PDA

View Full Version : what fruit and veg should I use for a homemade multi vitamin

e45
02-23-2011, 09:00 AM
First of I am going to look in to this a lot more through the week but first of I mite as well ask you guys if you know if there is a combination of fruits and veg what will get me every single vitamin and mineral the way a multi vit can.
Does any one know what would be the best selection of foods to use ?

ven33
02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
1. why would you do this
2. going to be really expensive
3. seriously why would you do this

PirateFace
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
1. why would you do this
2. going to be really expensive
3. seriously why would you do this

this

I am looking to get joined but I am not satisfied if I am getting a mediocre sacrifice at $800 Anyone knowelectric-guitar-guitar com/jackson-guitars-c-12 html]Jackson Guitars ?

not this

e45
02-23-2011, 09:33 AM
doubt it would be that expensive ? I already eat a lot of fruit and veg so if I found out which ones had the highest content of vitamins then I could just buy them ones instead of the ones I prefer and eat them.

PirateFace
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
The question of why you would want to do that instead of just spending $8 for a 100ct bottle of Centrum remains. I'm hard pressed to find any good fresh fruit for less than $2/lb, fresh produce isn't cheap.

I'm not saying you shouldn't find fruits and vegetables that are good for you and eat them, but doing that just so you don't have to buy a multivitamin is crazy.

e45
02-23-2011, 09:49 AM
The question of why you would want to do that instead of just spending $8 for a 100ct bottle of Centrum remains. I'm hard pressed to find any good fresh fruit for less than $2/lb, fresh produce isn't cheap.

I'm not saying you shouldn't find fruits and vegetables that are good for you and eat them, but doing that just so you don't have to buy a multivitamin is crazy.

Well Ive read things about how these cheap multi vits are actually a waste of time and they dont actual work.

I already buy these every now and then http://health.innocentdrinks.co.uk/ they only cost like 2 for a big bottle and they taste lovely I am sure I could make my own for half the price.

edit http://www.realpatisserie.co.uk/products/innocent-smoothies/14313

Absurdist
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I get all of my mutivitamins from my diet (except vitamin d, I supplement that). I am not a fan of multivitamin supplements because there is conflicting research that it might be detrimental to health. I only add them when I'm doing a really restricted cut. Btw meats are better than fruits and veggies for fat soluble vitamins. Follow this website to tweek your diet.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/

jake1224
02-23-2011, 10:02 AM
I get all of my mutivitamins from my diet

..I get all of my multivitamins from my multivitamins.

Dumb thread of the day.

MakeABanana
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
I am looking to get joined but I am not satisfied if I am getting a mediocre sacrifice at $800 Anyone knowelectric-guitar-guitar com/jackson-guitars-c-12 html]Jackson Guitars ?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4338874489_bf377fdd54.jpg

desslok
02-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Dumb thread of the day.

I take my multivitamins just like I take my whiskey, straight from the bottle.

Absurdist
02-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Dumb thread of the day.

Perhaps you should reconsider.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/news-keeps-getting-worse-for-vitamins/?scp=7&sq=vitamin&st=cse

jake1224
02-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Perhaps you should reconsider.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/news-keeps-getting-worse-for-vitamins/?scp=7&sq=vitamin&st=cse

Yeah, that article sure is conclusive.

Absurdist
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, that article sure is conclusive.

Lol okay. Continue with your megadoses.

e45
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM

Dumb thread of the day.

Read some scientific papers on the subject and you would see what some of them have to say on this matter.

Any way why do you all you guys have to come into my thread going on about how expensive it would cost and **** like I am assed about spending my money on food.
I already eat like 8 pieces of fruit and veg a day that probably only works costing me like 10 a week or something,ive got to eat any way so its not like its going to be a waste of money.

Also if you actually thing about it I would only need a few selections of the supperfoods and you can find cheap places online to buys these from.

example being Goji Berries there full of different vitamins and minerals and you can get 250 grams for around 5,with a combination of different fruits and veg you would only need about 20grams of goji berries a day. so one bag would last you around 12 days what would work out to be around 40p a day.

psychodiver9
02-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Read some scientific papers on the subject and you would see what some of them have to say on this matter.

Any way why do you all you guys have to come into my thread going on about how expensive it would cost and **** like I am assed about spending my money on food.
I already eat like 8 pieces of fruit and veg a day that probably only works costing me like 10 a week or something,ive got to eat any way so its not like its going to be a waste of money.

Also if you actually thing about it I would only need a few selections of the supperfoods and you can find cheap places online to buys these from.

example being Goji Berries there full of different vitamins and minerals and you can get 250 grams for around 5,with a combination of different fruits and veg you would only need about 20grams of goji berries a day. so one bag would last you around 12 days what would work out to be around 40p a day.
Then what is the point of this thread. Just go on google and search for foods high in the vitamin you are looking for. Stop looking for people to tell you what to do then rejecting their advice

synthetic
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Vitamin Pills are ****, and op should go natural food route, even if it costs more. Pay more now = pay less later

Why not to go with pills:

1) Magnesium Stearate / Stearic Acid = THe saturated fat stearic acid has been modified into a bad fat to make the pill hard

2) Methylization of pills... this is so the drug/vitamin can bypass the liver, by the liver being damaged

3) The vitamins are processed to an unnatural state that their likelihood of being absorbed by the body decreases.

ven33
02-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Vitamin Pills are ****, and op should go natural food route, even if it costs more. Pay more now = pay less later

Why not to go with pills:

1) Magnesium Stearate / Stearic Acid = THe saturated fat stearic acid has been modified into a bad fat to make the pill hard

2) Methylization of pills... this is so the drug/vitamin can bypass the liver, by the liver being damaged

3) The vitamins are processed to an unnatural state that their likelihood of being absorbed by the body decreases.

OMGzors! Multivitamins are just a trick created by the mega corporations! They don't possess any nutritional content, and they haz the Trans Fatz and other bad stuff!

Seriously....get real.

e45
02-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Then what is the point of this thread. Just go on google and search for foods high in the vitamin you are looking foR

What did I write in my first post .
"First of I am going to look in to this a lot more through the week "

If there is already a diet out there what deals in getting a ****load of vitamins from just a few different fruits and veg then why bother looking into every single fruit and veg my self if somebody else has already done that ??

Stop looking for people to tell you what to do then rejecting their advice

Are you ****ing stupid what adive have I been givein besides "ooo nooo it will cost too much monies" "just go with a cheap multi vitamin"
I didnt ask if it would be expensive and I didnt ask weather or not I should take a multi vitamin.
No one answered my question they just brought a load of negativity into my thread

Ive been taking animal pak and the life extension multi vitamin for the last 2 years even when I haven't been lifting and I thought I mite as well see if I can get high doses of vitamins and minerals just buy eating food even if it will cost more.Money is no object any way

ven33
02-24-2011, 05:25 AM
What did I write in my first post .
"First of I am going to look in to this a lot more through the week "

If there is already a diet out there what deals in getting a ****load of vitamins from just a few different fruits and veg then why bother looking into every single fruit and veg my self if somebody else has already done that ??

Are you ****ing stupid what adive have I been givein besides "ooo nooo it will cost too much monies" "just go with a cheap multi vitamin"
I didnt ask if it would be expensive and I didnt ask weather or not I should take a multi vitamin.
No one answered my question they just brought a load of negativity into my thread

Ive been taking animal pak and the life extension multi vitamin for the last 2 years even when I haven't been lifting and I thought I mite as well see if I can get high doses of vitamins and minerals just buy eating food even if it will cost more.Money is no object any way

If you are going to come in here and taunt people for attempting to help you, GTFO. Seriously. Stop bumping your post to the top of the forums, so we can help people who actually want the help.

e45
02-24-2011, 05:50 AM
If you are going to come in here and taunt people for attempting to help you, GTFO. Seriously. Stop bumping your post to the top of the forums, so we can help people who actually want the help.

but like I said there not helping there just saying it will be to expensive "I wouldn't bother" well I do want to bother so if you dont want to give advice about this thread then dont come into the thread for the people who are interested in giving advice and would also like to find out what concoction of super foods they could take which would give them all of the vitamins and minerals like a multi vit then come on in