PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL team that nobody's talking about will contend in the near future?

HumptyBrah
02-07-2011, 11:16 PM
You can not say the Bucs because they're everybody's dark horse. I mean teams nobody's considering.

I say the Lions. They have a great young core and were tough to beat this past season. If Stafford can stay healthy and be good (two huge ifs), they're going to be legit very soon.

Budly69
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Oakland, serious

ESPforMe
02-07-2011, 11:24 PM
OP is correct.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
02-07-2011, 11:32 PM
You can not say the Bucs because they're everybody's dark horse. I mean teams nobody's considering.

I say the Lions. They have a great young core and were tough to beat this past season. If Stafford can stay healthy and be good (two huge ifs), they're going to be legit very soon.

gon be hard with that division. the pack are obviously strong. the bears are going to be hit or miss for the next few years. bears defense isnt getting any younger so idk about them. Vikings are also a wild card with no qb. Lions could do it.

I say the Rams because that division is terrible. Sammy B is legit and the defense will continue to improve under Steve Spags

Thoughts?

McRocks
02-07-2011, 11:36 PM
The Lions they play in a tough division, but I can see them making a playoff appearance.

Disrespected
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I won't be surprised at all if the giants go to the SB in 2011-2012

SRSmiscerIZsrs
02-07-2011, 11:45 PM

agree...bradshaw holds onto the ball, the wrs dont get hurt, and jacobs runs like the man beast from 2007

*DH*
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Cardinals will be back in it in the next 2-3 years.

OH10
02-08-2011, 12:24 AM
browns

colt mccoy, peyton hillis, joe haden, tj ward, aj green, montario hardesty

dis sho am good

VTheKing
02-08-2011, 12:36 AM
browns

dis sho am good

If we don't get any key injuries we might actually have a shot at a wild card berth... that would be sho gud

HumptyBrah
02-08-2011, 12:49 AM
browns

dis sho am good
--cavs--browns--buckeyes--

Sherloc
02-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Bills. Maybe the Chiefs if we can pull our **** together.

Be_Easy_25
02-08-2011, 01:36 AM
raiders.

srs.
cant wait to see the look on folks face when we're in the AFC championship game next year.

yea i said it.
book it.

osko0ler
02-08-2011, 01:38 AM
gon be hard with that division. the pack are obviously strong. the bears are going to be hit or miss for the next few years. bears defense isnt getting any younger so idk about them. Vikings are also a wild card with no qb. Lions could do it.

I say the Rams because that division is terrible. Sammy B is legit and the defense will continue to improve under Steve Spags

Thoughts?

I agree with this. Rams for the fKn win. Go Rams!

LostOne287
02-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Not sure if serious. Everyone knows the Lions will be beastly in a year or two. They'll be contending for the division soon.

Gris419
02-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Browns because their president has been to 3 superbowls and won one with Favre. Along with that they have a lot of young talent like Alex Mack (rookie probowler), Joe Thomas (4x probowler), Eric Steinbach, Joe Haden(alternate probowler), T.J. Ward, Peyton Hillis(alternate probowler), Colt McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Josh Cribbs(2x probowler and alternate). Their GM was the Eagles GM and he picked Desean Jackson, Jeremey Maclin etc.

*took the jets to ot
*beat patriots
*beat saints

xSpm-eJglEk

7CbbSLrR54Y

qJ-lxjhVNnc

jL5ZhD861i0

nysports12
02-08-2011, 07:33 AM

this. thought i was the only one that realized that if with no turnovers and good playcalling their really fukin good

MenTaLPiRacY
02-08-2011, 07:56 AM
don't give a damn, Bux!!! 2nd year QB trrollin the QB ratings this year and gifted receivers who can do nothing but get better over the next 5 years. also I think the team age average is 24. shood b fun.. but I also think the lions and 9ers could.

sliksilver
02-08-2011, 08:05 AM
i'd have to go with the rams, mainly because nobody expects that defense to get near playoff-type, but if it does then they will obviously contend as long as bradford and jackson remain great

ChampBrah
02-08-2011, 08:13 AM
OP is retarded.

Bucs did contend this year.

Everyone knows the Lions are an improving team.

I have Cleveland as a surprise winning team this year.

rxBrah
02-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Rams

Especially if they draft a receiver.

FlexGunmetal
02-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I guess no one is talking about the bucs, but everyone is expecting them to contend for the nfcs.

The correct answer is whoever tebow plays for.

blahblahblahh
02-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Rams/Lions.

Even if the Lions don't compete, at least they'll be an exciting team with all of the young talent they have.

That is until Megatron bails when his contract is up so he doesn't have to continue losing anymore or until Stafford shatters some body part...

Zuus
02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
im a die hard browns fan, but I cant see them improving enough to beat pittsburgh and baltimore in the next couple years. their games with the bengals are always tough ones as well.

my pick is rams

Lions are getting good, but they play in tough division
Raiders have average division, but their ownership will screw it up somehow. Al will just draft some track star again this year

rams division is weaksauce, they make ANY improvements this offseason and they are gonna be a 10-11 win team next year

fitnessman
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
im a die hard browns fan, but I cant see them improving enough to beat pittsburgh and baltimore in the next couple years. their games with the bengals are always tough ones as well.

my pick is rams

Lions are getting good, but they play in tough division
Raiders have average division, but their ownership will screw it up somehow. Al will just draft some track star again this year

rams division is weaksauce, they make ANY improvements this offseason and they are gonna be a 10-11 win team next year

From Cleveland and I agree with this post.

Zuus
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM

good, the homerism is strong ITT, guy picks browns above....username.....OH1O

fitnessman
02-08-2011, 10:51 AM
good, the homerism is strong ITT, guy picks browns above....username.....OH1O

This season will almost be a wash for the Browns. Another season with a new head coach and all. They have talent, but they can not get it together to the level pitt and balt are at that fast. 2-3 seasons from now I look for them to be very good.

Really looking at maybe's here I gotta say Rams. Browns/Rams play this year. Will be there :D

joedirt87
02-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say the Redskins, though I will probably look like an idiot at the end of next season. They have a talented defense who suffered a ton of injuries. It's Shanahan's second season so they should be getting his system better. They also have some more draft picks this season that the last. Tough division where both the Cowboys and Giants will bounce back after seasons that did not end well.

LikeAMachine
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
browns

dis sho am good

McCoy looked HORRIBLE those last three games against DIVISION opponents.

Hillis is a good player, he is versatile and tough. He is not a feature back.

Hardesty - two knee surgeries in the past 3 years = do not want

Ward and Haden are the only thing that gives me hope and it was widely understood that Mangini lobbied hard for Ward.

If we don't get any key injuries we might actually have a shot at a wild card berth... that would be sho gud

brb hoping for no injuries.

brb GreenBay Packers

Browns because their president has been to 3 superbowls and won one with Favre. Along with that they have a lot of young talent like Alex Mack (rookie probowler), Joe Thomas (4x probowler), Eric Steinbach, Joe Haden(alternate probowler), T.J. Ward, Peyton Hillis(alternate probowler), Colt McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Josh Cribbs(2x probowler and alternate). Their GM was the Eagles GM and he picked Desean Jackson, Jeremey Maclin etc.

*took the jets to ot
*beat patriots
*beat saints

I see that you are bringing up the marquee wins we had this year, well I hate to burst your bubble but that coach is gone. WE just brought in a bunch of offensive minded coaches and Dick Jauron. While I like Jauron's experience isn't he a 4-3 guy? WE might be changing defenses....AGAIN.....NOT conducive to winning.

Cribbs - this past season more like Cribbs who?

Mack - bonafide stud
Thomas - best in the league
Steinbach - very good, but getting older

I love, love, love what I saw from Billy Yates, before he got hurt he was the most dominant RG I have seen play for the Browns since I was a kid.

WR's - horrible, piss poor sight adjustments, horrible hot reads, bad routes, zero seperation etc. etc. Bringing in AJ Green will not make them do the little things correctly.....

This season will almost be a wash for the Browns. Another season with a new head coach and all. They have talent, but they can not get it together to the level pitt and balt are at that fast. 2-3 seasons from now I look for them to be very good.

Really looking at maybe's here I gotta say Rams. Browns/Rams play this year. Will be there :D

Fair assessment, this years Browns team was the closest I have seen us to being as physical and tough as the two teams you mentioned. We seemed to be a few players away from bing able to "man up" and bang with the two of the toughest temas in the league in balti and pitt. Then of COURSE, we go and blow it all up, bring in offensive coaches.....who knows where we are headed now. I thought, FOR ONCE we finally had an "indentity"......NOPE, now we have a bunch of tough players and brought in an offensive coach.

I just pray Shurmur can put it togther Mike McCarthy style.

I would not say the Browns are ready to surprise anyone, not in our division. I do not beleive in Colt McCoy, I have no idea what we are going to do on defense, we have one of if not the worst offense in the league and the defense isn't much better.

Aquire more playmakers of the likes of Ward and Haden add two or three years, ?????, profit?

We aren't even close.

ChuteBoxeFC
02-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Tampa and if Stafford can stay healthy, Detroit

lovebbing
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
dem Hawks.

yeah I said it OP. you mad??

inb4 Rams fans

fitnessman
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I just pray Shurmur can put it togther Mike McCarthy style.

For now, this is how I view Shurmur:

http://qdb.hu/files/8810_71.swf

Really hope THAT changes :D

liftingson
02-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say the Redskins, though I will probably look like an idiot at the end of next season. They have a talented defense who suffered a ton of injuries. It's Shanahan's second season so they should be getting his system better. They also have some more draft picks this season that the last. Tough division where both the Cowboys and Giants will bounce back after seasons that did not end well.

Hopefully they will pick up a legit nose guard this year to complete Shans 3-4 D.
That and figure out wtf they want to do at the QB position, either let Mcnabb roll another year, or pic up someone..please no Grossman

JaxBrah
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
agree...bradshaw holds onto the ball, the wrs dont get hurt, and jacobs runs like the man beast from 2007

and eli manning throws another 30 picks

RESILIENCY
02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

And 30 touchdowns u mad phaggot

lovebbing
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
And 30 touchdowns u mad phaggot

lol even if my quarterback threw 50 tds, its worthless if hes throwing 3-4 picks every game.

LikeAMachine
02-08-2011, 12:32 PM
For now, this is how I view Shurmur:

http://qdb.hu/files/8810_71.swf

Really hope THAT changes :D

wtfman.jpg

lulz seriously, da fuk?

griepes
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
texans

mag1c
02-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm a browns fan. I predicted the Browns to go 5-11 last season (before the season started in this section)

This season I'm predicting 8-8 or better.

LikeAMachine
02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm a browns fan. I predicted the Browns to go 5-11 last season (before the season started in this section)

This season I'm predicting 8-8 or better.

I said 7-9 this year and after the Kansas City fiasco I knew that dream was shot.

Clives_Bicep
02-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Titans

no VY
no Fisher
Bud Adams is old and will be dead soon
we got a new coach and he just fired the entire coaching staff, cleaning house.

I see a bright future.

LostOne287
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Titans

no VY
no Fisher
Bud Adams is old and will be dead soon
we got a new coach and he just fired the entire coaching staff, cleaning house.

I see a bright future.

Not excited about that one.

jross2021
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM

strong Rams logo in avy

Clives_Bicep
02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Not excited about that one.

I am just for the simple fact of hopefully having a QB that will play an entire season and not get hurt everytime he's touched.

nysports12
02-08-2011, 02:23 PM

if u watched giants game u realized half of those arent his fault

evilsteve02
02-08-2011, 02:55 PM
browns

dis sho am good

Fujita getting hurt is what killed us this year. When he went down...the whole D went to hell. That and Colts limp arm in the cold weather.

mag1c
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
if u watched giants game u realized half of those arent his fault

lol

25 INTs and you're trying to say at least 12 weren't his fault?

May as well send his receivers to the CFL brah.

T2TL
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Do you not listen to the radio? I've heard it conversations on a few stations about the Lions becoming a competitive team and no longer someone you can just count as a win, no one said they're going to be Super Bowl champs next year but come on...they don't stand a chance let us be cereal. The Raiders have also been mentioned many times, many because of Cable being fired or them going 6-0 in the division. Both times it was mentioned they could easily make the playoffs next year. The real three teams I see having a decent shot at the playoffs who didn't make it last year are the Browns, Bucs, and Rams. Not too much of a surprise but two of the three should make it.

rampagefc77
02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
lol

25 INTs and you're trying to say at least 12 weren't his fault?

May as well send his receivers to the CFL brah.

The only circumstances I can see not blaming the QB are 1) hail marys where you are just chuckin it and hoping for the best and 2) situations like when Rodgers hit jennings in stride against the lions when jennings had like 2 steps on the nearest defender and somehow he bobbled it into the arms of the defender.

DNj7G-GF-u4

So painful...

rumpsicle
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the Lions will win at least 9 games this season. That's only if Stafford can stay healthy. That's a big if.

athrun340
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Dolphins.

5x10
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
cowboys :D

MistaO
02-08-2011, 05:35 PM
cowboys :D

These guys ^ Philly and oakland

Although Philly gets it's coverage.

Disrespected
02-08-2011, 05:55 PM

im thinking the redskins have a real shot at #1...

pick in the 2012 draft