PDA

View Full Version : Could My Metabolism Be Better than I Credit it For?

hrg217
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Growing up I was always overweight, despite playing lots of sports and being fairly active. My diet was no by stretch good, but I wouldnt say it was no worse than your average American kids. I had my fruits and veggies, but I also had my chips and ice cream. I always just had the idea that my metab. was worse than my friends who ate the same but were skinny. I finally got sick of being overweight in high school (age 16) and went from over 200 lbs to about 165 lbs, not counting cals but only eating limited quantities of healthy foods. I maintained that weight by still restricting intake of healthy foods for about 2 years. Id say I was eating about 2300 cals a day or less. I then was urged to bulk as my weight got down to 160, and have found that in order to gain any weight I need to eat over 3000 cals. Currently Im doing that and gaining very slowly/possibly not really gaining at all. I lift 4 times a week and do cardio 6 times a week. I have the idea in my head that I have a horrible metabolism and that if I dont strictly monitor food intake then I will become overweight. Im 19 now and am wondering if my metabolism now may have readjusted from when I was younger so that I am actually someone who does have a decent metabolism?

Sorry if this is a little unclear, just ask if you'd like clarification.