PDA

View Full Version : Funny story when shopping today!

TJB85
03-05-2011, 09:05 AM
To today I went to the store to get cottage cheese, eggs and choc almond milk.

So I was picking out my eggs and a vender for eggo waffles was there handing out samples. She asked this lady if she would like to try it. The lady's response was I don't eat that because I workout!

So in the back of my head I was like hell ya you go girl. She was a bigger girl so I was ever more shocked to hear that.

Now after all this went down I turned around and walked down the potato chip isle and this chick had 5 bags of Doritos!!!

Bring the person I am I had to stop her and question this.

I was able to get her to put the chips back showed her how to read food labels and maybe picked up a Client.

So all in all today's good deed is complete!

desslok
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I usually only buy one bag of Doritos.

Borla118
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
choc almond milk.

aware me

LBsomeIron
03-05-2011, 09:14 AM

So I was picking out my eggs and a vender for eggo waffles was there handing out samples. She asked this lady if she would like to try it. The lady's response was I don't eat that because I workout!

So in the back of my head I was like hell ya you go girl. She was a bigger girl so I was ever more shocked to hear that.

Now after all this went down I turned around and walked down the potato chip isle and this chick had 5 bags of Doritos!!!

I was able to get her to put the chips back showed her how to read food labels and maybe picked up a Client.

Good story - she knows eggos are bad, but wasn't sure about chips?

Something is missing....

BookMonkey
03-05-2011, 09:15 AM
rnOU51nPUo4

Sorry if this was mean, but the number of times I see people at the grocery store do this it makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

spicyprice
03-05-2011, 10:07 AM
After OP left, she returned to chip isle and picked up 5 bags of doritos and threw in a couple bags of ruffles.

Neopragmatist
03-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't eat that because I workout!

who says that? especially to a nice waffle lady giving out samples...

Cumulonimbus
03-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Client? You're a PT...? Oh God.

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 10:31 AM

i agree with you wanting to help but i think letting them know they could indeed have those chips and still lose weight would have been better. IIFYM

stancel
03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe she heard about this story and was just trying to make an excuse as to why not to eat samples.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/shopper-ingested-semen-tainted-yogurt-sample

SEANxALLxDAY
03-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Maybe she heard about this story and was just trying to make an excuse as to why not to eat samples.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/shopper-ingested-semen-tainted-yogurt-sample

thanks buddy now i am never accepting free samples anymore

DDon1996
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM

Yo.... What the hell?

TJB85
03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
aware me

here ya go champ
http://www.iateapie.net/images/brands/almondbreezemilk.jpg

Something is missing....

Always something missing! But still was a strong WTF is this chick thinking...

After OP left, she returned to chip isle and picked up 5 bags of doritos and threw in a couple bags of ruffles.

If she did it is on her I was being kind and trying to give her help if she uses it that is on her not me I fulfilled my part ;)

i agree with you wanting to help but i think letting them know they could indeed have those chips and still lose weight would have been better. IIFYM

I explained to her about calorie counts and that the chips are ok to eat but there are better healthier choices.

I seen that on the news not to long ago that is straight fuked up!

SEANxALLxDAY
03-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Something is missing....

how are they bad. they are delicious

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I explained to her about calorie counts and that the chips are ok to eat but there are better healthier choices .

elaborate on that, what defines something as being a healthier choice?

Neopragmatist
03-05-2011, 12:21 PM

not this $hit again...

TJB85
03-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Not fried covered in sodium/trans fats and saturated fats.

If you want something that is better roll with a baked chip's or go with a favored rice cake.

They are popped low in cals low trans/saturated fats and are more than likly you are going to be able to consider them as a negtive intake on the amount of energy your body is going to spend burning then vs the amount of calories that are inside of that serving of chips or rice cake.

Doritos Nutition Facts Vs Baked Chips & Rice Cake.

Doritos
http://www.coheso.com/nutridata/view_pic.php?fd_name=Nacho_Cheese_Doritos&ma_name=Milios_Sandwiches&serving=1&servingweight=0&servingoz=&servingunits=0&servings_option=serving&serving_vol_type=

Baked Lays
http://www.coheso.com/nutridata/view_pic.php?fd_name=Baked_LayZ9Zs_Chips&ma_name=Milios_Sandwiches&serving=1&servingweight=0&servingoz=&servingunits=0&servings_option=serving&serving_vol_type=

Rice Cake
http://quitehealthy.com/nutrition-facts/food-labels/label198191.gif

You can pick the Doritos all you want but people who are over weight have a problem with portion control so a baked chip or rice cake if they end up going out of control with that bag it is not gonna smash them like eating one hole bag of Doritos.

Even with that being said healthy foods can become unhealthy once someone eats to much of them. But you can always make food work for you. And that is all I was trying to do today was help someone out.

angryguywalking
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM

If had he said fattier, you can make this accusation, but it is common sense that there are healthier foods than others.

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 12:49 PM

If you want something that is better roll with a baked chip's or go with a favored rice cake.

They are popped low in cals low trans/saturated fats and are more than likly you are going to be able to consider them as a negtive intake on the amount of energy your body is going to spend burning then vs the amount of calories that are inside of that serving of chips or rice cake.

Doritos Nutition Facts Vs Baked Chips & Rice Cake.

Doritos
http://www.coheso.com/nutridata/view_pic.php?fd_name=Nacho_Cheese_Doritos&ma_name=Milios_Sandwiches&serving=1&servingweight=0&servingoz=&servingunits=0&servings_option=serving&serving_vol_type=

Baked Lays
http://www.coheso.com/nutridata/view_pic.php?fd_name=Baked_LayZ9Zs_Chips&ma_name=Milios_Sandwiches&serving=1&servingweight=0&servingoz=&servingunits=0&servings_option=serving&serving_vol_type=

Rice Cake
http://quitehealthy.com/nutrition-facts/food-labels/label198191.gif

You can pick the Doritos all you want but people who are over weight have a problem with portion control so a baked chip or rice cake if they end up going out of control with that bag it is not gonna smash them like eating one hole bag of Doritos.

Even with that being said healthy foods can become unhealthy once someone eats to much of them. But you can always make food work for you. And that is all I was trying to do today was help someone out.

you answered nothing all you proved is that chips are not really nutritious but does that make them unhealthy? and or not health promoting "which is the definition of healthy btw" if eaten in moderation when combined with diet and exercise.

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 12:56 PM
If had he said fattier, you can make this accusation, but it is common sense that there are healthier foods than others.

there are more nutritious foods. applying the word healthy to a food means that it health promoting which all foods can be if eaten in moderation

angryguywalking
03-05-2011, 01:00 PM
there are more nutritious foods. applying the word healthy to a food means that it health promoting which all foods can be if eaten in moderation

The nutritious part of foods are what makes them healthy...

ko300zx
03-05-2011, 01:31 PM
you answered nothing all you proved is that chips are not really nutritious but does that make them unhealthy?

Yes lol. A food becomes healthy when it provides necessary nutrients. In other words nutritious.

Doritos provide little when it comes to nutrients. They will do little to promote overall health so it can be said they are perhaps unhealthy.

Kamapuaa
03-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I find the story kind of a non-sequitor. Unless the fat lady just recently came out of a cave, she knew that Doritos are not a health food. It's condescending to assume that fat people are complete idiots who have that little idea how they got large.

I'm sure her reaction to the OP was "ok I'll just go along with this smug jerk telling me what to eat and obvious health facts until he goes away."

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes lol. A food becomes healthy when it provides necessary nutrients. In other words nutritious.

Doritos provide little when it comes to nutrients. They will do little to promote overall health so it can be said they are perhaps unhealthy.

a little of both because they themselves may not contribute much but i believe they can be included in a health promoting diet. I think by bluntly labeling them as unhealthy deters people from them " many eventually binge on them sooner or later" when in reality they just need to eat them in moderation and it avoids all this mental anguish.

ko300zx
03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
a little of both because they themselves may not contribute much but i believe they can be included in a health promoting diet.

This is entirely correct. But the chips themselves do not contribute to the healthiness of the diet. They are "filler." This is what op should have informed the big boned girl of. Not that she had to replace them.

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
This is entirely correct. But the chips themselves do not contribute to the healthiness of the diet. They are "filler." This is what op should have informed the big boned girl of. Not that she had to replace them.

exactly, "big boned" i lol'd hard because that what fat people say to make themselves feel better

dustinh6719
03-05-2011, 02:23 PM
exactly, "big boned" i lol'd hard because that what fat people say to make themselves feel better

Lol. I used to say that when I was a kid. :p

mannydawg
03-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Lol. I used to say that when I was a kid. :p

same here until i eventually realized i needed to stop making excuses and make a change.

GeneralSerpant
03-05-2011, 03:11 PM
..I was able to get her to put the chips back showed her how to read food labels and maybe picked up a Client.

Not since man has created fire...

Sometimes I like to not eat anything to tease my metabolism, and when I throw a little half ounce bag of crap down there, it feels somewhat replenishing. This rejection-of-processed-food feeling I get from my stomach does not seem to happen with steamed vegetables, rice, or protein rich foods so much for some reason. It lets me know my stomach is smarter than I (and possibly others) think it is.

WannaBeATank
03-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Saturated fats aren't really bad..

TJB85
03-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I can't multi quote on my phone.

So here's the deal healthy and nutritious are two different things IMP

Grass is healthy but **** I'm not gonna grind it up and take a shot of it.

Donuts are healthy & nutrious if they are prepared properly...

God is good and beer is great.

This store of mine has turned into a well you can't proved information bs.

So just keep it clear boys and girls have a great Saturday night.

Save a life don't drink and drive!

WannaBeATank
03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I can't multi quote on my phone.

So here's the deal healthy and nutritious are two different things IMP

Grass is healthy but **** I'm not gonna grind it up and take a shot of it.

Saturated fats are not bad!

Donuts are healthy & nutrious if they are prepared properly...

God is good and beer is great.

This store of mine has turned into a well you can't proved information bs.

So just keep it clear boys and girls have a great Saturday night.

Save a life don't drink and drive!

fixed.

kels_88
03-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Repped. Actually made me laugh out loud cause I picture her being spiteful doing it.

ko300zx
03-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Repped. Actually made me laugh out loud cause I picture her being spiteful doing it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/BTL2/ir70o2.gif

GeneralSerpant
03-05-2011, 05:09 PM

I laughed cause it made me think the nutrition lecture just made her more hungry.

spicyprice
03-06-2011, 10:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/BTL2/ir70o2.gif

gif is PERFECT, am stillLOL'ing.

On spread.

franko man
03-06-2011, 10:44 AM

Haha nicely done brah. Hope she doesn't pick up other things that she shouldn't be picking up..