PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker is guilty of negligent homicide

catmando
02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
If the Buck Stops at the Top, Scott Walker is Responsible for the Death of 15-year-old Jared Kellner
Submitted by MARK KARLIN, BUZZFLASH EDITOR FOR TRUTHOUT

It was June of 2010 and Jerald Kellner, 15-years-old, was on his way to Miwaukee's "Summerfest" when he was killed by a slab of falling concrete in a parking garage poorly maintained by Milwaukee County.

Scott Walker, then the long-term chief executive of Milwaukee County, indignantly denied that he was responsible for not maintaining the safety of county buildings. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "County Executive Scott Walker said he knew of no report that would suggest the O’Donnell ramp [parking garage] suffered from deferred maintenance."

But it would appear highly unlikely that Walker was not aware that he was trying to prove himself a loyal Koch brothers acolyte by insufficiently managing and funding basic services, such as county building maintenance, that might have saved the life of Jared Kellner.

According to "The Daily Reporter," a Wisconsin paper that covers the construction industry, an October 2010 report by the Milwaukee County Department of Audit, the county, under Walker, was not systematically overseeing the maintenance of county buildings and property:

A report released Monday by the Milwaukee County Department of Audit revealed what everyone long suspected: Milwaukee [County's] public structures are in disrepair.

There is more than $193 million in necessary repairs needed on 521 Milwaukee County buildings inspected. Nearly one-quarter of the reported deficiencies are “currently critical,” which means structures pose an immediate safety risk, fail to comply with the American with Disabilities Act, or are deteriorating altogether — and, in some cases, all of the above.

Hundreds of immediate public safety hazards were identified, totaling $5.5 million in repairs. The report suggests a large portion of particularly critical repairs be addressed within a year, but those structures deemed most vulnerable should be county officials’ first priority.

The report blames spending cutbacks and a disorganized building inspection system for the poor conditions of county buildings.

Of the neglect of public safety under the Walker Milwaukee County Administration, the Milwaukee County Audit director was frank:

Jerry Heer, Milwaukee County audit director, said this suggests the county maintenance duties fell behind, and officials attempted to toss money at problems once deficiencies became too large to ignore.

“We don’t really do preventative maintenance,” Heer said. “We wait till things are really bad and need major repairs.” (Bolded by BuzzFlash at Truthout.)

In a recent BuzzFlash at Truthout article, we noted that Walker has appointed his former county chief of staff, who oversaw the staff responsible for Milwaukee county buildings and property on a day to day basis, the person in charge of state buildings, licensing of amusement parks, state property and the public safety of Wisconsin residents.

The man appointed to this state position is named Tom Nardelli, 66, and is currently receiving two taxpayer funded pensions, and is on his way to two more for a total of four. But that relates to Walker's hypocrisy in allowing unlimited taxpayer pensions for his cronies, while trying to crush the pensions of the public unions.

The actual possible threat posed by Nardelli's overseeing a large staff responsible for state building and safety codes is his performance of letting hazardous conditions remain unrepaired in Milwaukee County buildings, according to "The Daily Reporter."

In terms of this aspect of the Walker/Nardelli symbiotic relationship, it's not just hypocrisy at work; this is managerial neglect -- under the guise of saving taxpayer dollars -- that could be deadly to the citizens of Wisconsin.

http://blog.buzzflash.com/node/12411

nutsy54
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
In your non-stop quest to establish that you are nothing more than hate-filled, partisan hack scum: Congratulations, you have succeeded. Again.

MonkeyC
02-27-2011, 05:25 PM
what does this have to do with scott walker? i don't like the guy but it's not his job to survey buildings for structural damage.

Mtguy8787
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
by a continuation of this logic, President Obama, as the executive of the country, is responsible for all accidents related to government workers, just as Walker is supposedly responsible for this. As the commander in chief, he is responsible for any say, friendly fire incident.

HELIX35
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I always knew you were a mentally retarded troll but jesus, you have really topped yourself this time.

Mtguy8787
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM
how did the OP get green again? It just doesnt look right.

Shaymin
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
how did the OP get green again? It just doesnt look right.

I think some of the mods like to troll us & rep people who aren't mentally stable. (srs)

HELIX35
02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
I think some of the mods like to troll us & rep people who aren't mentally stable. (srs)

Considering the multiple times AI/kailuani found his way into the green, I would say you are correct

catmando
02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
I think some of the mods like to troll us & rep people who aren't mentally stable. (srs)You're a srs sh!thead.

catmando
02-27-2011, 08:04 PM
what does this have to do with scott walker? i don't like the guy but it's not his job to survey buildings for structural damage.I thought it was pretty clear that under Walker's watch as Milwaukee County Chief Executive, he was responsible for road and building maintenance which was purposely not done, therefore he was responsible for the failure of the piece of concrete that fell and killed Jared Kellner.

Rdez
02-27-2011, 08:07 PM
If the Teachers weren't paid so much, then there would have been enough money to make the building repairs, so therefore by your logic, the teachers are an accessory to the crime.

Enso
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
If the Teachers weren't paid so much, then there would have been enough money to make the building repairs, so therefore by your logic, the teachers are an accessory to the crime.

Meh, teachers are not paid allot at all for the job they do, and the shyt they have to put up with. I don't care if insurance and whatever is added to the total salary and it 'looks' like allot, fact is....teaching is the most crapped on underappreciated job in society. My father was a teacher, so I know first hand from him how hard it is talking to yourself all day, and how hard it can be to make ends meet on a teacher's salary. Yeah, it's always the teachers fault and never the students who are so willing to learn...so let's make life as miserable as we can for them.

Rdez
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Meh, teachers are not paid allot at all for the job they do, and the shyt they have to put up with. I don't care if insurance and whatever is added to the total salary and it 'looks' like allot, fact is....teaching is the most crapped on underappreciated job in society. My father was a teacher, so I know first hand from him how hard it is talking to yourself all day, and how hard it can be to make ends meet on a teacher's salary. Yeah, it's always the teachers fault and never the students who are so willing to learn...so let's make life as miserable as we can for them.

You realize I was making fun of the OP, right ?

r0gue6
02-27-2011, 08:28 PM
lol @ the logic in the OP.

On another note, I knew a guy that had a brick fall 3 stories onto his head while a county building was being renovated.

He was knocked unconscious, and woke up 3 years later....he now never has to work in his life, he's a rich bitch.

Scuba19
02-27-2011, 08:30 PM

Just one thing, who forces people to become teachers? If you don't like the pay/benefits, then don't become a teacher, and if you already are, then change careers.

nutsy54
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, since this thread has become the crown jewel for highlighting the OP's partisan insanity, seems like an appropriate place to discuss his latest signature block...

Instead of concentrating on creating jobs, the Weeping Orange Man is on a fundraising tour for Republicans on golf courses in Florida.So, after four years of utterly failed Democrat policies - and with Democrats still firmly in control of the Senate and Oval Office... It falls on the Republicans to fix all those failures? The House has passed their legislation for the Continuing Resolution - where's Harry Reid? Hell, where was Nancy Pelosi, last summer, when the 2011 budget should have been completed? It seems that if Pelosi/Reid/Obama had done their job 6+ months ago, we wouldn't be in the middle of yet another, frantic, last-minute scramble of uncertainty & fiscal games...

The Republican economic plan: privatize profits socialize losses.Bizarre that Cat forgets TARP, Bailouts, and the Stimulus...all originated with his beloved Democrat-controlled Congress, and were fully supported by Senator and/or President Obama. What's up with that, Cat? Why the need to rewrite history to support your endless spewing of hatred?

DtotheJtotheH
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I probably hate Scott Walker as much as anyone on this board, but your logic is quite fukced... just saying

Scuba19
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
lol @ the logic in the OP.

On another note, I knew a guy that had a brick fall 3 stories onto his head while a county building was being renovated.

He was knocked unconscious, and woke up 3 years later....he now never has to work in his life, he's a rich bitch.

I'm amazed that he didn't die. Were the doctors surprised he not only lived, but did so as a conscious individual?

HELIX35
02-27-2011, 08:36 PM
You're a srs sh!thead.

You're a srs troll

r0gue6
02-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm amazed that he didn't die. Were the doctors surprised he not only lived, but did so as a conscious individual?

They honestly didn't even know if he would wake up, he just sat there in a coma, but his body was healthy; They had no idea whether or not his brain was damaged beyond repair.

He's a fully functional guy now, crazy ****.

Stizzel
02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Thank you Catmando for keeping us all up to date on the left wing blog world

Kumquatv1
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Don't lump him with us Stizzel. Even us lefties on this board think this is full retard. I absolutely can't stand Scott Walker but this... this is just... just...

http://operatorchan.org/vg/src/vg65284_never_go_full_retard.jpg