PDA

View Full Version : Increasing of bodyweight

Squirrel1984
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello.

Firstly, I want to beg pardon if I chose wrong topic or you have one with discussions of my problem. I'm new member and I tried to find information which I need but without success.
My problem is that I can't increase my weight. I know that problem in hours of sleeping (for example) and I'll try to fix this problem. But also I know for sure that problem is in my dietary regimen. Сan someone help me in making list quantity of food or show me topics with such kind of calculations? I'm a thin athletic. My height is 5 7, my weight is 149 (i want to increase it to 175-178)

Thank you so much.

sean1787
01-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Hello.

Firstly, I want to beg pardon if I chose wrong topic or you have one with discussions of my problem. I'm new member and I tried to find information which I need but without success.
My problem is that I can't increase my weight. I know that problem in hours of sleeping (for example) and I'll try to fix this problem. But also I know for sure that problem is in my dietary regimen. Сan someone help me in making list quantity of food or show me topics with such kind of calculations? I'm a thin athletic. My height is 5 7, my weight is 149 (i want to increase it to 175-178)

Thank you so much.

hey man im a trainer and about your same size.

you need to eat more protein (meats, nuts, protein powders, milk)

try to keep sugar and carbs low

now to add muscle just lift with higher weights then your used to with lower reps 4-8 about 3 - 4 sets.

thats a basic run down any other quesitons hit me up on pm

Hal_Incandenza
01-15-2011, 04:07 PM
This is a reasonable question, but why post it in the "Losing Fat" forum?

dirtbikeguy
01-15-2011, 04:27 PM

now to add muscle just lift with higher weights then your used to with lower reps 4-8 about 3 - 4 sets.

I agree with he should have more protein from sources such as meats, nuts, weight gainer shakes, whole milk.

He should be having TONS of carbs if he wants to gain weight.

Buy some bread and make two chicken sandwiches a day.
Eat a bowl of oatmeal pre-workout everyday.

Try to get 6-8 reps instead of 4-8 for mass.

Squirrel1984
01-15-2011, 08:27 PM
This is a reasonable question, but why post it in the "Losing Fat" forum?

I'm sorry. U r right, I found only this place about weight correction.

I agree with he should have more protein from sources such as meats, nuts, weight gainer shakes, whole milk.

He should be having TONS of carbs if he wants to gain weight.

Buy some bread and make two chicken sandwiches a day.
Eat a bowl of oatmeal pre-workout everyday.

Try to get 6-8 reps instead of 4-8 for mass.

Thank you, guys. Let me explain you what I do and what I want. As I said I have athletic but thin figure. I started to do workout 2 months ago. As beginner I do basic 3-4 exercises (8 reps) for any group of muscles. I increase my strength but simultaneously I want to increase to my weight. I know that I should eat 5-6 times in a day. But can you help me with list of items ? Not exactly what I need to eat but how much should i eat (ccal), some kind of calculators according to my type of body and my weight.

For example that's what I saw in one of the topics:

Quote:
Originally posted by NYSoprano
how do u find out how many calories u burn a day? Also what about carbs and proteins?
66 + [13.7 x (weight in kg)] + [5.0 x (height in cm)] - [6.8 x (age in yrs)] = BEE (in calories)

Use this equation to calculate your "Basal Energy Expenditure" (BEE). This is the amount of energy you need in order to maintain your weight with no activity level.

I need these formulas.