PDA

View Full Version : New To 6 Meals a Day Please Help

dugwardo
02-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys,

Im currently over weight but very fit. I have been training very hard over the past 2 mths i box 3 nights a week and do a boxing designed weight lifting program i found on this site 3 nights a week while running on average 6 k's per day

Now i went in to a local supplement store yesterday and was told i need to follow this diet
because i wasn't eating enough food previously to get the results i was looking for i'm hoping someone can reassure me i'm doing the right thing because i feel like i am eating allot ha ha

Meal 1 6am
1/2 a cup of oats
2 scoops of MRM Metabolic whey or low carb
tea spoon of flaxseed oil

Meal 2 9am
chicken / salmon / tuna 150g
mixed salad
med apple

Meal 3 12pm
Salmon & salad on 2 slices of brown bread

Meal 4 3pm
almonds 15g

Meal 5 6pm
Beef / Fish / Chicken 150g
Mixed veggies or salad

Meal 6 9pm

I guess im just wondering do i have to have the 9pm shake and do you guys think this is a good plan to work with i really want to shake this bulge haha

Day totals Protein 293 Fats 60 Carbs 115 calories 2166

amazongb
02-13-2011, 06:47 AM
You don't need 6 meals.. I eat three, and I time them for when I'm most hungry, which is lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Gotta make it easy on yourself :)

amazongb
02-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Didn't comment on the macros.. It looks ok, little high on the protein, but that won't kill you.. cals look fine as well. If you feel weak during your workouts, you could swap some carbs for protein, but as long as you have energy with these macros, you're good to go imo.

TelusLob
02-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Im currently over weight but very fit. I have been training very hard over the past 2 mths i box 3 nights a week and do a boxing designed weight lifting program i found on this site 3 nights a week while running on average 6 k's per day

Now i went in to a local supplement store yesterday and was told i need to follow this diet
because i wasn't eating enough food previously to get the results i was looking for i'm hoping someone can reassure me i'm doing the right thing because i feel like i am eating allot ha ha

Meal 1 6am
1/2 a cup of oats

Meal 2 9am
chicken / salmon / tuna 150g
mixed salad
med apple

Meal 3 12pm
Salmon & salad on 2 slices of brown bread

Meal 4 3pm
almonds 15g

Meal 5 6pm
Beef / Fish / Chicken 150g
Mixed veggies or salad

Meal 6 9pm

I guess im just wondering do i have to have the 9pm shake and do you guys think this is a good plan to work with i really want to shake this bulge haha

Day totals Protein 293 Fats 60 Carbs 115 calories 2166

Looks like a solid diet overall, but too high on protein. I would lower protein to about 200, increase fats to about 80, and increase carbs to about 150. Cal intake is fine.

Also, no need to eat 6 times a day. You can eat all of that in 3 meals if you prefer.

PBateman2
02-13-2011, 09:20 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

TrueBDB
02-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Less scoops, more food.

MajorTwang
02-13-2011, 10:14 AM
You really don't need all that protein. You're effectively wasting your money on protein supplements.

And you certainly don't need to eat 6 times a day. If you like eating a little meal every 3 hours, go for it, but otherwise you will do just as well on 3 decent meals or one huge one.

belairdfence99
02-13-2011, 10:21 AM
You don't need 6 meal, however, some people find it helpful/filling to eat that often to not only meet their calorie goals for the day, but also to stay full and resist the urge to cheat.

The guy at the supplement store is obviously going to tell you to have a lot of supplements in your diet, they are not needed only there to assist you in reaching your protein numbers (1g per pound of bodyweight). You could easily swap the shakes for whole food. 2100 calories does seem like a number that you would be able to easily lose weight on considering your size/activity level. You could also up your fats and lower protein a little bit, aka, make your food taste better...

alex2363
02-13-2011, 11:00 AM
just eat within your caloric maintnance...divde it by 3,4,5 whatever feels good 4 u

dugwardo
02-13-2011, 12:35 PM
i kinda realized they were trying to just get me to smash into this protein shakes so i would buy some more.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid like i said im really new to this i don't really understand the macros break downs yet what i would like to do is to take the shake out at breakfast and night and have it at say 9am and 3pm easier with me at work and so on but i don get yet what i would replace with like what is some examples of whole foods?