PDA

View Full Version : Israeli diplomat resigns "anti-semitism =/= global opinion against occupation"

Judge_Joe_Brown
03-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Foreign Ministry earthquake: A veteran diplomat says he has resigned from his post because he had a hard time defending the policies of Israel's current government, Yedioth Ahronoth reported Wednesday.

Ilan Baruch says he quit because "Israel's foreign policy is wrong," pointing to the Palestinian issue.

Should this trend continue, he warned, Israel will turn into a pariah state and face growing de-legitimization.

Baruch told Israel TV Wednesday that Israel's standing was in danger because of its policies, which he said were "difficult to explain."

"I can no longer honestly represent this government," he said earlier. "As (Foreign Minister) Lieberman was elected by a large public in a legitimate manner, I cannot question him but I don't have to serve him, and therefore I'm quitting."

"I have nothing against Lieberman the person," Baruch added. However, he said he had a problem with the diplomatic messages conveyed by the Jewish state at this time and its dismissal of former understandings pertaining to the Road Map and the Palestinians.

'Don't blame anti-Semitism'

Baruch sent a personal letter to all Foreign Ministry employees Tuesday to explain the motives for his decision.

"Identifying the objection expressed by global public opinion to the occupation policy as anti-Semitic is simplistic, provincial and artificial," he wrote. "Experience shows that this global trend won't change until we normalize our relations with the Palestinians."

A more than 30-year veteran, Baruch resigned a few years before the usual retirement age. His last overseas posting was ambassador to South Africa last year. He quit several months ago. The longtime diplomat lost an eye during the War of Attrition and joined the Foreign Service in 1974.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said it was unusual for a diplomat to criticize the government upon retirement. Officials at Lieberman's office declined to respond to Baruch's comments.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4036889,00.html

Moh7
03-02-2011, 09:04 PM
obviously, he is an anti semite himself

TheRighteous
03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4036889,00.htmlI have a question. I do not object to the notion of creating a Palestinian state, in fact I fully support it and want to see that happen. However, why are we so certain creation of such a state will lead to peace. Based on polling data of Arabs in that region there is widespread hatred of Jews, and a majority have said they do not believe Israel is legitimate even within the 1948 armistice lines.

Blindead
03-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I have a question. I do not object to the notion of creating a Palestinian state, in fact I fully support it and want to see that happen. However, why are we so certain creation of such a state will lead to peace. Based on polling data of Arabs in that region there is widespread hatred of Jews, and a majority have said they do not believe Israel is legitimate even within the 1948 armistice lines.

The difference is that Israel would re-gain the support of the Western world, which is worth a lot more than the support of the Arab world.

TheNewbie
03-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Trust OP and retards like him to dig the most idiotic stories coming out of Israel and make it look like this is reality. There are extremists, and morons everywhere, including Israel, one person doing something proves what? What about the hundreds of thousands doing the exact opposite?

Fuk off OP you dumb fuken troll, on every anti Israeli post I can see your stinking name.

TheDonJuana
03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
He is a traitor to Israel and an Anti-Semite bastard, anyone who disagrees with the policies of Israel and the actions of the Jewish people is an Anti-semite and deserves to be tried in the court of law for supporting The Nazis and Al-Qaeda

Blindead
03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Not supporting Israeli foreign policy = extremist? Lmao.

.horizons.
03-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Trust OP and retards like him to dig the most idiotic stories coming out of Israel and make it look like this is reality. There are extremists, and morons everywhere, including Israel, one person doing something proves what? What about the hundreds of thousands doing the exact opposite?

Fuk off OP you dumb fuken troll, on every anti Israeli post I can see your stinking name.

http://pawsru.org/fc/src/fc85535_oh_he_mad.jpg

TheNewbie
03-03-2011, 12:13 AM
^^^ Not mad, but definitely upset by the amount of crap coming out of some of you Muslims and pro Muslims (blindead and variants) on this place.

You always take the case of "1 Israeli did this" and "one jew did that" and you think it proves something, while every time not one but hundreds of Muslims commit terrorist acts you whine here claiming they don't represent everyone else blah blah blah..
Your hypocrisy, lies, twisting of reality, and support of terrorism is starting to get to me, yes.

I seriously hope that we cannot conclude about an entire group from just observing a couple, because if we can, judging by Muslims here, then every Muslim has to be a terrorist supporter moron, who's every other word is a lie. I'm really trying to hard to remind myself that you phaggots are not the best representation for Muslims, I really want to believe you're not.

ShoulderRoll
03-03-2011, 06:26 AM
^^^ Not mad, but definitely upset by the amount of crap coming out of some of you Muslims and pro Muslims (blindead and variants) on this place.

You always take the case of "1 Israeli did this" and "one jew did that" and you think it proves something, while every time not one but hundreds of Muslims commit terrorist acts you whine here claiming they don't represent everyone else blah blah blah..
Your hypocrisy, lies, twisting of reality, and support of terrorism is starting to get to me, yes.

I seriously hope that we cannot conclude about an entire group from just observing a couple, because if we can, judging by Muslims here, then every Muslim has to be a terrorist supporter moron, who's every other word is a lie. I'm really trying to hard to remind myself that you phaggots are not the best representation for Muslims, I really want to believe you're not.

Are you posting this in the wrong thread or something?

I literally do not understand how this rant relates to the news story he posted. You think he is trying to make people believe every Jew is anti-Israeli foreign policy?

makavelli1988
03-03-2011, 06:37 AM

So then you must believe that an Iranian or a Libyan diplomat defecting or resigning is of no importance either, right?

kate00
03-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Obvious self hating jew

Tanking
03-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Forgot what thread this post was from but:

Nowadays, people who are labelled as 'anti-semites' aren't people who hate the Jews, it's people who the Jews hate

cphustla
03-03-2011, 07:11 AM

lettuce be real tea, Israel isnt a legit state... the whole of Europe hated them from the 20's-50's now the Arabs do.. must suck being a jew.

Judge_Joe_Brown
03-03-2011, 07:20 AM

I'm not Muslim, and nowhere in your rambling, incoherent paragraphs did you make any sense.

I next to never neg on R&P in your case I'm going to make an exception, from now, until further notice I will neg you every time I can, your trolling has gone too wild. I can take debating, but plane sh!t on every post is too much.

How is this trolling? Jesus Christ, you're really thick. Srs though, you quite possibly are the dumbest poster on here.

Also, a customary:

U mad?

Moh7
03-03-2011, 07:40 AM

5hfYJsQAhl0

heyyoudvd
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
It's always funny when people latch onto Jewish Israel-bashers and use them as an excuse to say "If even a Jew is attacking Israel, it MUST be a terrible country!"

I don't know about this man in particular but self-hating and/or idiotic, self-defeating Jews are not a new phenomenon. They existed 2000 year ago during the Roman times, they existed during the Spanish Inquisition (the Conversos), they existed in Nazi Germany (the Judenrat), and they exist today (Goldstone, Finkelstein, Chomsky etc...)

The fact that people love to scour the earth to find these people and plaster their idiotic views all over the media just goes to that for some reason, self-hating Jews are adored. People use them as a means to do two things simultaneously: A) it helps to justify this irrational widespread hatred of Israel, and B) it is a great way for bigots to disguise their true beliefs by saying "Hey, I support this Jewish guy, so I can't possibly be anti-Semitic!"

The point is that just because a statement about Israel comes from a Jew doesn't make the statement any less incorrect or stupid.

Judge_Joe_Brown
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Goldstone and Chomsky are anti Semitic? Err yeah pls go.

1devil
03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4036889,00.html

I generally agree with his observations. However, the extremist elements on the other side need to be held to account as well. The extremists on both sides are currently running the show.

heyyoudvd
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Goldstone and Chomsky are anti Semitic? Err yeah pls go.

Considering the fact that the Goldstone Report is quite possibly the single biggest Jewish blood libel of our generation, of course. Richard Goldstone authored a modern day Protocols of the Elders of Zion, so if the shoe fits...

As far as Chomsky, that man the grand daddy of spreading filth that the anti-Semites of the world just gobble up. Whether Chomsky does it with malicious intent or whether he's merely a useful idiot governed by ideology is irrelevant; the fact of the matter is that he is responsible for disseminating more false trash for the anti-Semites of the world to latch onto than anyone else alive today.

Oh, and of course there's the fact that Chomsky has expressed strong support for both Norman Finkelstein and Robert Faurisson, two known anti-Semites.

Judge_Joe_Brown
03-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I generally agree with his observations. However, the extremist elements on the other side need to be held to account as well. The extremists on both sides are currently running the show.

Hey I agree 100%.

LostInTheKHole
03-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh, and of course there's the fact that Chomsky has expressed strong support for both Norman Finkelstein and Robert Faurisson, two known anti-Semites.

Err yes, Finkelstein is a known anti-Semite even though he is the children of Holocaust survivors....derp

heyyoudvd
03-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Err yes, Finkelstein is a known anti-Semite even though he is the children of Holocaust survivors....derp
What does one have to do with the other? Those points are not in any way mutually exclusive.

Besides, that just goes to prove how psychological deranged the man is. His parents survived the horrors of Majdanek and Auschwitz, yet he has made it his life's work to preach Holocaust denial and to promote organizations that strive to bring about a second Holocaust.

It truly is remarkable that a man, whose parents survived such atrocities can make it his life's goal to go around calling Holocaust survivors "liars", and it's even more remarkable how he can explicitly support and promote an organization like Hezbollah, whose leader has gone on record saying that he wants the Jews of the world to gather in Israel so he can commit genocide on them more easily.

Finkelstein has serious psychologically issues. There's a reason why he's an absolute laughing stock within the intellectual community. Every major book review essentially refers to his work as unsubstantiated extremist trash, and he couldn't even get tenure at the crappy college at which he taught. The only people who support the man are ideological extremists and anti-Semites. So yes, Norman Finkelstein is a nutjob, an anti-Semite, and a disgusting human being.