PDA

View Full Version : Lets be reality, Cam Newton going #3 to Buffalo

Masstastic
02-11-2011, 08:35 AM
E9xClqXlWAY

His stock keeps rising. He is trying to seperate himself from being compared to Jamarcus, & Vince Young.

Buffalo has a decent QB in place which can allow Newton to sit for most of his rookie season, or until he is ready to play. Buffalo needs someone to bring more fans into the games. They've got good talent at WR and RB. With that weak O-Line they need a QB who can get out of the pocket and not take a sack.

They dont need Von Miller.

New uniforms?
New logo?
New Franchise Player?

ezmac31
02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
after missing the target on losman and edwards, i think they would stay away from a guy with so many question marks..plus fitzpatrick played allright last season (well at least in FF, i didnt really watch any bills games)

Masstastic
02-11-2011, 08:45 AM
after missing the target on losman and edwards, i think they would stay away from a guy with so many question marks..plus fitzpatrick played allright last season (well at least in FF, i didnt really watch any bills games)

The fact they missed on both guys is why they are in this situation now.

Gotta make the right call on someone if they want to go to the Playoffs?????????

xxDirtMcGirtxx
02-11-2011, 09:03 AM
No, they have much bigger needs and Fitzpatrick is a pretty solid option at QB.

CCAurora
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM

This x100. Every time the Bills ignore their needs and draft strictly for talent, it blows up in their face. We didn't need a 1st round RB last year, nor did we when we drafted McGahee in 2003. We don't need a 1st round QB this year.

Jyeatbvg
02-11-2011, 09:42 AM

This x100. Every time the Bills ignore their needs and draft strictly for talent, it blows up in their face. We didn't need a 1st round RB last year, nor did we when we drafted McGahee in 2003. We don't need a 1st round QB this year.

Although I agree with both of your points, would Fitzpatrick really be the type of player the orgranization wants to build around? He's decent, but I think right now the Bills' biggest need is finding a solid group of players that they can plan the next few years with. IMO, Fitzpatrick isn't one of them.

sleet83
02-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Bills need to work on their defense. The offense can deliver but at least half of their games last season they gave up 30+ points.

EDIT: Actually, 9 out of 16 games they gave up 30+...

Stompin_Tom
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
This video is not available in your country.

roronoa3000
02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Compared to Russell and Young? Whats wrong with being compared to Young?

Look at VY stats. They are pretty damn good. His only problem was his reported mental problems.

Masstastic
02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Bills need to work on their defense. The offense can deliver but at least half of their games last season they gave up 30+ points.

EDIT: Actually, 9 out of 16 games they gave up 30+...

By drafting a rising 3-4 OLB like Von Miller? They're bringing Merriman back next season.

They could use a CB like Peterson.

209vaughn
02-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Thats a fcking High School in the background? Mind=blown.

sleet83
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
By drafting a rising 3-4 OLB like Von Miller? They're bringing Merriman back next season.

Whatever they can get, as long as its defensive.

Masstastic
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Whatever they can get, as long as its defensive.

They still need a Franchise QB.

Either they address it now or next year.

fly4navy117
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Buffalo has a lot more pressing needs than QB. Cincinnati, if they bend to Palmer and trade him, will be in the market. I want to see him go to Minnesota. Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, Sydney Rice and Percy Harvin all on the same offense. If Cam really masters the NFL offense quickly, Minnesota could own.

Masstastic
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Buffalo has a lot more pressing needs than QB. Cincinnati, if they bend to Palmer and trade him, will be in the market. I want to see him go to Minnesota. Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, Sydney Rice and Percy Harvin all on the same offense. If Cam really masters the NFL offense quickly, Minnesota could own.

Minny doesn't make sense from the standpoint they already have Joe Webb.

Im not saying Webb is better or a NFL QB, but they trusted him to go out there and start the final few games. Would make sense for them to just add a veteran.

snazo
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
i hear buffalo is getting new uni's this season.

Tdog1
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Compared to Russell and Young? Whats wrong with being compared to Young?

Look at VY stats. They are pretty damn good. His only problem was his reported mental problems.

Have you ever looked at VY stats?

Career stats:
42 TDs 42 Ints, 75.7 QB rating

I wouldn't want to be compared to VY unless my goal was to become a completely mediocre QB who happens to be a massive prima donna

iamgenus
02-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I'll be cheering big time for Newton and Gabbert to go top 6.

cor030
02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I'll be cheering big time for Newton and Gabbert to go top 6.

lucky 49ers don't have the 1st pick :(

if the Panthers take Newton or Gabbert #1 overall............... ugh.

brb_ballin
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
nothing wrong with Fitz for the time being..

this team was 3rd against the pass and dead last against the pass...

they should take Peterson if he isn't a top 2 pick..

then they need to bring in some OLine help via FAs

Dennis71
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM

Drayton Florence
Leodis McKelvin was a 1st round pick a few years ago

Terrence Mcgee comes back from injury

buffalo needs dlinemen, or linebackers
if u run a 3-4, u have to be able to rush the passer.
Buffalo is completely incapable of doing so

iamgenus
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Drayton Florence
Leodis McKelvin was a 1st round pick a few years ago

Terrence Mcgee comes back from injury

buffalo needs dlinemen, or linebackers
if u run a 3-4, u have to be able to rush the passer.
Buffalo is completely incapable of doing so

Aren't they going back to the 4-3?

Nick Fairley or Dareus would be wise picks for them.

evilsteve02
02-11-2011, 07:14 PM
The fact they missed on both guys is why they are in this situation now.

Gotta make the right call on someone if they want to go to the Playoffs?????????

it hurts.....but look at all the Superbowl teams, you need that franchise QB to even have a chance to get into the big game. If you have to draft a QB every 2 or 3 years before you find him...it pays off in the long run.

Masstastic
02-11-2011, 07:39 PM
it hurts.....but look at all the Superbowl teams, you need that franchise QB to even have a chance to get into the big game. If you have to draft a QB every 2 or 3 years before you find him...it pays off in the long run.

True.

I'd just address the QB position with a potential long term solution now. Fitzpatrick is an average QB, and you know you are going to have to draft that Franchise QB in the next 3 years.

Take the QB(Newton) and build the infrastructure as followed. They still need OL help and some help in their front 7, luckily in the NFL you can find quality at both positions without having to use a Top 5 pick on it.

dan213
02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
we won't take newton. we need pass rushers SO BAD. they won't pass up on a top pass rusher for a questionable QB.

kyleTX
02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
we won't take newton. we need pass rushers SO BAD. they won't pass up on a top pass rusher for a questionable QB.

Von Miller

D-roy, book it

dan213
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Von Miller

D-roy, book it

when i saw the latest mock draft and saw von miller going to us at #3, i thought about you (strong no homo).

hopefully he won't be another aaron maybin.

SteezeFactory
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
The Bills really need help on the dline and OLB, so they will take Cam Newton or AJ Green, book it. If Patrick Peterson rips off a blazing 40 time then he will be in the mix, they love them some athletes.

thacalikid911
02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
would jizz my pants if we went to SF

CCAurora
02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Although I agree with both of your points, would Fitzpatrick really be the type of player the orgranization wants to build around? He's decent, but I think right now the Bills' biggest need is finding a solid group of players that they can plan the next few years with. IMO, Fitzpatrick isn't one of them.

You don't have to start at QB just because the Cowboys did that one time.

Outside of the Saints, Colts, and POSSIBLY the Giants, I would argue that no Super Bowl Champion in the last 10 years started with a QB and built around him. Brady was plugged in the year they won their first title. The Ravens and Bucs had capable QB's at best. Roethlisberger inherited team that was competitive before he got there.

All I know is that Stevie Johnson was a nobody until Fitz became starter, and now he's a top young WR.

nickrut
02-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm still amazed they spent such a high pick on Spiller to just sit him all year.

Either don't waste the pick, or play his ass

Clives_Bicep
02-12-2011, 04:16 AM
I can see him going 8th to the titans if he drops that far. Rumor has it we are interested in the packer's QB coach as our offensive coordinator and he did really good with coaching Rodgers.