PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Catholic child rapist enablers might now be held accountable

AKR
02-22-2011, 07:53 AM
About time they went after all of the scum in the church that enables other scum.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jmzXpf9C3uQIg8OkiOGd394Kq8GA?docId=142845ead e63461a911d80788059dff8

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Nearly a decade after the scandal over sexual abuse by priests erupted, Philadelphia's district attorney has taken a step no prosecutor in the U.S. had taken before: filing criminal charges against a high-ranking Roman Catholic official for allegedly failing to protect children.

"I love my church," said District Attorney Seth Williams, himself a Catholic, "but I detest the criminal behavior of priests who abuse or allow the abuse of children."

Williams announced charges Thursday against three priests, a parochial school teacher and Monsignor William Lynn, who as secretary of the clergy was one of the top officials in the Philadelphia Archdiocese from 1992 to 2004.

The three priests and the teacher were charged with raping boys. Lynn, 60, was accused not of molesting children but of endangering them. A damning grand jury report said at least two boys were sexually assaulted because he put two known ****philes in posts where they had contact with youngsters.

"The rapist priests we accuse were well-known to the secretary of clergy, but he cloaked their conduct and put them in place to do it again," the report said.

"Up until now, there have been threats and the possibility of indictment, but for political reasons, people did not want to move in on the Catholic Church. It's never happened," Doyle said. "I really think this is a major breakthrough and I really hope that it is a signal and a sign of encouragement for district attorneys and federal prosecutors around the country."

F*ck yeah.

jimbob007
02-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Good news. But why does he still love his church when it-

1. Continues to cover up child abuse/pay people off.
2. Helps to spread aids & other std's via its teachings.
3. Continues to pressure & make threats to women & girls to go through with birth-even if they have been raped.
4. Continues to blame all of its woes on the meida & atheists, instead of admitting to its failings & actually moving forward? Well I guess we know the answer to this one-it would like all religion cease to exist with any meaningful number of followers if it did so.

jf1
02-22-2011, 08:06 AM
finally!
the failure to prosecute the catholic church leaders for aiding and abetting is a true conspiracy.
its odd that our CTers arent willing to tackle legit and obvious conspiracies such as this.

in before 'strongcatholicposterbrah'!

mistaballoonhan
02-22-2011, 08:07 AM
In4 results. Hopefully this will inspire other places to follow suit.

saloman
02-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Someone give that guy a medal. It's about time these child molesters were put in trial.

JUSA
02-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Good. I can't see how anyone can condone this BS from the Catholic Church.

bird72
02-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Great......excelent!

now

is Polanski turn.

vabyss
02-22-2011, 08:50 AM
A good start.

But ultimately all churches should be indicted for fraud and extortion.

jf1
02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Good. I can't see how anyone can condone this BS from the Catholic Church.

woah!
back from the grave?

i thought we had lost you?!

Engineer_Mike
02-22-2011, 09:50 AM
It'll be a great day when we finally ban organized religion.

GeorgeCarlinJr
02-22-2011, 12:49 PM
^ nooooooo he got banned. he was highly amusing lol.

JUSA
02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
woah!
back from the grave?

i thought we had lost you?! Was spending too much time here.

^ nooooooo he got banned. he was highly amusing lol. Me? I've been banned plenty of times, but not anytime recently.

neonhypoxia
02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
is Polanski turn.

On 11 March 1977, Polanski, then 43 years old, was arrested for the sexual assault of 13-year-old Samantha Geimer during a photo shoot for French Vogue magazine. Soon after he was indicted on six counts of criminal behavior, including rape.[48][50] At his arraignment Polanski pled not guilty to all charges.[51]

Geimer's attorney next arranged a plea bargain, which Polanski accepted, where five of the six charges would be dismissed.[52] As a result, Polanski pled guilty to the charge of "Unlawful Sexual Intercourse with a minor,"[53][54] and was ordered to undergo 90-days of psychiatric evaluation at Chino State Prison.[55]

On release from prison after 42 days, Polanski expected that at final sentencing he would be put on probation. However, the judge had apparently changed his mind in the interim and now "suggested" to Polanski's attorney, Douglas Dalton, that more jail time and possible deportation were in order.[54][56] Polanski was also told by his attorney that despite the fact that the prosecuting attorneys recommended probation, "the judge could no longer be trusted . . ." and the judge's representations were "worthless."[57]

Upon learning of the judge's plans Polanski fled to France on February 1, 1978, just hours before sentencing by the judge.[58] As a French citizen, he has been protected from extradition and has lived mostly in France since then.[59]

On 26 September 2009, Polanski was arrested while in Switzerland at the request of U.S. authorities.[60] He was kept under house arrest at his home in Gstaad while awaiting decision of appeals fighting extradition to the U.S.[61] On July 12, 2010, however, the Swiss rejected the U.S. request and instead declared him a "free man" and released him from custody, although all six of the original charges still remain pending in the U.S.[12]

From wiki, because I don't really care enough to dig any deeper.

The difference here being that Polanski was charged, was arrested, did enter a plea bargin, there was some grey legal issues there with the judge chaning his mind after he had served his sentence, and now he's in a different country with charges still pending here.

The priest that are being discussed on the other hand haven't even been charged despite having far more evidence against them simply because they are part of a religious organization. Not even charged.

Boffothe
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm afraid for this guy's safety though. There are ****phile nutjobs like TomEst who would do anything to keep child molesters from being prosecuted. I honestly think people like Tom would absolutely commit violence because they are fanatically loyal to these anmals

GeorgeCarlinJr
02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Was spending too much time here.

Me? I've been banned plenty of times, but not anytime recently.

Not you, Engineer_Mike

aelephant
02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Good news. But why does he still love his church when it-

1. Continues to cover up child abuse/pay people off.
2. Helps to spread aids & other std's via its teachings.
3. Continues to pressure & make threats to women & girls to go through with birth-even if they have been raped.
4. Continues to blame all of its woes on the meida & atheists, instead of admitting to its failings & actually moving forward? Well I guess we know the answer to this one-it would like all religion cease to exist with any meaningful number of followers if it did so.

Because he is irreversibly indoctrinated due to childhood abuse: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131738233

Reality has no bearing on his beliefs.