PDA

View Full Version : Lost Fat - Stretch mark question

TheAMG
03-06-2011, 09:14 AM
i'm 18 years old, and I've started working out cardio/weight lifting for 2 weeks.

I've noticed i've gotten this stretch mark across my tricep.

Someone suggested to me, at the gym, to use cocoa butter.
He said I can use it on my stretch marks that have been there for years, (have a couple on my stomach from being fat).

after losing most of the fat (but not all) the stretch marks are still there.

is cocoa butter effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks?

thanks.

th3pwn3r
03-06-2011, 10:24 AM
i'm 18 years old, and I've started working out cardio/weight lifting for 2 weeks.

I've noticed i've gotten this stretch mark across my tricep.

Someone suggested to me, at the gym, to use cocoa butter.
He said I can use it on my stretch marks that have been there for years, (have a couple on my stomach from being fat).

after losing most of the fat (but not all) the stretch marks are still there.

is cocoa butter effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks?

thanks.

It MIGHT help. I did it for a few months and it did nothing for me so I just said screw it. You smell terrible and it feels nasty as well. Stretchmarks seem to be part of the game for many of us.

blazeheavy
03-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah bro,

I haven't tried anything to fix them, but I have stretch marks on my biceps and a small spot on the side of my waist.

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it. I'm not planning on losing any sleep over it.

Just know you're not alone!

Report back if the cocoa butter helps you out at all.

Demagogue28
03-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Cocoa butter was debunked and is a myth, not really any way to get rid of stretch marks. From what I hear loose skin doesn't dissappear either..

blazeheavy
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
^^^ Well, that's a bummer!

TheAMG
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Cocoa butter was debunked and is a myth, not really any way to get rid of stretch marks. From what I hear loose skin doesn't dissappear either..

So Cocoa butter doesn't even reduce it? its just a complete and total myth?

Demagogue28
03-06-2011, 01:31 PM

Yep, I'm not even sure surgery can help tbh. If your pale getting a tan might reduce the appearence. Trust me I've been using lotions like mad and my stretch marks are the same. Lost 80lbs been doing it for over a year.

turk75
03-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah I have a few on my body.. tanning really does help to be honest :)

tetels
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
try calling it battle scars,its moore cooler than stretch marks :D

MuirDrill
03-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I use Coca butter it works on the red ones after about 2 weeks you see a difference. White ones are permanent.

gatrapper
03-06-2011, 05:27 PM
There is a laser that dermatologist use that will get rid of them.

BrianLy
03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I also try using coco butter for a while and does not work.

Brent69
03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I feel your pain man I have sooo many stretch marks its like I've been mauled by a cougar. I see it as motivation to fill out the skin with muscle. So I need to have like a 38 inch waist made of abs and obliques, and you need huge biceps. And dermatologists can fix it as well.

Jeshi
03-08-2011, 05:04 AM

Basically the idea behind Cocoa butter is to make your skin moisturized and elasticy. I read to help with stretch marks use your lotions and drink your water. So all in all the only thing you can try to do for them is stay hydrated and moist. . . And even that might not work. You could give it a shot though, not much to lose - and you could get super soft arms.

Justin23454
03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
try mederma
Or rub onions on them :P (jk Mederma is based on an onion extract, but who knows mb It will work lol.)

Cizero
03-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I've battled weight my entire life. I was 285lbs in 8th grade (6'1"). I have stretch marks, and have tried cocoa butter, emu oil, and even my wife's pregnancy "Stretch Mark Lotion".... nothing works.

I'm down to 204lbs and they've lessened A LOT, but they're still there. I think it's kind of like the scratch on the hood of my car. It annoys the heck out of me, but my wife didn't even realize it was there until I pointed it out. I think we're all overly particular about our own flaws, and other people won't notice them as much as we do on ourselves. ...or maybe not. :(