PDA

View Full Version : fat loss regime but maintain muscle

mmhockey23
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Okay i have a big problem ... ive been building muscle for a while now and now ive been getting some strech marks that really worry me... i know that strech marks are a bodybuilders battle scars but i really dont like them. So now i want to stop lifting and concentrate on fat loss since i have a alot of that and i am pretty sure tahts the cause of the strech marks..

so my question is can someone give me a good cardio regime that focus on fat loss rahter than muscle building? also i want to try to keep the muscle that i worked on for 9 months haha.

stats-
weight 205 lbs
bf- ???
i started lifting even when i had fat on me but i slimmed down quite a bit but i gained weight....

PLEASE HELP ME

Kamapuaa
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry to doubt, but do 16 year olds really get stretch marks from 9 months of working out? If that's really true I'd just learn to live with stretch marks.

rappert
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
leangains.com

mmhockey23
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Sorry to doubt, but do 16 year olds really get stretch marks from 9 months of working out? If that's really true I'd just learn to live with stretch marks.

well from what i researched, teens can get strech marks because of puberty..plus my excessive amount of fat i had on, as well as the muscle i put on contribute to the fact ath i do have strech marks. My marks arent HUGE but they are noticeable now and they are there.

built4tennis
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Try to increase cardio, decrease caloric intake while maintaining 1g protein/1lb lean body mass, and do a full body workout once a week (probably want to break it up into different body parts over 2-3 days).

SideSteal
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Okay i have a big problem ... ive been building muscle for a while now and now ive been getting some strech marks that really worry me...

It's unlikely that you got these from muscle growth IMO.

i know that strech marks are a bodybuilders battle scars but i really dont like them. So now i want to stop lifting and concentrate on fat loss since i have a alot of that and i am pretty sure tahts the cause of the strech marks..

The way you KEEP lean mass on a cut is by LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHTS. Calorie deficit should stop this nasty habit you have of building muscle. Oh, it will also cause you to lose fat.

so my question is can someone give me a good cardio regime that focus on fat loss rahter than muscle building? also i want to try to keep the muscle that i worked on for 9 months haha.

See above answer regarding muscle retention. The best cardio to do is the one you can tolerate doing on a regular basis. Beyond that you are burning calories. Cardio is optional for cutting weight/losing fat, but it has health benefits and it will help you create a caloric deficit.

You need to read this and learn about nutrition. This is vastly more important than what kind of cardio you do.

See here for starters:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Electricheadd
03-07-2011, 03:17 PM

They do big time. I lifted all through high school (I still have our bench press record) and got stretch marks on my biceps and shoulders.

It makes sense, as a 16 year old male you have an excess of testosterone and HGH running through your system..... you could build muscle by falling down the stairs damn near.