PDA

View Full Version : Blood works help

Blindboyx10
01-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Ive heard that you can get some sort of blood works done to see exactly what nutrients,minerals etc is missing from your diet.
Does anybody know if this is worth while doing? If so what is the proper term for it and where can you get it done?

Juleskoda6
01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Ive heard that you can get some sort of blood works done to see exactly what nutrients,minerals etc is missing from your diet.
Does anybody know if this is worth while doing? If so what is the proper term for it and where can you get it done?

I believe that you can actually go to a naturopath and they usually have you take that type of test, though I'm not sure what it's called.

Jenc1125
01-28-2011, 09:32 PM
You can test for any vitamin, and any mineral. But it'll cost ya, as I doubt that your insurance (If you have it) will just cover random tests that you request unless there is a medical necessity, and specific symptoms rather than just a curiosity on your part. Many of these tests (other than iron, calcium, magnesium and a few others) are sent out to reference laboratories, which of course adds to the cost.

AllFapInsurance
01-28-2011, 09:35 PM
You can test for any vitamin, and any mineral. But it'll cost ya, as I doubt that your insurance (If you have it) will just cover random tests that you request unless there is a medical necessity, and specific symptoms rather than just a curiosity on your part. Many of these tests (other than iron, calcium, magnesium and a few others) are sent out to reference laboratories, which of course adds to the cost.

^^^^This

OP, just get a cbc (complete blood count) done if you're worried about general health and the levels of the important stuff in your blood. That will at least tell you if your kidneys, liver, thyroid, etc are in good order or not.

SolidSteel86
01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Take a multivitamin, eat fruit, eat veggies, DONE. Don't try to major in the minors, focus on the **** that matters like overall calories, good food choices and if your diet's even working for you.