PDA

View Full Version : Overall Supp Advice requested (reps)

neddo
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Alright, I haven't gotten in all of my supps quite yet, but I'll have them in a few days. I'm looking for advice as to when to take each. I'm asking this because I've heard certain do's/do nots with some of these (ZMA).

Supps:

ZMA
CL OxiMega
CL OT
CL Purple Wraath
NOW Dextrose
ON Natural Whey
ON Microionized Creatine
Jack3d

I'm looking for 1) How much to take & 2) When to take them

The only ones I'm sure on are 2 scoops jack3d preworkout & 2gs of creatine in my PWO shake. And I'll be able to gauge my protein PWO intake but am curious to others' inputs.

Any help is appreciated, and rep'd.

Retrotiger
01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Alright, I haven't gotten in all of my supps quite yet, but I'll have them in a few days. I'm looking for advice as to when to take each. I'm asking this because I've heard certain do's/do nots with some of these (ZMA).

Supps:

ZMA - Before bedtime.
CL OxiMega - After breakfast.
CL OT - After breakfast.
CL Purple Wraath - Intraworkout. Mix with Dextrose. You got loads of BCAA already.
NOW Dextrose - Intraworkout. Because of the dextrose that could give you energy.
ON Natural Whey - Postworkout/All throughout the day. I suggest you drink no more than 3 servings a day.
ON Microionized Creatine - Postworkout = 3/4 sccop = 3.5g creatine
Jack3d - Preworkout. 1scoop = 1.5g creatine

The only ones I'm sure on are 2 scoops jack3d preworkout & 2gs of creatine in my PWO shake. And I'll be able to gauge my protein PWO intake but am curious to others' inputs.

Fixed.

kapsemaj
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM

Supps:

ZMA - don't need this
CL OxiMega - morning, 1 scoop with water
CL OT - 3 tabs morning, 3 tabs post workout, with this you dont need ZMA
CL Purple Wraath - 1 scoop intra workout, if your >200 use 2 scoops
NOW Dextrose - dont need this
ON Natural Whey - get Myofusion instead, 1 scoops with milk post workout
ON Microionized Creatine - 5g any time of the day, if your >200, up the dose maybe to 8g. You can also mix this with your protein shake post workout.
Jack3d - dont need this

changes

neddo
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Seeing as I've already bought the ZMA, would it be a waste to take them?

Zinc and B6 are met by the OT, but only a quarter of the Magnesium is.

neddo
01-14-2011, 05:31 PM
2 replies?

Bump.

kapsemaj
01-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Seeing as I've already bought the ZMA, would it be a waste to take them?

Zinc and B6 are met by the OT, but only a quarter of the Magnesium is.

Take 1-2 ZMA caps about 30-60 minutes before bed, and make sure you eat nothing with calcium anytime around that time period.

neddo
01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Considering I'm trying to eat yogurt/cottage cheese before bed... what do I do?

bbrock293
01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
ZMA won't do anything for you at 21, other than better sleep. I take it for sleep only and I am 28, it hasn't had any other effects. Stick with creatine mono, dextrose, fish oil, casein and whey protein, and good clean foods.

neddo
01-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Aight. Taking it will calcium will what, inhibit one of the absorptions? Essentially not causing any problems, except wasting a pill, right?

Or I could take the zma at 10:30, cottage cheese/pb/milk/etc at 11:15, out by midnight.

cchandl5
01-14-2011, 09:22 PM
take the creatine about an hour before the workout and the jacked 30 minutes before the workout. and take a scoop of protein about an hour before workout and 2 scoops of protein immediately after the workout. that's how i would do it. i'd also recommend a cassien protein to use before you go to bed.