PDA

View Full Version : nutrition before intense cardio

Machampp
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
starting lacrosse monday, I will have it everyday after school, what is the best food to eat before intense cardio? I will be eating it a good 4 hours before the cardio but I normally dont eat anything during school so, what do you reccomend? thanks

Cumulonimbus
03-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Anything that you enjoy that contains a mix of carbohydrates, proteins and moderate fat. Some will argue fat doesn't matter, but personally when I have fat pre workout I tend to get heart burn. I like processed foods pre workout like pop tarts or kids cereal.

Machampp
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Anything that you enjoy that contains a mix of carbohydrates, proteins and moderate fat. Some will argue fat doesn't matter, but personally when I have fat pre workout I tend to get heart burn. I like processed foods pre workout like pop tarts or kids cereal.

ok so it's not really that big of a deal what I eat? so I can have like a turkey and cheese sandwich early in the day then just a gatorade a little before the cardio? I'm not sure if you ever played lacrosse but you have to run a ridiculous amount especially the first week so I just want to be prepared.

Cumulonimbus
03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
ok so it's not really that big of a deal what I eat? so I can have like a turkey and cheese sandwich early in the day then just a gatorade a little before the cardio? I'm not sure if you ever played lacrosse but you have to run a ridiculous amount especially the first week so I just want to be prepared.

Stick with food that you are comfortable with.

mannydawg
03-04-2011, 07:13 PM
starting lacrosse monday, I will have it everyday after school, what is the best food to eat before intense cardio? I will be eating it a good 4 hours before the cardio but I normally dont eat anything during school so, what do you reccomend? thanks

for 4 hours before intense exercise i would say something that relatively high in carbs about 4g per kg at most if it fits your macros that is