PDA

View Full Version : how many of you fit candy/junk food into your macros regularly..

yieldtonothing
01-15-2011, 09:50 PM
or semi-regularly.

i gotta hit those fat totals for the day and a man can only eat so many nuts in one day (no homo). what's wrong with smashing a twix, kit kat or reese's into my greek yogurt? or a bag of cheetos, fritos or doritos in my cottage cheese?

nothing!

i've stayed away from that crap for a long time, but now t hat i think about it, a twix is more beneficial to me than a cup or two of cheerios (which as far as i'm concerned, is just empty calories- no protein, no fats, no nothing!)

determined4000
01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
snickers

AlwaysTryin
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
You make a lot of threads OP lol

determined4000
01-15-2011, 09:57 PM

you read/answer 1,000,000x as many

No problem with either

franko man
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I never liked these junk foods in my life.. so almost never
i'd enjoy some decent pizza, cheesecake and try to fit THEM into my macros

MarkVI
01-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Rare to never. The candy/junky foods don't appeal to me too much. I guess a better definition of what you're thinking of would be in order...for example pizza to me isn't junk food and I eat that 2-3 times a week, usually about 1200 calories worth....but no cakes/candy/little debbies/ice cream etc...

yieldtonothing

having a quiet/early night...kiling some time before bed.

went out early, was in at like 1115. sipping a macro friendly vodka drink, kinda watching a flick and d-cking around on the internet

AlwaysTryin
you read/answer 1,000,000x as many

No problem with either

notice the "lol" at the end?? I was never saying it was an issue...

You also give a lot of people bulking advice...

Simmo0508
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
i gotta hit those fat totals for the day and a man can only eat so many nuts in one day (no homo). what's wrong with smashing a twix, kit kat or reese's into my greek yogurt? or a bag of cheetos, fritos or doritos in my cottage cheese?

Because they don't contain the type of fats you should be eating. Simple. Your not going to find healthy fats in a bag of chips or a candy bar mate.

If you wanna eat a Twix bar or whatever, go for it (within reason), just don't eat it for the "nutrition". Be honest with people and be honest with yourself. You wanna eat it cos it tastes good, that's it. You can't justify it any other way.

As for the question, i don't eat candy or chips etc. Haven't since i started bodybuilding 8 years ago. Doesn't interest me. Not a huge fan of the taste anyway. I have sensitive teeth too so sweet food isn't always the best for me. I prefer to eat healthy 24/7/365.

determined4000
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
I never liked these junk foods in my life.. so almost never
i'd enjoy some decent pizza, cheesecake and try to fit THEM into my macros

x2 (minus the pizza) Cheesecake!
Could care less if I ever eat a chip, sugary candies, kiddie cereals

yieldtonothing
01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Rare to never. The candy/junky foods don't appeal to me too much. I guess a better definition of what you're thinking of would be in order...for example pizza to me isn't junk food and I eat that 2-3 times a week, usually about 1200 calories worth....but no cakes/candy/little debbies/ice cream etc...

i don't really consider pizza junk food. clearly its not health food or the most nutritious thing you can eat, but its pretty nutrient dense for the most part.

DefiningMoments
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
I always fit Apple Jacks into my macros regularly :)
It says it has all those vitamins and stuff too.

determined4000
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
i don't really consider pizza junk food. clearly its not health food or the most nutritious thing you can eat, but its pretty nutrient dense for the most part.

Plus you can make pizza as healthy/unhealthy as you want
whereas doritos you are stuck with the trans fat, preservatives, dyes, artificial ingredients, sodium, and MSG

determined4000
01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
I always fit Apple Jacks into my macros regularly :)
It says it has all those vitamins and stuff too.

Apple Jacks, the nutritional powerhouse of cereals
1st ingredient=sugar

AlwaysTryin
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
having a quiet/early night...kiling some time before bed.

went out early, was in at like 1115. sipping a macro friendly vodka drink, kinda watching a flick and d-cking around on the internet
Fair enough lol

franko man
01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Plus you can make pizza as healthy/unhealthy as you want
whereas doritos you are stuck with the trans fat, preservatives, dyes, artificial ingredients, sodium, and MSG

definitely! my homemade pizza comes out to pretty much the same macros breakdown as a sandwich
high protein, moderate carbs and "low" fat compared to domino's

TrainHardOrQuit
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
or semi-regularly.

nothing!

i've stayed away from that crap for a long time, but now t hat i think about it, a twix is more beneficial to me than a cup or two of cheerios (which as far as i'm concerned, is just empty calories- no protein, no fats, no nothing!)

I almost always eat KFC on toonie tuesdays.

TrainHardOrQuit
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
As long as u can fit them in your macros...but don't eat that too often because:

1. You'll end up getting addicted to it and lose control/track.
2. You won't get much nutritionally for those empty calories.

determined4000
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
definitely! my homemade pizza comes out to pretty much the same macros breakdown as a sandwich
high protein, moderate carbs and "low" fat compared to domino's

and costs 1/3 the price

Halfnelson
01-15-2011, 10:44 PM
snickers

ha. are you saying you regularly eat snickers D?

i smell bull****.

addictR3
01-16-2011, 01:21 AM
ha. are you saying you regularly eat snickers D?

i smell bull****.

Yeah the new carb quick snicker lol

MooseLaddin
01-16-2011, 01:26 AM
tough to say it's more like if i have candy or junk I'll fit it in my macros because for some reason usually I'll have that candy or ice cream or whatever before my dinner which is typically late then i'd eat a lighter dinner maybe take a protein shake on top. props if you can fit it in though, probably small portions of the candy then like fun size or just high maintenance calories.