PDA

View Full Version : why does this calculator for calories so low?

CoolYam
01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
i'm currently taking a bulking trainer and it said i only need to eat 2.2k calories a day. Then i turn to the nutrition forum and people are eating 4k calories a day.

btw check out my stats

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-week-daily-bulking-trainer-03.htm

CoolYam
01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
bump. do you guys know any good macronutrition calculators?

AlwaysTryin
01-22-2011, 10:55 PM
i'm currently taking a bulking trainer and it said i only need to eat 2.2k calories a day. Then i turn to the nutrition forum and people are eating 4k calories a day.

btw check out my stats

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-week-daily-bulking-trainer-03.htm

Very few legitimately need 4k calories. Most people need ~3k if that

Focus on yourself not others

CoolYam
01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Very few legitimately need 4k calories. Most people need ~3k if that

Focus on yourself not others

that's true good sir, but 2k is definitely too low. I'll try 3k and work my way up to 4k since i'm strictly on the ectomorph side

jaminb
01-22-2011, 11:10 PM
yea, im doing the same thing as you and noticed that too, he mentions to take in 15 cals per pound you weigh witch I find to be low for bulking. Hell...I could probably cut and tone up with this guys suggestions. Kinda leaves me confused because that program is based and written on bulking but his diet aspect is mind boggling.

This guys program seems good for getting a solid foundation or maybe for beginners who our clearly out of shape looking to gain muscle, seems to me like the results you get from his formula are based of a avg calorie intake for that person.

AlwaysTryin
01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
that's true good sir, but 2k is definitely too low. I'll try 3k and work my way up to 4k since i'm strictly on the ectomorph side

Are you sure it didn't say 2.2k was maintainence...

CoolYam
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Are you sure it didn't say 2.2k was maintainence...

it was a calculator on a bulking trainer so putting a maintenance would be useless.

jaminb
01-22-2011, 11:19 PM
even mentions in his video about what your bulking diet should consist of and the explains the macro generator he has for you.