PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice For Routine - Eating, & Supplements!

JRHirschfelt
02-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Hello. This is obviously the first time I've posted on the Body Building forums, although I've been using the site for roughly a year or so. At first, I was just trying to gain weight without really attempting to work out (6", 140lbs - Pretty damn skinny) as I have a very high metabolism, a physically demanding job (which made me think that doing the exercises would do me more harm than good) and just wanted to gain a bit of weight. And by bit, I mean 20lbs.

Anyway, I began Starting Strength a few months ago, but quickly had to get rid of everything in the program except for the Bench Press due to breaking my foot in six places at work. It's fully healed now, and I want to start again. But I want to start strong and go forward with everything (I mean in general, not starting at 150lb bench press and what-not). I don't expect to see huge gains fast, but in the last year, I've gained like 5lbs, and it's really discouraging. It drives me crazy.

I need a good meal routine for a full-time second shift job, with two ten minute breaks (4:30pm and 9:00pm) and a lunch/dinner break (6:30pm). Six meals a day, needing roughly 4000 calories in a 40 Pro/40 Carb/20 Fat ratio. Or whatever would be recommended to me. This right here is my major problem, as I can't find the time to eat, and I don't know what to eat. I really have no idea what to eat.

So basically, I'm looking for help on a diet that will help me bulk up a bit. I know I'm going to gain fat doing this, and that's fine (though the only thing I'm rather happy about right now is that I can see my abs really well... when I cough... lol? Why is that? How can I make them more defined in general?), but I really do need some kind of help with this, as I've failed completely on my own.

I was thinking something like this:

11:00am - Creatine/3 Fish Oil/Opti-men/Bowl of Frosted Flakes
11:15am - Begin workout routine on Mon/Wed/Fri
12:00pm - 1/2 serving Serious Mass
4:30pm - Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
6:30pm - ??? - Usually leftovers from dinner or fast food, so this obviously needs adjusted
9:00pm - 1/2 serving Serious Mass
11:30pm - Dinner - Pretty much random. A good meal plan for lunch/dinner is really what I need.

That's six meals, and around 4000 calories. But I'm sure it's not healthy at all, especially when the main two meals aren't even defined at all. I would like to get rid of the weight gainer altogether, but it's a simple meal and I'm not sure what to replace it with. I just have a lot of trouble with this.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I just need some kind of basic eating guide and suggestions when adjusting it. And I'm open to pretty much any kind of suggestion. Thanks so much.

SEANxALLxDAY
02-06-2011, 07:52 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

cakoenig
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
oneresult.com

there is a form that is on there where you can put in some info about yourself (height, weight, etc.) and it'll give you a workout plan and diet. stick to it, push yourself, and you will be gaining easy.

AlwaysTryin
02-06-2011, 08:36 PM
All I'm going to say is meal frequency is irrelevant, 1, 6, 10 meals a fat it doesn't matter and ignore ratios, requirements are based on weight