PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Bautista sets deadline

KingCanuck
02-11-2011, 11:12 AM
"I won’t be open to it after the hearing. After the hearing, I believe we will notify the team that [a long-term deal] is not going to be a possibility, unless it’s in that window they have from the end of the season until the free agency period begins. My desire is to play in Toronto long term but, after the hearing, or during the season, I have come to the conclusion that it’s probably not the best thing for me to be negotiating any type of deal. I want to focus on the game and trying to win ball games. If I’m in that type of negotiation, it’s going to shift my focus from what I need to worry about and that’s baseball. I don’t want my mind to be elsewhere when I come to the ballpark to help my team win."

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/11/jose-bautista-puts-blue-jays-in-very-tough-spot-with-monday-deadline-for-long-term-deal

boss

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/frankbink5/bautista0001gifban.gif

GetBigyo
02-11-2011, 11:20 AM
lol at him acting like Pujols settting a deadline.

Guy had one monster year and all of sudden think he's worth so much.

inbefore 15 HR year

KingCanuck
02-11-2011, 11:21 AM

inbefore 15 HR year

Bautista is more valuable to a team than Pujols is.

Bautista hit 54 HRs while playing two crucial positions in 3B and RF. A retard could play first base.

Do you realize how valuable 54 HRs is from a third baseman?

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Bautista hit 54 HRs while playing two crucial positions in 3B and RF. A retard could play first base.

you are more delusional than BC02

Your Dad

inbefore 15 HR year

Lol, this.

BlueGays finna be last in the division regardless.

bbacn123
Why are you ok with one of your players acting like a complete dick towards the organization you like?

Are you Jays fan or a Bautista fan? There comes a time when you have to pick a side.

KingCanuck
02-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Why are you ok with one of your players acting like a complete dick towards the organization you like?

Are you Jays fan or a Bautista fan? There comes a time when you have to pick a side.

How is he acting like a dick? Negotiations during the season are often distractions to players. Deadlines are the right move.

I'd want Bautista to focus on swinging the bat and playing defense during the season. Not whats going on in the conference room.

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
if he was smart he would get his money before he falls back down to earth and finishes out his garbage career stealing money from a ****ty organization.

cor030
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
How is he acting like a dick? Negotiations during the season are often distractions to players. Deadlines are the right move.

I'd want Bautista to focus on swinging the bat and playing defense during the season. Not whats going on in the conference room.

you could look at it that way I guess

the way I see it is "you have x amount of time to offer me a huge contract or I'll be bailing after this season"

mayweathermusic
02-11-2011, 11:30 AM

jesus christ

Murph0408
can't blame him for this. it's his big year, time to cash in. i think most athletes would do this.

KingCanuck
if he was smart he would get his money before he falls back down to earth and finishes out his garbage career stealing money from a ****ty organization.

you're an Indians fan who was too ashamed of his team that he had to start cheering for the Reds last season.

no one cares what you think

Jose Bautista >>>>> your whole franchise

GetBigyo
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
If im the Jays GM I don't offer him anymore than 10 mill per year.

3/30 mill.

ibldcubbyblue
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OvmuvHN8HnM/TFQjaK5Q9gI/AAAAAAAACT4/Fm9EAdkqHCM/s1600/Don%27t+Trade.jpg

bbacn123
02-11-2011, 11:32 AM

That sh*t always baffled me. How is a contract distracting you from baseball related activities?

Hell you can talk about your contract during plane flights when you aren't doing sh*t else.

On top of it all their agents do 99.9% of the work anyway.

The players who say that garbage are just the ass holes who are really saying give me a new contract now or Im going to free agency. They're just trying to put pressure on the organization to get what they want instead of actually trying to come to a deal.

It's a dick move.

And in Bautista's case what he's saying is "Oh sh*t if I dont get a deal now and I f*ck it up this season my contract is gonna suck ass"

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 11:36 AM
you're an Indians fan who was too ashamed of his team that he had to start cheering for the Reds last season.

no one cares what you think

Jose Bautista >>>>> your whole franchise

i never said i cheered for the reds, i said that they get more coverage where i lived and i followed them/went to more reds games than indians games. the reds could win the world series and i couldn't give less of a ****.

and like it or not the indians have the one of the best small market front offices in baseball.

JIGSAW
02-11-2011, 11:48 AM

inbefore 15 HR year

this ^

inb4 .250 15HR / 54 RBI's / 1 month on d isabled list

JIGSAW
02-11-2011, 11:49 AM

aww man, what the hell is wrong with you? I never liked you....but at least I respected you..........

ibldcubbyblue
02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=KingCanuck;627465763]Bautista is more valuable to a team than Pujols is.

are you on drugs??

please GTFO. enough has been said

thegenerel
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
you guys need to learn about KC...

PitBillSoxFan
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM

You went full out retard.

magicmatt
02-11-2011, 12:46 PM

inbefore 10 HR year

fixed

magicmatt
02-11-2011, 12:47 PM

im getting pretty sick of retards equating hitting performance with what position a player plays. it doesnt fukking matter if your 3B or CF hits 54 HR's. the box score doesn't know the difference of who hit it, as long as someone did

melanimal_old
02-11-2011, 12:49 PM
the blue jays front office is doubting the legitimacy of his 2010 as much as anyone. I wouldnt want to be on the hook for 50 million when he hits 20 hr and has a 290 obp.

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
im getting pretty sick of retards equating hitting performance with what position a player plays. it doesnt fukking matter if your 3B or CF hits 54 HR's. the box score doesn't know the difference of who hit it, as long as someone did

it is HIGHLY overrated

KingCanuck
02-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Find me a 3rd baseman in the MLB who cab hit 54 home runs with a pretty good OBP, a monster OPS and above average defense.

Find me a first baseman in the MLB who can hit 40 HRs with a .300 avg. Plenty.

54 HRs from primary a 3rd baseman (can play RF LF CF 1st also) with above average defense is more valuable than pujols

magicmatt
02-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Find me a 3rd baseman in the MLB who cab hit 54 home runs with a pretty good OBP, a monster OPS and above average defense.

54 HRs from primary a 3rd baseman (can play RF LF CF 1st also) with above average defense is more valuable than pujols

you're missing the point. baseball is the only sport where offense and defense are completely separate, there is no transition like bball, hockey or football

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 12:58 PM

well you can't seem to find one considering your first baseman hit 23 HRs with a .237 average in 2010

lmao thanks for proving everyone elses point. yeah, a power hitting 3rd baseman is valuable IF it is in addition to a power hitting first baseman. but it isn't more valuable if your first baseman is ****.

FryDude
02-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Lol, this.

BlueGays finna be last in the division regardless.

I can guarantee you the Blue Jays will not finish last. Please go.

magicmatt
02-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I can guarantee you the Blue Jays will not finish last. Please go.

you're very right. they'll finish 4th

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 01:04 PM
you're very right. they'll finish 4th

nah i don't think manny and damon can replace all that the rays lost. i think toronto will finish around .500 and the rays a couple games behind them

FryDude
02-11-2011, 01:09 PM
^ that is an accurate post.

magicmatt
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
nah i don't think manny and damon can replace all that the rays lost. i think toronto will finish around .500 and the rays a couple games behind them

pretty excited to see what they can do though

KingCanuck
02-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Also it is interesting to note that:

-Batustia hit 54 HRs in the first full season he used his new swing
-Batustia hit 54 HRs in the first full season he got to be an everyday player
-Batustia hit 50 of his 54 HRs while nursing a sports hernia injury

70 HRs this season is not out of the question

WheyneNewton
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/ohim28.gif

magicmatt
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM

-Batustia hit 54 HRs in the first full season he used hgh
-Batustia hit 54 HRs in the first full season he got to be an everyday injector
-Batustia hit 50 of his 54 HRs while nursing a sports hernia injury which was corrected by hgh

70 HRs this season is completely out of the question

fixed

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
pretty excited to see what they can do though

TBH the rays screwed themselves for years by having a good year last year. obviously it wouldn't have mattered had they been able to win a world series, but it looks terrible since they lost in the ALDS. had they hovered between 3rd and 4th place instead of winning the division they could have traded some of these guys instead of losing them to free agency. build the team up with prospects that will be ready in 2-3 years and try again with longoria and price as their base. personally i didn't think they had the pitching to realistically make a WS run in 2010. they signed big names to get fans in the seats for this year but they are a while away from competing again.

MontelWilliams
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
inb4 he hits <30 home runs this year

AriGhold
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM

meanwhile adam lind is "comparable" to albert pujols

BigNastyIsBack
02-11-2011, 01:31 PM

you've gotta be kidding me, I understand how much production Batista had last year but hes unproven. One breakout year doesnt mean sh*t. Look at Brady Anderson's 50 homerun year. If batista keeps this up maybe you've got a point but Pujols is so consistent and always an MVP threat.

Greg1983
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
you're missing the point. baseball is the only sport where offense and defense are completely separate, there is no transition like bball, hockey or football

You're missing the point. A shortstop who hits .300 with 40 home runs and a first baseman who hits .300 with 40 home runs are both great players. But the shortstop is much more valuable because if you have the choice between two for the same dollar amount, you take the shortstop without hesitation. Because if you have 5 million dollars left to fill the position you don't have, a 5 million dollar first baseman will provide a lot more offense than a 5 million dollar shortstop. Why do you think every WAR statistic factors position into the formula?

The fact is, guys like Bautista and Hamilton last year were much more valuable to their teams than guys like Cabrera and Pujols. Whether it continues or not for Bautista remains to be seen.

Greg1983
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
well you can't seem to find one considering your first baseman hit 23 HRs with a .237 average in 2010

lmao thanks for proving everyone elses point. yeah, a power hitting 3rd baseman is valuable IF it is in addition to a power hitting first baseman. but it isn't more valuable if your first baseman is ****.

That's the point. Overbay is a bad first baseman, but he still produces more than the average third baseman. The Jays got a .752 OPS out of first base. The Cardinals got a .655 OPS out of third base. Thus making Bautista's ability to cover third much more valuable.

zdub32
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118057841

PatrickBateman1
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Came in just to make sure it was a KC thread... of course I was right. brb batting like .250 lol.

Seriously it's impossible to talk baseball on this board because KC, bacn, and TexasHeat just ruin every thread by spamming threads with info from their own team.

Why don't you guys join a forum for your specific teams? (obvious trolls are obvious actually)

I honestly don't get how you can troll using the same thing for years at a time. Strong motivation.

Greg1983
02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Came in just to make sure it was a KC thread... of course I was right. brb batting like .250 lol.

Seriously it's impossible to talk baseball on this board because KC, bacn, and TexasHeat just ruin every thread by spamming threads with info from their own team.

Why don't you guys join a forum for your specific teams? (obvious trolls are obvious actually)

I honestly don't get how you can troll using the same thing for years at a time. Strong motivation.

White Sox/Pistons/Red Wings/Patriots/Michigan Football

sups31
02-11-2011, 03:52 PM
This fukking guy.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/badgerbadgerboner.gif

KingCanuck
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM

If, I was trolling I would have left a long time ago.

GetBigyo
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Who ****ing cares.

People take this forum so seriously. bacon is one of the most entertaining posters in this forum and I lol at all his threads. And if you want to talk seriously about teams then why don't you go to one of your teams forums?

fcb1012
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM

steroids/10

Said it yourself

mayweathermusic
02-12-2011, 11:12 AM

You're right, an average defending 3rd baseman who had a fluke year is more valuable than a great defensive first baseman who also happens to be the last hitter in the world that anybody would want to face.

evilsteve02
02-12-2011, 02:34 PM
boss

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/frankbink5/bautista0001gifban.gif

that might backfire after that fluke season he had. If i were Bautista i would sign as soon as they made me an offer, i doubt he will even get an MLB contract after this season.

evilsteve02
02-12-2011, 02:36 PM

-Batustia hit 54 HRs in the first full season he used his new steroids
-Batustia hit 54 HRs in the first full season he got to be an everyday steroid user
-Batustia hit 50 of his 54 HRs while nursing a fake injury

tuche pussycat

bbacn123
02-14-2011, 05:12 PM

lol

TexasHeat
02-14-2011, 05:14 PM

u mad that we are so passionate about our teams? ya, u mad

Tyler44
02-14-2011, 05:21 PM

This is the best post Ive seen in the sports section in Months.

AriGhold
02-14-2011, 05:26 PM

remember when you cried??

remember when you denounced your fanhood and said you were not a fan of any teams and provided unbiased opinions?

PatrickBateman1
02-14-2011, 05:29 PM

I'm extremely passionate but I'm not delusional. Do you guys honestly think people care about every non-important move your teams make? It's either awful and repetitive trolling or full retardation.

hackfunnigans
02-14-2011, 05:29 PM
lulz, Blue Jays are a farm team for the rest of the league.

AriGhold
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm extremely passionate but I'm not delusional. Do you guys honestly think people care about every non-important move your teams make? It's either awful and repetitive trolling or full retardation.

4 posters literally make threads on every lineup change, call up, infected hangnail, bout with diarrhea for their respective teams.

TexasHeat
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM
4 posters literally make threads on every lineup change, call up, infected hangnail, bout with diarrhea for their respective teams.

I don't do that, only bacon and KC

AriGhold
02-14-2011, 05:41 PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php?searchid=552428063

TexasHeat
02-14-2011, 05:45 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php?searchid=552428063

only 2 pages

pull up bacon and KC now

Tyler44
02-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Its hard to find a thread to actually discuss sports in sadly. Just homerism and trolling non stop everywhere you look.

TexasHeat
02-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Its hard to find a thread to actually discuss sports in sadly. Just homerism and trolling non stop everywhere you look.

agree

AriGhold
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
agree

I predict the Rangers go 97-65 in regular season, and win the World Series.

BigBackWannabe
02-14-2011, 05:56 PM

blackkidOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH.gif

FrankyOnions
02-14-2011, 05:56 PM
bautista exposed as pompous jerk off, what else is new.

Farshi
02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
lulz, blue jays are a farm team for the rest of the league.

... 92,93

bbacn123
02-14-2011, 09:59 PM
This is the best post Ive seen in the sports section in Months.

only 2 pages

pull up bacon and KC now

agree

http://i44.tinypic.com/kcfkhx.jpg

KingCanuck
02-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Without me and bbacn this forum would be on WWE Wrestling Forum status

PitBillSoxFan
02-15-2011, 05:08 AM
remember when you cried??

remember when you denounced your fanhood and said you were not a fan of any teams and provided unbiased opinions?

I didn't even cry when Boone hit his HR in 2003.....and considering everything, that has to be one of the most crushing defeats in sports

bbacn123
02-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Without me and bbacn this forum would be on WWE Wrestling Forum status

Favorite Pro Wrestlers - The Rock, Austin, Cena, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Prime Kane, Prime Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero