PDA

View Full Version : ADL: Calling a jew by his real name is anti-semetic

flabtoabs
02-27-2011, 02:38 PM
ADL pls go

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/25/chaim-levine-chuck-lorre_n_828213.html

Sheen, blasting Lorre on the Alex Jones Radio Show before later challenging him to an ultimate fight, claimed in his rant that Lorre's real name was Chaim Levine. That statement was taken by some to be anti-semitic, and here's why:

Lorre's real name is, in fact, Charles Levine; obviously, Chuck is a nickname for Charles, and Levine was indeed his family name. So where does Chaim come from? Chaim is the hebrew version of Charles. It'd be like saying someone of Latino descent, legally named George, is in fact named Jorge.

*ShaGGs*
02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
lolz, is this real life?

hittman
02-28-2011, 04:26 PM
god forbid anyone offend a single jewish person

Blindead
02-28-2011, 04:37 PM
His given birth name is Charles. Just because he's a Jew doesn't mean you un-Anglicize his name.

makavelli1988
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I agree it's a little exaggerated to call it anti-Semitism, but at the same time, I have to wonder why Sheen went out of his way to call him by his Jewish name.

All that bullcrap about how he wanted to show how phony the guy is i would take a little more serious, if not 99% of Hollywood didn't operate with a different name to their real name, and Mr. Sheen himself wasn't know as Carlos Estevez

Kiknskreem
02-28-2011, 05:30 PM
ADL pls go

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/25/chaim-levine-chuck-lorre_n_828213.html

Sheen, blasting Lorre on the Alex Jones Radio Show before later challenging him to an ultimate fight, claimed in his rant that Lorre's real name was Chaim Levine. That statement was taken by some to be anti-semitic, and here's why:

Lorre's real name is, in fact, Charles Levine; obviously, Chuck is a nickname for Charles, and Levine was indeed his family name. So where does Chaim come from? Chaim is the hebrew version of Charles. It'd be like saying someone of Latino descent, legally named George, is in fact named Jorge.

Did you read your own quoted blurb ya retard?

Chaim is NOT his real name.

NRKF84
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
His given birth name is Charles. Just because he's a Jew doesn't mean you un-Anglicize his name.

This. He's never gone by Chaim.

OP pls go