PDA

View Full Version : Vatican Sex Abuse Scandal...

BootyBandit
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/18/vatican-irish-bishops_n_810535.html

"A 1997 letter from the Vatican warned Ireland's Catholic bishops not to report all suspected child-abuse cases to police a disclosure that victims' groups described as "the smoking gun" needed to show that the church enforced a worldwide culture of covering up crimes by ****phile priests.
To this day, the Vatican has not endorsed any of the Irish church's three major policy documents since 1996 on safeguarding children from clerical abuse. Irish taxpayers, rather than the church, have paid most of the euro1.5 billion ($2 billion) to more than 14,000 abuse claimants dating back to the 1940s."

So let me get this straight, the Catholic Church has been stealing money from it's parishioners for centuries, yet the Irish taxpayers have to flip the legal bill for all the liitle kids who were raped by Catholic priests in Catholic churches??

How do we let this shiit happen?

Boffothe
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
As people read this, I know what they are saying. "How can anyone possibly defend this?"

But rest assured, people on this very message board will defend it tooth and nail. Every catholic who has donated one penny to this church since these scandals came out is a child molester by proxy.

GrokTheCube
01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
No one would defend this, it's just horrific.

ZenBowman
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
The Vatican is the cancer of the Catholic faith in the same way that the Wahhabis are the cancer of Islam. True story.

It has totally ruined a faith that otherwise had many beautiful qualities.

ShoulderRoll
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
The state is responsible, therefore the state should pay. Unfortunately when the state has to pay for something, it means the taxpayer foots the bill

/

There is already a thred on this

AKR
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
The state is responsible, therefore the state should pay. Unfortunately when the state has to pay for something, it means the taxpayer foots the bill

/

I'm pretty sure the state wasn't the one raping kids.

Boffothe
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM

/

I hope that I can get the state to pay for it when I rape someone just because I have an imaginary friend

ShoulderRoll
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the state wasn't the one raping kids.

All these care homes and orphanages were ultimately under the auspices of the Irish government, and the government allowed the Church to do whatever it wanted and didn't interfere or check what was going on or do anything to stop this sh*t happening

AKR
01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
All these care homes and orphanages were ultimately under the auspices of the Irish government, and the government allowed the Church to do whatever it wanted and didn't interfere or check what was going on or do anything to stop this sh*t happening

So, you think that frees the actual people doing the molesting and the covering up from all responsibility?

ShoulderRoll
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
So, you think that frees the actual people doing the molesting and the covering up from all responsibility?

Yeah, that's exactly what I said =/

Obviously the Church and the sick pieces of sh*t who did these things are directly responsible, but the Irish government allowed it to happen. The government is never going to be able to get the Vatican to pay for compensation, particularly as they barely concede that it happened and the fact that many of the men and women responsible are dead.

Someone has to compensate the victims, and the Irish government was just as responsible as the Vatican for the welfare of those children and they did nothing to protect them

And it wasn't just molesting, there were also girls and boys who weren't molested but were terribly physically and mentally abused by nuns.

Boffothe
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Ireland is lucky. With an endless supply of gold replenished with each new rainbow, they can afford these kind of payouts. It's just disgusting that the Vatican has any legitimacy at all in the world when they are criminals of the worst kind.