PDA

View Full Version : Good thing I sold my SB tix! We were one of the displaced sections!

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Incomplete installation of temporary seats in a limited number of sections made the seats unusable.

Approximately 850 fans with tickets in sections 205A, 215A, 230A, and 240A were affected and were relocated to similar or better seats.

Four hundred (400) fans in sections 425A and 430A were not able to be accommodated with seats inside the stadium. These fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets are $900.

The safety of fans attending the Super Bowl was paramount in making the decision and the NFL, Dallas Cowboys and City of Arlington officials are in agreement with the resolution.

We regret the situation and inconvenience that it may have caused. We will conduct a full review of this matter.

1) Didnt spend 8k (total).
2) Profited 3k
3) Did not spend 8k to see a loss
4) Did not spend 8k to experience this

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f202/ptgenerel/IMG_20110126_151410-1.jpg?t=1297099587

Barry Bonds
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Just curious.

And what did you pay for the tix?

Big7Ben86
02-07-2011, 09:33 AM
told you not to go

:hides:

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Just curious.

And what did you pay for the tix?

Face value. Came through the Steelers.

8k is pretty much what the trip would have cost for the two of us. Flight/hotel packages were over 2k each, then with tickets its about 6k. 2k comes from food, car rental, etc.

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:36 AM
told you not to go

:hides:

Good thing I listened to my gut feeling.

JRRBadBoy4Life
02-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Face value. Came through the Steelers.

8k is pretty much what the trip would have cost for the two of us. Flight/hotel packages were over 2k each, then with tickets its about 6k. 2k comes from food, car rental, etc.

Are those the cheapest seats or close to it? And if you have season tickets then they gave you the rights to buy the SB tickets?

bking10
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
i heard reports this morning that the NFL is also paying for their full trip to next years super bowl in indianapolis. still probably not worth it tho

MusclePrime
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Should have gone bro. Would have been the only championship game you would have seen a Pitts team participating in this year since Crosbys pretty much done until March and maybe the season ;)

Big7Ben86
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Should have gone bro. Would have been the only championship game you would have seen a Pitts team participating in this year since Crosbys pretty much done until March and maybe the season ;)

we gonna act like the pirates arent in pittsburgh?

:rolleyes:

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Are those the cheapest seats or close to it? And if you have season tickets then they gave you the rights to buy the SB tickets?

Im guessing they were the cheapest.

With season tickets you put a deposit in for a lottery. If your name is pulled, you get the tickets. If not, the balance is put towards next season's tickets.

We have club seats, which I would have hoped would give us some sort of priority seating. The first time we ever 'hit' on the ticket lotto, we get the fold out seating. Kind of disappointing...although we really lucked out.

JRRBadBoy4Life
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
i heard reports this morning that the NFL is also paying for their full trip to next years super bowl in indianapolis. still probably not worth it tho

It should be the next super bowl of their choice. I'm sure Packers/Steelers fans would love to see a Seahawks/Dolphins super bowl.

cor030
02-07-2011, 09:43 AM

I just saw this on sports center lol

they said all the people displaced this year will be "guests of the NFL" at next year's super bowl. wonder what that means?

JRRBadBoy4Life
02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Im guessing they were the cheapest.

With season tickets you put a deposit in for a lottery. If your name is pulled, you get the tickets. If not, the balance is put towards next season's tickets.

We have club seats, which I would have hoped would give us some sort of priority seating. The first time we ever 'hit' on the ticket lotto, we get the fold out seating. Kind of disappointing...although we really lucked out.

So you sold them for 3k and the people who bought them get 9k in return for the fukked up seating? So you both made out.

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:45 AM

yea, those seats get SB46 tickets. We sold our tickets on ebay, and the buyer was a ticket broker...who knows where they ended up.

I guess people will have to turn these tickets in to the NFL to be reimbursed.

Should have gone? To stand in line all day? We would have been put in a tent to watch the game.

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
So you sold them for 3k and the people who bought them get 9k in return for the fukked up seating? So you both made out.

its 3x face value. So the people that went get $2400/seat, but that wont even cover the cost of the trip on top of how miserable the experience was.

The people who ended up w/ the tickets probably paid over 5-6k for the pair. The NFL reimbursement likely wont pay for the ticket.

Essentially those people paid 4-5 grand to sit in a tent and get tickets to next years Super Bowl.

GetBigyo
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
How did you get the tickets in the first place? Stubhub?

BarlesCharkley
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM

ppl that got screwed got 3x FACE value 800x3= $2400 , so those ppl got fukced

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 09:53 AM
How did you get the tickets in the first place? Stubhub?

We have season tickets

ppl that got screwed got 3x FACE value 800x3= $2400 , so those ppl got fukced

that 2400 likely wont cover the cost of what they paid for them. We sold our for just under 3x, and those seats exchanged hands once more. You know the ticket broker did not take a loss.

JTrain306
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
do you even realize what this thread is about?

MusclePrime
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
do you even realize what this thread is about?

Meant as a joke phaggot.

Greg1983
02-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Happy now that everyone gets SB 46 tickets?

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Happy now that everyone gets SB 46 tickets?

heck no!

just because they give you morphine after getting shanked doesnt mean its worth getting shanked again.

rampagefc77
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
heck no!

just because they give you morphine after getting shanked doesnt mean its worth getting shanked again.

Could have gotten 3x the price of the ticket AND solid next years ticket...

profit?

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Could have gotten 3x the price of the ticket AND solid next years ticket...

profit?

3x face value, not purchase price. plus that 2400 was lost on traveling expenses.

you would need to sell next year's tickets just to break even.

Gladiatorbrah
02-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Whoever gets the tickets still got a free trip to Dallas if they can sell the tickets next year.

Hell even being out there in the cold in a tent would still be better than living in Pittsburgh.

matiemcgee123
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
The people still got 2400, a free ticket to the game, food, drinks, merchandise. no one got screwed

209vaughn
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
How did you get a ticket? Were you in some sort of lottery system?

feardafronfz3
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
The people still got 2400, a free ticket to the game, food, drinks, merchandise. no one got screwed

Ignoring travel costs??? I'd be pissed as hell if my team made the Super Bowl and I spent thousands of dollars in airfare, lodging, and other expenses only to have the NFL screw up the seating arrangement and therefore have to watch the game in a tent.

But hey, I guess playing on the field after the game makes it all worth it. facepalm.jpg

KingCanuck
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Ignoring travel costs??? I'd be pissed as hell if my team made the Super Bowl and I spent thousands of dollars in airfare, lodging, and other expenses only to have the NFL screw up the seating arrangement and therefore have to watch the game in a tent.

But hey, I guess playing on the field after the game makes it all worth it. facepalm.jpg

Good thing you won't ever have to worry about that.

thegenerel
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM

It cost them:

3k/ticket
2k travel costs
1-2k in other expenses

just to get 2400, a small pepsi, and a cold hot dog?

no one made a profit here.

How did you get a ticket? Were you in some sort of lottery system?

season ticket holder lottery.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
jakes on you...

those people got there money back and were even given 3x the face value.
they also got to watch the game in standing room
they also got to go on the field after the game
they also get to go next year for free

your trip would've been free and you would get another one next year. lol