PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be willing?

llb1216
02-25-2011, 05:39 AM
To help me out creating a meal plan that is easy and simple to follow or just gives me ideas.

I weighed me yesterday and the scale said "211.4 lbs" compared to starting at 218 in January. I'm currently NOT enrolled in a gym as I am not working at the moment. Before I decided to really do something about my weight 2 weeks ago, I was very sedentary, especially since I was no longer working. Now, I have added 30 minutes of walking 4-5 days per week which has been great since it is low intensity and I am introducing exercising into my daily routine. However, I know that to meet my long-term goals, I cannot do this forever. This is just a start-up for me. I do plan on joining a gym upon getting steady income.

I would really LOVE to avoid counting calories but I know it is important to be able to know exactly how much is going into my body. I have cut out all junk food (for me it was salty foods, such as chips) and stopped eating out when I stopped working (because I didn't want to spend the money and I was always home so could make something).

Honestly, I've been sticking to turkey breast sandwiches on wheat, fruit, special K cereal, salad, veggies, and chicken breast. I ate red meat a few times (so hard to stay away from, I live in Louisiana and a lot of food is focused on red meat).

I am a beginner cook and cooking for my boyfriend and I. I have been cooking a lot of "cajun" dishes as that's my culture. But, I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a big range of cooking experience

Anyway, regardless, would anyone be willing to help me create a sample meal plan to meet my 1400 calories that I should be taking in (I think that's the amount I need in deficit to lose about 2 lbs per week).

And even more, can it be focused around the foods I have already changed my diet too, though I know it's not like what I see on here.

I want to eventually be able to have "go to foods" without having to write down obsessively what I'm eating but still know that I am eating well and of course exercising/working out.

Thanks for any input.

REALDEAL012
02-25-2011, 05:46 AM
To help me out creating a meal plan that is easy and simple to follow or just gives me ideas.

I weighed me yesterday and the scale said "211.4 lbs" compared to starting at 218 in January. I'm currently NOT enrolled in a gym as I am not working at the moment. Before I decided to really do something about my weight 2 weeks ago, I was very sedentary, especially since I was no longer working. Now, I have added 30 minutes of walking 4-5 days per week which has been great since it is low intensity and I am introducing exercising into my daily routine. However, I know that to meet my long-term goals, I cannot do this forever. This is just a start-up for me. I do plan on joining a gym upon getting steady income.

I would really LOVE to avoid counting calories but I know it is important to be able to know exactly how much is going into my body. I have cut out all junk food (for me it was salty foods, such as chips) and stopped eating out when I stopped working (because I didn't want to spend the money and I was always home so could make something).

Honestly, I've been sticking to turkey breast sandwiches on wheat, fruit, special K cereal, salad, veggies, and chicken breast. I ate red meat a few times (so hard to stay away from, I live in Louisiana and a lot of food is focused on red meat).

I am a beginner cook and cooking for my boyfriend and I. I have been cooking a lot of "cajun" dishes as that's my culture. But, I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a big range of cooking experience

Anyway, regardless, would anyone be willing to help me create a sample meal plan to meet my 1400 calories that I should be taking in (I think that's the amount I need in deficit to lose about 2 lbs per week).

And even more, can it be focused around the foods I have already changed my diet too, though I know it's not like what I see on here.

I want to eventually be able to have "go to foods" without having to write down obsessively what I'm eating but still know that I am eating well and of course exercising/working out.

Thanks for any input.

This is what I will eat today.. I weight the same as you, but have more lean body mass. Just cut out about 200 calories from this attached plan and you will be fine. 1400 calories is way too low and you will lose too much muscle that low..

This is an excel template so it will also allow you to count calories and protein for any food you choose.

*This is a very simple food log. I use a more complex one when bulking, but this still gets the job done.

llb1216
02-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Thank you! That's really simple. I like simple. haha.

I know what I need to eat so that's a plus for me. I know it's going to take time. I really do want it to be a "lifestyle" change and not a temporary thing. As long as I stay away from the junk, like fast food and chips, I know I'll be fine as long as I stick to what I know is good for me and when (because I know I will) I do eat those "cajun" dishes, I eat a whole lot less then I usually would and I know if I can do that and lose weight, I can make it a lifestyle change. I do want to say that a lot of those "dishes" are not fried foods, they're mostly composed of sauces with rice. Also, when I do cook, if I feel like the main dish is really bad, I will eat more of the veggies and replace the main dish with a wheat sandwich or salad.

And of course, anytime I am in control of cooking, I use less of some ingredients and use "healthier" replacements.

Do you think this is a good mindset? I honestly don't want to be a body builder or anything like that, I just want to get down to a healthy weight and make sure that exercise is in my daily routine.

REALDEAL012
02-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Thank you! That's really simple. I like simple. haha.

I know what I need to eat so that's a plus for me. I know it's going to take time. I really do want it to be a "lifestyle" change and not a temporary thing. As long as I stay away from the junk, like fast food and chips, I know I'll be fine as long as I stick to what I know is good for me and when (because I know I will) I do eat those "cajun" dishes, I eat a whole lot less then I usually would and I know if I can do that and lose weight, I can make it a lifestyle change. I do want to say that a lot of those "dishes" are not fried foods, they're mostly composed of sauces with rice. Also, when I do cook, if I feel like the main dish is really bad, I will eat more of the veggies and replace the main dish with a wheat sandwich or salad.

And of course, anytime I am in control of cooking, I use less of some ingredients and use "healthier" replacements.

Do you think this is a good mindset? I honestly don't want to be a body builder or anything like that, I just want to get down to a healthy weight and make sure that exercise is in my daily routine.

I understand..

As long as you omit the heaving cooking oils, you will be fine. If you are looking to just be healthier, you want low saturated and trans fat, low sodium, and low sugar.

However, if you are looking to lose weight, the only thing that matters is that you eat less calories than you expend.

llb1216
02-25-2011, 08:25 AM
I also want to be healthier of course, so I have been keeping an eye on the sodium and cholesterol, especially.

I also realize that because I am "obese" and obviously have not been eating right my entire life, it is going to take time. Some people do well just jumping into it and changing everything right away but that has never worked for me. I have always ended up going into starvation mode and binging and then quitting. So, I guess my mindset is more to start my eating less of what I am eating (minus the junk, I don't mind getting rid of that all together) and substituting certain things, like instead of eating a Devil Square cake, eating a healthy banana. LOL

Srs. my diet has been horrible most of my life. Not blaming anyone but myself but when I was young, my Mom had the cabinets full of junk food. I love my Mom to death but I know that's something I will not do with my own children (if/when I have them).

I guess that is a small victory, realizing that filling your cabinets with that kind of stuff is dangerous and wrong! :)

Thanks for the help and for replying!

Cumulonimbus
02-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Eat what you normally enjoy but watch your caloric intake. No "special" foods, it's simply an energy balance. If you enjoy eating a certain food, manage to incorporate it into your diet while meeting macronutrient and caloric requirements. It will keep you sane and make "dieting" enjoyable. No need to get rid of everything, moderation is the key.

Killshot1
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM

Thanks for any input.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ve6r79.gif

jake1224
02-25-2011, 10:09 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/ve6r79.gif

I'll admit I http://i44.tinypic.com/ve6r79.gifWhen the first thing OP said was that he wanted somebody to do it for him

When the first thing OP said was that he wanted somebody to do it for him

But that was mean.

Chuck2600
02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
People pay allot of money for specialized meal plans from professionals. Either educate yourself on your own or see a dietitian.

llb1216
02-25-2011, 10:31 AM
HaHa, I know. I'm definitely reading the stickies little by little. I guess I could have reworded my post. I didn't want someone to "do it for me." I know it doesn't work that way. I just wanted ideas of things I can eat to get to 1400 or so calories because I know I'm probably at 1200 or less right now with my turkey breast sandwiches, lol.

But thanks anyway for responding :)