PDA

View Full Version : Reduction in bodyfat/addition of lean mass!

chaz1172
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi guys, I'm 20 years old, 166lb and 10% bodyfat (caliper tested). And ideally, I'd like to have a bodyfat % closer to 8, but I'd also like some extra LEAN mass..I've been doing a lot of reading into the subject and most evidence points to the fact that a person's unable to achieve the two simultaneously...So I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the topic, or how they achieved a similar result?

MakeABanana
01-16-2011, 11:45 AM
If you're looking to gain appreciable mass, you're going to have to bulk. Now that doesn't mean you have binge and gain 20 lbs of fat in the process. Just eat a bit above your maintenance level in Calories, get your proper nutrition, train hard, sleep well, and make gains. You will gain a bit of fat in the process, but it's not going to kill you. Then you can cut when you feel the time's right.

Consult the Nutrition section stickies for more info.

chaz1172
01-16-2011, 01:29 PM
If you're looking to gain appreciable mass, you're going to have to bulk. Now that doesn't mean you have binge and gain 20 lbs of fat in the process. Just eat a bit above your maintenance level in Calories, get your proper nutrition, train hard, sleep well, and make gains. You will gain a bit of fat in the process, but it's not going to kill you. Then you can cut when you feel the time's right.

Consult the Nutrition section stickies for more info.

Thanks for the reply! My diet's pretty strict, and I'm hitting the weights and cardio pretty hard, was just wondering if anyone had any advice on ways of achieving both! I know it's difficult, given that, to reduce bodyfat, you need to complete catabolic exercises and create a calorie deficit..But some experts seem to think it's possible?