days off.... i just do two muscle groups a day never the same two days in a row but i like to switch up which groups to do together just cause its more fun for me

sunday back and biceps
today chest and abs
tomarrow legs biceps

another note i dont take long breaks between exercises or sets try to keep my heart rate up a little at least ....put it this way im sweating profusely

i know cardio should be a bigger part but its so boring and it really tough for me at this point 275 is still tough on the joints....p.s doing my first spinning class tomarrow wish me luck

you can lift everyday as long as you don't do same muscle groups.

GREAT progress!

ThePinsir
03-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm really happy for your progress, and I'm gonna let you finish, but...

I've lost 38 pounds and gained a ton of muscle.....

no you didn't

Annihilate
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
10lb would be water weight, and you haven't gained lot's of muscle lol, not in 2 month.

A.S.T.09
03-09-2011, 12:39 AM

sunday back and biceps
today chest and abs
tomarrow legs biceps

Do your muscles ever feel sore?

feinburgrl
03-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Great job with your weight lost in 2 months but your secret was the calorie in and out. Everything with slim milk at night and the other stuff had nothing to do with weight lost plus your large size is easy to loss fat at that size.

Keep up the good work.

heff79
03-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the encouragment ......somebody said I havnt gained muscle ....I'm sure you're right but added over inch on arms so I figured that as measure of muscle gain maybe its just muscle tightning up.....can really measure any other part of my body cause there only getting smaller .........

heff79
03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Yes ...at first it was bad but now never more then 24hrs after workout

aeondrift
03-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I started this mission to get back to my high school gradution weight of 215 on Jan first and I'm happy to say it going amazing.....I've lost 48 pounds in 60 days....thought id share how I've done it
Diet.....simple all whole foods nothing prcessed period any thing I want as long as its gone from the farm river lake ocean or ranch to my mouth and nowhere in between....with one exception I. Replace one meal a day with a protien shake with organic skim milk.....I ve even had 3 or 4 nights out with the boys and more then a few drinks on those nights but no drinking in between (beer was one of the major food groups for me before I started lol)

Workout........also very simple 6 days a week .....15 min cardio before.....then 1 hr weight training then ten fifteen min cardio after

I've started this thread for 2 reasons .....to motivate any obese guys or girls out there to take this journey with me .....second to keep myself honest and motivated .....I'm putting it out there......ill be 215 again......please add advise and comments cause I'm new to this and want to make it happen thanks

Keep it up!

I'm working hard myself. I still have a long way to go, but I know I'm getting there.

mochman
03-09-2011, 07:47 AM
will soon be starting a similar workout schedule but possibly with more cardio. ive been off work for two years and have gotten up to a large weight(320) at 6ft6" (age 24). seeing my dads health decline recently its really motivated to get back into the gym. i broke 4 ribs 6 weeks ago which is keeping me out of the gym at this point but i have radically changed my diet just like yourself(no processed CRAP, lots more fruit and veggies, ) i used to eat veg maybe once or twice a week and now its twice a day and doing my best to fit it in even more.

nice to see someone going through a similar situation. GL and keep up the hard work, i hope i can have similar results :)

HL1
03-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Great Job in your weight loss Im doing something similar to you, I want to be around 250 by mid-summer in January i was 310 yesterday was my weigh in an it read 289. Slowly but surely Loosing weight. Good Luck.

numix
03-10-2011, 05:27 AM
So David how did your spinning class go?

heff79
03-10-2011, 06:51 AM
One word wow.......it was tough but I pushed through and considering I had at least 80 pounds on everyone there I did damn good ......I will def do again.....side note I slept like a log

jdies
03-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Great job, stay motivated! Y stop there?
I too lost 18lbs since beginning of feb. It feels great. Started at 217, currently 199. I haven't been under 200 prolly for 3 years. Good luck op

numix
03-10-2011, 07:34 PM
One word wow.......it was tough but I pushed through and considering I had at least 80 pounds on everyone there I did damn good ......I will def do again.....side note I slept like a log

Must be hard eh... to be honest I didn't expect you to get through the entire workout, but that's amazing. I haven't done any spinning class myself but being surrounded by (skinnier) people must help with motivation.

Just be careful and avoid overtraining... I remember doing treadmill workouts nearly everyday for two weeks, and then being so exhausted I couldn't run for an entire week. You're better off going a bit easier than being unable to do cardio/weight lifting for an extended period of time. Make sure you stretch properly otherwise you'll wake up one morning and your legs will feel ****ing sore.

Keep it up! Keep us posted. :p

heff79
03-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Started a boxing class did 6 rounds on the heavy bag ...........started a new weight lifting program sore a **** feel good though.....

Phiman252
03-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Awesome work. I lost about the same amount of weight in the same time. Just keep it going. The scale isn't going to drop as quickly as it was when you first started, but don't let that discourage you!

Keep it up.

heff79
03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Great workout today did back workout I got from this site......killer....ended up with six rounds on the heavy bag........maxed out on the bench put up 255 for the first time since high school football think I could have put up more.......