PDA

View Full Version : You can beat Manning, you can beat brady, but you'll never beat Big Ben

Big7Ben86
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
go steelers ;)

bben147a
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
manning's team will let him down
brady will **** up
but big ben will always get bailed out by his team

Big7Ben86
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
brady will **** up

like last superbowl when the defense gave up a long touchdown and ben marched down the field?

CarpeD1em500
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Strong user name to sig quote ratio

Big7Ben86
01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Strong user name to sig quote ratio

strong avatar

Your Dad
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Strong sexual orientation.

its50
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
like last superbowl when the defense gave up a long touchdown and ben marched down the field?

against Arizona.

Calm down.

Big7Ben86
01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
against Arizona.

Calm down.

its not like they were a superbowl team or anything

lets discredit brady for beating the eagles then and only give him 2 rings

1GGY
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
against Arizona.

Calm down.

You know Arizona didn't get to the Super Bowl by losing playoff games right?

Some people... Shame...

its50
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM

You know Arizona didn't get to the Super Bowl by losing playoff games right?

Some people... Shame...

It was their offense that brought them to the superbowl. Their defense was laughable.

Benchencurlen
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM

and Carolina.

Big7Ben86
01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
It was their offense that brought them to the superbowl. Their defense was laughable.

watch the last 4 minutes of that game.

Sick96stang
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Lets be reality the Steelers won that game in spite of Big Ben being on the field. Mendenhall won that game for them more than Big Ben did.

SpataBomb1
01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
in the results matter and Brady has 3 rings and Ben has 2 going on 3

Haters gon Hate

JKS4
01-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Rashard beat....it up

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MendenhallHump.gif

Pern
01-24-2011, 08:35 AM
against Arizona.

Calm down.

Steelers in the Super Bowl after you picked them to finish 3rd in the AFC North.

You mad.

Sick96stang
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
in the results matter and Brady has 3 rings and Ben has 2 going on 3

Haters gon Hate

Strong flawed logic.

thecheezman
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM

that was a good drive, but lets be srs. cardinals d was a joke. and that 64yd td catch was from warner to fitzgerald. not like theyre scrubs or anything

Pern
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Cardinals Defense was actually pretty good. Definitely not short of talented playmakers that seemed to always be around the ball.

Dockett, Dansby, Rolle, Rodgers-Cromartie...pretty sure they were all Pro-Bowlers that year.

Fanatikk
01-24-2011, 09:03 AM
No, the Jets beat the Patriots and the Colts, and lost to the Steelers. It's not like Ben was this dominant player compared to Manning and Brady against the Jets. As a matter of fact, he had a horrific game statistically, but he did come through in the end.

And I've heard how bad the Steelers Oline is on here, but I haven't watched many Steeler games. I watched the game last night and their line looked great. I'd take that line in Indy, any day. From what I saw, Ben does hold the ball an aweful long time. Which is okay, because he's excellent at getting out of the pocket, avoiding sacks, and making plays... but that line looked good pass blocking and run blocking.

buckeyenutz
01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Bengals fan; but, a little YouTube vid I made for the Steelers' fans in the Sports Section (per request)...

YBmKQdv3G5c&feature

No Jets hate...

Big_Pete1000
01-24-2011, 09:21 AM

Or when James harrison turned a half ending kurt warner TD into a steelers TD.

Without getting a defensive TD every game steelers lose that superbowl and yesterday.

Big7Ben86
01-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Lets be reality the Steelers won that game in spite of Big Ben being on the field. Mendenhall won that game for them more than Big Ben did.

not really. he made a ton of plays that game and his only bad throw was the second INT which pinned the jets back anyway. had he not thrown his first pick and had mendenhall scored on that pass instead of falling at the 1 his rating would have been decent. also the 3rd and 12 he converted earlier in the game after getting kneed in the thigh was a huge momentum boost.

and that conversion at the end on 3rd down, kind of crucial.

not his fault his team went up 24-0 and he didnt have to air it out.

GPx
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM
not really. he made a ton of plays that game and his only bad throw was the second INT which pinned the jets back anyway. had he not thrown his first pick and had mendenhall scored on that pass instead of falling at the 1 his rating would have been decent. also the 3rd and 12 he converted earlier in the game after getting kneed in the thigh was a huge momentum boost.

lol homerism at it's finest. It could have EASILY been 4 interceptions if the Jets didn't drop the presents Ben gave them.

Face it, Berger didn't play well yesterday. Brady and Manning outplayed him but they didn't have great defenses to bail them out .

(real talk is real)

BeanieWells
01-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Brady, Brees and Manning all would've got blown out yesterday if they put out that kind of performance on their teams.

Big7Ben86
01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
lol homerism at it's finest

If Big Ben didn't have that defense he'd be sitting at home right now and probably would 0 rings.

198 attempts without and INT

high playoff qb rating

never scored less than 27 points in a playoff loss

played out of his mind last week against the ravens

i guess you ignored the fact yesterday that the steelers went up 24-0 early before ben needed to do much which is why his stats werent excellent like all his other playoff games

hell, brady and manning wouldnt have a ring if they never got bailed out. see how it works?

GPx
01-24-2011, 01:20 PM

high playoff qb rating

i guess you ignored the fact yesterday that the steelers went up 24-0 early before ben needed to do much which is why his stats werent excellent like all his other playoff games

hell, brady and manning wouldnt have a ring if they never got bailed out. see how it works?

Last week = this week?

The Ravens had a terribly overrated defense and their pass defense is a joke. Also, read my edit. Not sure what you're arguing...you're a complete moron if you think Roethlisberger played well yesterday. Could have and should have been 4 interceptions yesterday. Thankfully Mendenhall and the defense saved the day.

Pern
01-24-2011, 01:20 PM
lol homerism at it's finest. It could have EASILY been 4 interceptions if the Jets didn't drop the presents Ben gave them.

Face it, Berger didn't play well yesterday. Brady and Manning outplayed him but they didn't have great defenses to bail them out .

(real talk is real)

No offense, but you are one dumb motherf*cker.

GPx
01-24-2011, 01:24 PM
No offense, but you are one dumb motherf*cker.

You must be a Steelers fan.

Hey genius, please point out which part of my post isn't the truth.

its50
01-24-2011, 01:39 PM
You must be a Steelers fan.

Hey genius, please point out which part of my post isn't the truth.

He must be.

He remembered what place I picked Steelers would finish from 6 months ago lol

CarpeD1em500
01-24-2011, 02:58 PM
strong avatar

afraid to show face / 10

Big7Ben86
01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Last week = this week?

The Ravens had a terribly overrated defense and their pass defense is a joke. Also, read my edit. Not sure what you're arguing...you're a complete moron if you think Roethlisberger played well yesterday. Could have and should have been 4 interceptions yesterday. Thankfully Mendenhall and the defense saved the day.

ok. so rodgers is a bad qb too because he had a low rating yesterday? ben made alot of plays that game, was around 10 for 19 at one point which is all he really needed because we were up 24-0. you said he should have 4 picks? ok... his first pick wasnt even his fault and the jets didnt have any clear cut drops. have fun watching him in the superbowl against a packers team who he beat last year when his defense CLEARLY bailed him out.

SteelSS
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
i have enjoyed watching the steelers this year

PatrickBateman1
01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
brady will **** up

Rashard beat....it up

Game management and consistency are huuuuge... but the main thing is that Big Ben doesn't make game-breaking mistakes. You win by not making mistakes and playing the game as a team player and that's what he does. Is he the best in the NFL? No, I don't believe so, but he's damn good and he's effective.

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MendenhallHump.gif

lolllllllllll!!! Was waiting to see that... f*cking hilarious. Rashard be trollin.

Sick96stang
01-24-2011, 06:10 PM

It his fault though he only completed 52.6% of his passes, it is also his fault he threw both those INT's. You don't throw a high pass to your running back in traffic and expect good things to happen. At absolute best his game was average. No Ben hate he's a top 5 QB in the NFL but last game was not good by any stretch for him.

DominantSpecies
01-24-2011, 06:33 PM
It his fault though he only completed 52.6% of his passes, it is also his fault he threw both those INT's. You don't throw a high pass to your running back in traffic and expect good things to happen. At absolute best his game was average. No Ben hate he's a top 5 QB in the NFL but last game was not good by any stretch for him.

average??

he had 2 fumbles (1 Lost), 2 INTs, 3 total turnovers, a safety, a 35 passer rating and 133 total yards in the game

he had an absolutely horrendous game. Pittsburg won in spite of him, not because of Big Ben

Pern
01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
average??

he had 2 fumbles (1 Lost), 2 INTs, 3 total turnovers, a safety, a 35 passer rating and 133 total yards in the game

he had an absolutely horrendous game. Pittsburg won in spite of him, not because of Big Ben

Pretty sure the Steelers only had 2 turnovers.

kethnaab
01-24-2011, 06:56 PM
9 of his 10 passes were for first downs. 4 of his 6 scrambles were for 1st downs, a 4th was for a TD

He certainly didn't do much to satisfy the stat whores and he was off on his passing for much of the game.

Sick96stang
01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
he was off on his passing for much of the game.

Considering that's the QB's main job I'd say it's pretty important.

Sick96stang
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
average??

That's why I said at absolute best it was average but he got the win and after all the QB does everything so if the team wins it was all the doing of the QB.

DominantSpecies
01-24-2011, 07:35 PM
all the QB does everything so if the team wins it was all the doing of the QB.

exactly bro

Steeler's defense dominating - all Roethlisberger
Steelers getting 166 yards rushing - all Roethlisberger

seriously most of you morons on this site would take Roethlisberger's performance over Bree's 400 yard 2 TD performance simply because Roethlisberger won the game (let's just ignore the fact that Brees had no rushing game or defense, he should have been out there and running the ball himself and stopping the run of the seahawks)

lovebbing
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM

every great player has done something great at least once.....

alot of people can do that. they just dont get the chance.....

Big7Ben86
01-24-2011, 09:28 PM

not saying he had a good game, but he made alot of crucial plays and did enough to win, he has proved down the line hes a great playoff qb and still was part of the steelers past win.

kethnaab
01-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Considering that's the QB's main job I'd say it's pretty important.

agreed thoroughly, but like I said, he still produced something like 13 first downs. He didn't rack up the stats but he made them count.

definitely not his best game, and he had better be on top of his game because Aaron Rodgers is not Mark Sanchez.

IawI
01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Ben Rothlisberger is the definition of a "clutch" quaterback. He may not put up amazing numbers, but he turns it up when it counts. His ability to extend and make plays when they need them the most is why he is an elite quaterback. He has played behind arguably one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and still manages to get it done.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Pretty sure the Steelers only had 2 turnovers.

He threw 2 ints, fumbled two snaps, one of the fumbled snaps was a safety. A safety counts for TWO points and results in the team punting AWAY the ball. This is also considered a turnover. Simple math 2+1=3

Disrespected
01-24-2011, 09:59 PM
He threw 2 ints, fumbled two snaps, one of the fumbled snaps was a safety. A safety counts for TWO points and results in the team punting AWAY the ball. This is also considered a turnover. Simple math 2+1=3

Is a touchdown a turnover?

Pern
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM

the f*ck did i just read

SRSmiscerIZsrs
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Is a touchdown a turnover?

do you punt after a td? gtfo

SRSmiscerIZsrs
01-24-2011, 10:04 PM
the f*ck did i just read

you thought the steelers had 2 turnovers. i had to explain the 3rd for you. you dont watch football do you?

Pern
01-24-2011, 10:05 PM
New York Jets / Pittsburgh Steelers
First Downs 17 / 23
Total Yards 289 / 287
Turnovers 1 / 2
Time of Possession 25:19 / 34:41

PatrickBateman1
01-24-2011, 10:06 PM
agreed thoroughly, but like I said, he still produced something like 13 first downs. He didn't rack up the stats but he made them count.

definitely not his best game, and he had better be on top of his game because Aaron Rodgers is not Mark Sanchez.

Kethnaab summing it up. This is an AWESOME Super Bowl matuchup and even though the Pats aren't in it I'm still extremely excited. I love how both teams play smash-mouth, bad-ass, in-your-face football, and I expect to see some big f*cking hits... which is what the game is all about.

I'm pulling for the Steelers because I love the way they play the game (hit, hit, and hit), but I respect GB a lot and appreciate how tough they are as well.

Gonna be a great game but my personal spread has the Steelers -2 because they are so damn experienced. However, I think Rodgers is one of those special QB's that have what it takes to win Super Bowls so I can't guarantee a Steelers win.

Also... are the Steelers and Packers the two biggest fan-bases in the NFL? Was just thinking about this today and they're both obviously top 5 but are quite possibly top 2. Stats anyone?

PatrickBateman1
01-24-2011, 10:08 PM

Lmfao.... pretty sure only one score matters... and the foot-loving-phaggots had fewer than the Steelers.

PatrickBateman1
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
every great player has done something great at least once.....

alot of people can do that. they just dont get the chance.....

Are you f*cking high????

Pern
01-24-2011, 10:12 PM

you thought the steelers had 2 turnovers. i had to explain the 3rd for you. you dont watch football do you?

Have some negs then, so I can work on my subtraction.

Disrespected
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
do you punt after a td? gtfo

So a safety would not be a turnover if the team on defense was awarded 2 points and received the ball from a kickoff?

Would a touchdown be a turnover if the team on defense received the ball from a punt?

Is an interception/fumble recovered by the team on defense a turnover? They don't involve punts.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
01-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Lmfao.... pretty sure only one score matters... and the foot-loving-phaggots had fewer than the Steelers.
Obviously. The point is Ben played terrible. He was saved by his defense once again. He has the highest scoring defense in football for the last 4 years. Ben throws for 133 yards on 10 completions with 2 ints and these dick riders want to compare him to Brady/Manning.

ahahaha u mad phaggot?

BadIntentions
01-24-2011, 10:23 PM

lulz

Benchencurlen
01-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Also... are the Steelers and Packers the two biggest fan-bases in the NFL? Was just thinking about this today and they're both obviously top 5 but are quite possibly top 2. Stats anyone?

Yep:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

1. Steelers
2. Packers
3. Browns
4. Eagles
5. Chiefs (wtf?)

etc.

GPx
01-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Yep:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

1. Steelers
2. Packers
3. Browns
4. Eagles
5. Chiefs (wtf?)

etc.

Not sure how the Cowboys aren't #1.

EDIT - realized none of those ratings base anything off of actual size of fan base.

Benchencurlen
01-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Not sure how the Cowboys aren't #1.

EDIT - realized none of those ratings base anything off of actual size of fan base.

Yeah the Cowboys are ranked 12th lulz

Sick96stang
01-25-2011, 08:28 AM
New York Jets / Pittsburgh Steelers
First Downs 17 / 23
Total Yards 289 / 287
Turnovers 1 / 2
Time of Possession 25:19 / 34:41

Are you seriously trying to say that a safety is not a turnover? I guess you also don't consider a TURNOVER on downs to be a turnover either.

kethnaab
01-25-2011, 08:57 AM
sounds like we'll spend 3 or 4 pages arguing semantics here.

Onita
01-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Are you seriously trying to say that a safety is not a turnover? I guess you also don't consider a TURNOVER on downs to be a turnover either.

Are you serious?

kethnaab
01-25-2011, 09:01 AM
he's serious as a heart attack.

that's why I gave up on him awhile ago. he doesn't debate, he argues for the sake of argument.

Pern
01-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Ben recovered the ball in the endzone. Not the Defense. Since when were those ever counted as turnovers/fumbles lost in the stat sheet, you sloppy f*cking kunts...

kethnaab
01-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Ben recovered the ball in the endzone. Not the Defense. Since when were those ever counted as turnovers/fumbles lost in the stat sheet, you sloppy f*cking kunts...

relax. consider the target. it's either ignorance or trolling.

reg926
01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Big Ben will have 5-6 rings when it's all said and done. Joe Montana skill...nope. Joe Montana intangibles...yup.

Pern
01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
relax. consider the target. it's either ignorance or trolling.

Referring to end of page 2 as well, with the other retard.

kethnaab
01-25-2011, 09:31 AM

understood entirely.

_NEMESIS_
02-06-2011, 09:19 PM
go steelers ;)

lol wut?

GPx
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
:) .

rumpsicle
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Hey brah is Rodgers still just a fantasy QB?

_NEMESIS_
02-06-2011, 09:47 PM

high playoff qb rating

How did Big Ben do tonight?

SRSmiscerIZsrs
02-06-2011, 09:50 PM
in after fantasy champ became a real champ.
in after big ben showed his true colors
in after ben tried to pull a cutler then scrambled for 20 yards on the very next play
in after rodgers has ZERO turnovers and Ben has 2 ints

its50
02-06-2011, 09:55 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

Big7Ben86
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
o geez he didnt get his third ring.

WORST QB EVER!!!!!!!!!!

SRSmiscerIZsrs
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
o geez he didnt get his third ring.

WORST QB EVER!!!!!!!!!!

in after his qb rating was 74 last night.
in after his qb rating was 35 in his first super bowl win.
in after his 35 rating was the lowest to ever win a super bowl.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260205023 <- bens first super bowl. LOL'ing at 9 for 21 and no tds

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290201022 <- bens second super bowl

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=310206009 <- last nights super bowl

Ben has 3 tds and 5 ints in the super bowls hes played in. LETTUCE BE REAL this thread was right. You cant beat Ben because he beats himself. Lol'ing at the defense saving his ass in his only two wins.

brb harrison returns a 100 yard td in the arizona super bowl that changed everything. brb santonio bailing fat ben out. brb 9 for 21 against the seahawks.