PDA

View Full Version : Hitting a Plateau in Weight Gain

DMRed
02-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I've been working out for just about a year and a half now.

I began trying to get rid of fat doing weights and cardio 3-4 times a week to cut down and it worked great for me.

After about the first 6 months I started trying to bulk up in muscle while maintaining the same level of bodyfat. It obviously isn't as easy as bulking and cutting, but I feel like my own personal tendencies preventing me to from guilt-free eating as much as possible.

Getting to now, I try to eat as much as possible (I eat very clean) but sometimes I feel like I'm too stressed about my diet and making sure I don't eat too much fat or eat too much in general.

I don't have an eating disorder, but it is definitely preventing me from being able to progress in terms of gaining mass.

Kind of just looking for some tips here on how much I should be eating and if I'm just over thinking all of the dieting aspect of this.

I work out 4 times a week, doing all muscle groups and want to start bringing cardio back into it but I don't eat enough to justify that at the moment.

SEANxALLxDAY
02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

LBsomeIron
02-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Where is the question???

My head hurts.

If you want to put on size, you need to eat more.

If you are so focused on keeping your bf down, you'll fail. I promise.

DMRed
02-06-2011, 07:58 PM
The question was essentially am I over thinking the diet too much and hurting my own progress?

But, you pretty much got that anyways.

lovingit
02-06-2011, 08:00 PM
The question was essentially am I over thinking the diet too much and hurting my own progress?

Yes.

If you want to grow - man up and eat. It can't get any simpler than that.

SideSteal
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes.

If you want to grow - man up and eat. It can't get any simpler than that.

No hate to the OP by any means, but having a chick telling a dude to man up and eat is really funny. LOL'd

I'll go back under my rock now.

AlwaysTryin
02-06-2011, 08:34 PM
No hate to the OP by any means, but having a chick telling a dude to man up and eat is really funny. LOL'd

I'll go back under my rock now.

It's funny because it's true lol

Joseph1990
02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Hitting a Plateau in Weight Gain

Only read the title. Eat moar.