PDA

View Full Version : Mixing insanity with lifting?

Underfaker
01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Trying to reduce my body fat a lil. Trying to get ready for springbreak/summer. Im trying to lose a few pounds. And im wondering if i should throw in insanity for the next two months with my current workout? By current I mean lifting hard. So Im wondering if i should do it like this.

Monday -Lift( like Chest and tries or something just giving the idea)
Tues- (usually off ) Insanity
Wed-Lift(Arms and back or somehting)
Thurs-Insanity
Fri-Lift(shoulders and legs or something)
Sat-Insanity
Sun- off

would this be ok?

leaderbeans
01-15-2011, 03:08 PM
It should work since you would be doing cardio on your off days anyway?? I don't know I find insanity to be pretty damn good. I lost like 95 lbs on it doing it twice. It's good cardio and you don't get bored like other forms of cardio so you stick with it.

I would try it out.

dirtbikeguy
01-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Insanity is great cardio dont get me wrong, but it doesn't do so well when it comes to building mass. Just run 3-4 miles on your off days and you will see the same if not better results due to not being weak on lifting days.

At the end of the day your diet is whats going to make you lose/gain weight. Get your diet in check and you will be fine. No I don't mean starving yourself so you can lose more weight. I mean eating proper macros/calories to lose weight while keeping what muscle you have.