PDA

View Full Version : Most depressed pro football cities

Clives_Bicep
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflblitz/philadelphia_atlanta_top_list_of_F5PS3iFsWH9g3tMpi 88ysI?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

1. Philadelphia

2. Atlanta

3. Cincinnati

4. Houston

5. San Diego

6. Detroit

7. Jacksonville

8. Cleveland

9. Charlotte

10. Seattle

11. Phoenix

12. Buffalo

13. Nashville

14. Minneapolis

interesting... I would have put Buffalo at #1 and Detroit at #2

DiscipIine
01-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Detroit's been improving the ladt two years and have an offense thats about to turn pretty good.

Buffalo's just consistently mediocre, althoguh in the 80-90's they must've been the number 1 most depressed city lmao, 4 super bowls 4 losses

deeezyyy
01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
holy shiet i forgot buffalo even had a dam football team

you know your a terrible franchise when people forget about you.

cramron
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
chicago cubs, chitty football team and the ghost of Mj lurking

cor030
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
uhh what

Falcons and Eagles field a good team pretty much every season. The Lions and Bills haven't seen the playoffs in over a decade. The Texans have never even made the playoffs(I think).

no way in hell the Eagles fans should be depressed lol

JolietKev
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
It depends on how you would define depression. Buffalo made many trips to the SB, but could not close the deal. Philly won a SB and attended another. What has Detroit done? The Browns? The Browns fans actually lost their franchise and then had that same team win the SB. I would have to say that they have had it the worst.

Pern
01-25-2011, 05:36 PM
I'd put Cleveland #1 just for having to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl again.

Gator1010
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
no washington dc/maryland(washington redskins) your list is invalid

Clives_Bicep
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
uhh what

Falcons and Eagles field a good team pretty much every season. The Lions and Bills haven't seen the playoffs in over a decade. The Texans have never even made the playoffs(I think).

I would think the eagles because they have a competitive team every year, yet always falls short of winning the SB

Ralph Wiggum
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
uhh what

It's because we have zero Super Bowl wins.

.MANoWAR.
01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
makes sense i guess.

Philadelphia has never won a Super Bowl. plus, in the past decade, we've been to 5 NFC championship games and 1 Super Bowl appearance but still no Super Bowl victory. fielding a top team year after year but never pushing over the last hump to win it all

cor030
01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
I would think the eagles because they have a competitive team every year, yet always falls short of winning the SB

It's because we have zero Super Bowl wins.

The Lions have never even seen a Super Bowl.

Fielding a competitive team every season, giving the fans at least 9 or 10 wins a season(including several playoff wins) is a lot better than winning a few games a season and never making the playoffs lol.

just sayin!

Lugie
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Miami Dolphins

Clives_Bicep
01-25-2011, 05:51 PM

Fielding a competitive team every season, giving the fans at least 9 or 10 wins a season(including several playoff wins) is a lot better than winning a few games a season and never making the playoffs lol.

just sayin!

nah lions fans are just used to it and never get their hopes up, so they have no reason to be depressed.

TheDude1987
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM

just sayin!

When you're consistently terrible, that becomes your mindset as a fan and you more or less stop caring.

When you're always on the verge of greatness and repeatedly fail, you become depressed.

At least that's my theory.

zi99y
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
uhh what

Really? Falcons have improved a lot within the last decade, but they don't have all that many winning seasons. In fact, last year was the first time they ever posted consecutive winning seasons since the franchise was established over 40 years ago.

charity4thepoor
01-25-2011, 06:29 PM
coming in strong at #7 fukk yeah

theACEofSPADES
01-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Philly shouldn't be #1, the Eagles actually have winning seasons, cities like Cleveland, Buffalo, Cinci, etc should be up there

BuffR1
01-25-2011, 06:35 PM
holy shiet i forgot buffalo even had a dam football team

you know your a terrible franchise when people forget about you.

NEGGED

Not really i am a season ticket holder and i usally forget we have a team by week 8 or so.

mag1c
01-25-2011, 06:41 PM
browns fan.

I'd be #1 most depressed before this season.

Now maybe #15.

A lot of Browns fan always say, "this will be our year"

I've never said that. I've gone in expecting 5-11 every year. For the first time I'm very optimistic. I'm going in expecting at least 8-8 and hoping for the playoffs.

SwagMorris
01-25-2011, 06:50 PM
From Charlotte. Not depressed about ****.

N.W.A
01-25-2011, 07:07 PM
I can see how San Diegans are desperately in need of a championship but to be honest I wouldnt say we're depressed. We do live in Americas Finest City afterall.

GeorgeCarlinJr
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
I can see how San Diegans are desperately in need of a championship but to be honest I wouldnt say we're depressed. We do live in Americas Finest City afterall.

This.

Oh whats that? The chargers underachieved/went one and done in the playoffs again? oh well, brb beach in perfect 70 degree weather or little over an hour drive to go snowboarding

I ain't even mad

MontelWilliams
01-25-2011, 07:18 PM
browns fan.

I'd be #1 most depressed before this season.

Now maybe #15.

A lot of Browns fan always say, "this will be our year"

I've never said that. I've gone in expecting 5-11 every year. For the first time I'm very optimistic. I'm going in expecting at least 8-8 and hoping for the playoffs.

this. I only see the team getting better so there is some optimism