PDA

View Full Version : Help me lose weight! Im about to give up!

mr.kimbo
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok my whole life ive always been the fat kid im tired of it now im 22 ,im 5'10 & 1/2 and i weigh 250lbs im willing to do what it takes to lose it i want to start lifting weights but my first goal is to drop to 200lbs to have a good base for mucsle ....i need help on a diet meal plan for the week ! thats the problem im haveing is finding things to eat ! and how many calories should i eat per day!

plz help me turn my life around!

bakyhama
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, at this point in time, losing weight is going to be really simple.

Move more, eat less.

If you want to get technical and count calories or something, I'd shoot for around 2200 to start per day and work from there. As for what to eat, that is also very simple.

Get in 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass. For you, I'd say 150 to 180g would be more than sufficient. Get in 0.4 - 0.5g of fat per lb of lean body mass. For you, that would be 60 - 90g should suffice. Apart from that, you can practically eat whatever you want and lose fat as long as you're in a caloric deficit. Eventually you'll want to start eating good, "healthy" foods, but for right now, it will be easier to just take what you normally eat and cut the portions.

If you don't want to count calories, do this: cut all your normal meals in half and try to eat protein rich foods like chicken, tuna, eggs. Supplement with protein powder if you need to.

Don't wait to lift weights, start now. There's absolutely no reason not to.

If you're good with your portions, you'll cut a lot of weight quickly at first, but then it will slow down. Don't get discouraged. The leaner you get, the harder it will be to get the weight off. But for right now, don't even think of 6 pack abs or veins popping out. Just eat less, a lot less, and move more.

I can give you much more detailed advice if you show us what you eat and do in a normal day, but for now, what I've said is the most fundamental advice I have.

SOJA
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.livestrong.com/

alex2363
01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Well, at this point in time, losing weight is going to be really simple.

Move more, eat less.

If you want to get technical and count calories or something, I'd shoot for around 2200 to start per day and work from there. As for what to eat, that is also very simple.

Get in 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass. For you, I'd say 150 to 180g would be more than sufficient. Get in 0.4 - 0.5g of fat per lb of lean body mass. For you, that would be 60 - 90g should suffice. Apart from that, you can practically eat whatever you want and lose fat as long as you're in a caloric deficit. Eventually you'll want to start eating good, "healthy" foods, but for right now, it will be easier to just take what you normally eat and cut the portions.

If you don't want to count calories, do this: cut all your normal meals in half and try to eat protein rich foods like chicken, tuna, eggs. Supplement with protein powder if you need to.

Don't wait to lift weights, start now. There's absolutely no reason not to.

If you're good with your portions, you'll cut a lot of weight quickly at first, but then it will slow down. Don't get discouraged. The leaner you get, the harder it will be to get the weight off. But for right now, don't even think of 6 pack abs or veins popping out. Just eat less, a lot less, and move more.

I can give you much more detailed advice if you show us what you eat and do in a normal day, but for now, what I've said is the most fundamental advice I have.

http://www.livestrong.com/

wat they said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, and just be patient, it took you 22 years to be this way, a few months aint ganna kill ya...be patient and go for it..i did.hehe

mr.kimbo
01-24-2011, 03:28 PM
thanks people!

mr.kimbo
08-21-2011, 07:22 PM
well im going to update this thread and say im almost there ,sure its not alot of weight lost but i went from 253 down to 224 so i lost 29 pounds so far ...24 more pounds till i reach my 200 pound goal ...i have some belly fat is there i want some ABSSSSSSS

TXguy33
08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
well im going to update this thread and say im almost there ,sure its not alot of weight lost but i went from 253 down to 224 so i lost 29 pounds so far ...24 more pounds till i reach my 200 pound goal ...i have some belly fat is there i want some ABSSSSSSS

Good job man! Keep it up! It will take a lot of time and hard work, but you will see those abs before you know it.

ciscoford
08-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Keep it up! Good work.

BigGuyC
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Don't give up! You can do it.

mr.kimbo
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Don't give up! You can do it.

im down to 215 now!!!!! omg i feel great! 10 more pounds then its heavy weights!

ciscoford
10-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Great job!

HeavyMetalLover
10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
You haven't even start and yet you already wanted to give up? Better find a better motivation!

Read the stickies. At your stats, it should be easy to lose weight.

mr.kimbo
10-07-2011, 05:52 PM
You haven't even start and yet you already wanted to give up? Better find a better motivation!

Read the stickies. At your stats, it should be easy to lose weight.

im not giveing up hell no! lol im down to 215 from 250 ............15 more pounds to go!

HeavyMetalLover
10-07-2011, 06:04 PM
im not giveing up hell no! lol im down to 215 from 250 ............15 more pounds to go!

Owh sorry for the misunderstanding :p.

Do you have a before and after pics? Take a look for yourself. It did help me with my motivation :D

Khabaal
10-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Keep it up. That's a significant amount of weight loss in less than a year.

dbuds87
10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
bro, whatever you do don't give up. I used to be in a fairly similar situation as yours and felt like quitting numerous times because I wasn't making any progress. to summarize fairly simply what Ive learned in terms of loosing weight
- if you're not loosing weight your eating too much, can't stress this enough.
- focus on main compound lifts like squats, deads, bench, pull ups, shoulder press, then add in others at your discretion
- cardio helps a ton, i like elliptical or swimming cause its easy on the knees and burns a lot of calories (doing cardio first thing in the morn or after working out works best)
- i loose weight the best when im eating less then 100 grams of carbs a day with refeeds when needed (about every 10 days for me)
- take progress pics fairly regularly, helps alot with motivation and gauging progress
- cut out the crap food as much as possible, best way is to not buy any of the sh!t in the first place
- try to only eat and drink on special occasions
- search different bodybuilding nutrition and training boards in your spare time, there's a wealth of info out there for you at your disposal and will take out the guess work

my sample cutting meal plan:
meal 1:
2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites
1/3 cup of oatmeal measured dry
a couple of those 35 calorie pack yogurts

meal 2:
couple fish fillets cooked with a bit of olive oil
salad

preworkout:
medium sized sweet potatoe
chicken/ fish/ eggs (whatever i feel like)
veggies

peice of fruit/ oatmeal/ sweetpotatoe

meal 5:
chicken or beef
salad and maybe sweet potatoe
yogurt

prebed:
cottage cheese and blueberries/ greek yogurt/ casien protein shake for some slow digesting protein

the road to aesthetics is a long one bro, hell even i have a long ways to go but it will sure as hell be worth it in the end

edit: just realized my post may have been in vain bc you seem to progressing very well, good job bro

paulsheerin
10-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Dont give up.

Three months i joined the gym and started eating differently.i didnt change what i ate really. I just stopped eating junk food.i eat every three hours.

I go to the gym almost every day doing my full workout routine every second day and just cardio every other day.

It was hard during the first 2-3weeks.then i started that my clothes started to fit me better.my breathing was better.i wasnt as tired as i usually was.

Its been 3 months now and my waist has gone from 40" to 34"
My whole body is slimmer. My stomach is slowly shrinking,but it is definately gettting smaller.that was the ine thing that annoyed me for weeks.i was getting slimmer but my stomach wasnt changing.its starting to now.i read that the stomach is the hardest place to lose far anyway.so dont worry about it

People are starting to notice now and i must say it feels great to be
complemented...

I never thought i would get to this point.
This time last year i was really fat,depressed,lazy

Now,im seeing results,happier and i LOVE going to the gym.its the best thing i ever did!!

Ill just say it again...dont give up.stick with it.you will get the results you want.no doubt about it

I hope this helps :)

I was in your shoes.i never thought i could do this....stick with it.trust me....you WILL see results gaurenteed!!!!

SugarDoll
10-09-2011, 11:51 PM

Congratulations! You will reach your goal!

Dont give up.

....you WILL see results gaurenteed!!!!

Very nice motivation, you guys are great!

bro, whatever you do don't give up... good job bro Great job at passing on your knowledge. This is wonderful to read!