PDA

View Full Version : Is eating unhealthy better than not eating?

EnriqueDeLeon
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Lets say I don't have anything to eat at work besides a burger. Do I eat it to stay anabolic or just wait another 4 hours & risk catabolic mode?

I try to eat as clean as possible but sometimes I run out of food & only have the regular goods around the house or work.

Any tips? Suggestions

lee__d
01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Lets say I don't have anything to eat at work besides a burger. Do I eat it to stay anabolic or just wait another 4 hours & risk catabolic mode?

I try to eat as clean as possible but sometimes I run out of food & only have the regular goods around the house or work.

Any tips? Suggestions

ur not risking going catabolic in 4 hrs w/o eating.

that said, what's wrong with a burger?

hankst
01-24-2011, 08:48 AM
How did you survive so long? How is it possible to get to 22 this way?

EnriqueDeLeon
01-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Well, it's just a regular burger.
Ya know? Like, saturated fat, preservatives, etc.

Plus, 4 hours is a lot when you're trying to eat every 4 hours

lee__d
01-24-2011, 08:51 AM

just eat more at ur next meal...

joelash302
01-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Thread is heading in a poor direction.

Melamed
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
How do you define unhealthy food?
Whats wrong with burger? why do you think its unhealthy?

NaLLa8705
01-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Pack a snack if you find it necessary to eat so often. Nuts/jerky ect.

You dont NEED to eat every four hours, if thats your choice, pack a snack or eat the burger, fit it into your macros.

Your not gonna hurt your gains/body by not eating for 4 hours, or 8 hours... Get your macros in before or after work.

jcloco
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd say a burger is healthy comparable to ice cream or donuts, its got plenty of protein anyway, I really dont know why you think a burger is bad considering your obviously bulking

EnriqueDeLeon
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
How do you define unhealthy food?
Whats wrong with burger? why do you think its unhealthy?

Well, anything with an excess of something. Like too much fat, too much sugar, etc.
The burgers at school are not made with extra lean beef so I know I'm getting at least 20g of fat (mostly saturated).

Melamed
01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Fat is good thing and its necessary.
Eat this burger, you will be fine.

EnriqueDeLeon
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Fat is good thing and its necessary.
Eat this burger, you will be fine.

yeah, I'll definitely eat it!
Thanks for the advice everyone!

jcloco
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
I really dont get it, who cares anyway your bulking for gods sake, fat is good for testosterone production anyway, just eat the goddamn burger

Melamed
01-24-2011, 09:08 AM
I really dont get it, who cares anyway your bulking for gods sake, fat is good for testosterone production anyway, just eat the goddamn burger

I'd add to this burger a puffy bun with veegis and ketchup!!
Damn tasty meal with all the essential food elements =]

MajorTwang
01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Really Dude, you're worrying too much about things that don't matter.

Every year that clinicians understand the risk factors of cardiovascular disease better, the role of saturated fat in the diet slips further & further down the list. Your main risk factors are genetics, smoking, stress, obesity & inactivity. A few extra grams of saturated fat in your diet will increase your risk of CVD by the square root of fcuk all.

Having said that, I avoid animal fat - not because I'm scared of it, but because it knocks me sick. I can quite happily fry eggs in butter, but fatty meat makes me want to heave. I would cope with your problem by taking advantage of intermittent fasting, and waiting till I got access to food I really want to eat.

Good studies have shown that muscle catabolism takes days to get going - not hours, and the first thing the body does when protein does arrive is to make good any loss.

synthetic
01-24-2011, 11:15 AM
if you must eat drop the buns and load up on pickles/tomatoes/lettuce. The bread is more processed than the meat usually

vinipitta
01-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Not saying that is your case. Just to you be aware of where this behavior can lead you, buddy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa

Search about clean foods threads and how this is a subjective concept. You will see a lot of good contributions from very wise forum members.

Anyway, MajorTwang already cleared this for you.

Razor Beast
01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
If you are hungry eat. Just lay off the fries/soda garbage and readjust your meals to hit your macro targets the rest of the day. A burger or chicken sandwich won't derail you.

EnriqueDeLeon
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Awesome feedback!
Thanks everyone!

BookMonkey
01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Starving vs taking in calories needed to live.

Tough choice.